Ask a question

No registration required

Kindle Fire HD Fastboot

OP overlode

23rd August 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
I cannot seem to find any help with this one anywhere so I am starting a new thread.

Basically I have a Kindle Fire HD 7" Tate that shuts itself down after loading either the normal Kindle Fire boot logo OR when entering Fastboot. It stays on in Fastboot for about 3 seconds and then switches off and continues to loop while the factory cable is plugged in.

If I have the normal cable plugged in, boots to Kindle Fire screen (no animation) and then shuts down. Power button unresponsive.

Any ideas? I have managed to load the bootloader, recovery and boot stock via fastboot in time before it shuts down again but this has not helped.
23rd August 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,999

4,873 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've requested that this be moved to Kindle Fire HD 7" Q and A
24th August 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #3  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 328

562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlode

I cannot seem to find any help with this one anywhere so I am starting a new thread.

Basically I have a Kindle Fire HD 7" Tate that shuts itself down after loading either the normal Kindle Fire boot logo OR when entering Fastboot. It stays on in Fastboot for about 3 seconds and then switches off and continues to loop while the factory cable is plugged in.

If I have the normal cable plugged in, boots to Kindle Fire screen (no animation) and then shuts down. Power button unresponsive.

Any ideas? I have managed to load the bootloader, recovery and boot stock via fastboot in time before it shuts down again but this has not helped.

You might want to recharge the battery with normal USB cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafinWasi

You might want to recharge the battery with normal USB cable.

Tried leaving it on charge overnight, still the same thing. It occasionally goes to red triangle in a boot loop so I don't think all is lost. I was wondering if it were possible to reflash the xloader partitions but I cant seem to find the file I need.

It seems that the battery is not charging. I managed to get the Kindle to stay on long enough for bootloader,boot and recovery to be flashed via fastboot but then the battery seemed to die mid way through flashing system. I am going to try and put the battery in another KFHD and charge it, see what happens.
Last edited by overlode; 24th August 2014 at 10:17 AM.
24th August 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

44 posts
Looks like I have found the problem, the power button board is faulty. The Kindle has suffered some water damage by the looks of it. Unplugged the connections to the headphone board and all is working and I am able to reflash via fastboot without it turning off
Last edited by overlode; 24th August 2014 at 10:49 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread