Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 40,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't Root My Kindle Fire.

Tip us?

Wizhunter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can't Root My Kindle Fire.

Hi Guys
Been trying for what seems an eternity to root my Kindle Fire HD 7inch..I Cant Install ADB drivers,The PC won't find the Kindle.Also when i try to install ADB drivers,it says drivers already installed,when window's searches for it..it says drivers could not be found for your device..When i look in Device Manager i have a kindle in Portable Devices and Kindle in a place of its own in the list..One is listed as a MPT ?..I can't tell you the driver version of the Kindle,because it simply doesn't show one..Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Wizhunter

Wizhunter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizhunter View Post
Hi Guys
Been trying for what seems an eternity to root my Kindle Fire HD 7inch..I Cant Install ADB drivers,The PC won't find the Kindle.Also when i try to install ADB drivers,it says drivers already installed,when window's searches for it..it says drivers could not be found for your device..When i look in Device Manager i have a kindle in Portable Devices and Kindle in a place of its own in the list..One is listed as a MPT ?..I can't tell you the driver version of the Kindle,because it simply doesn't show one..Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Wizhunter
If this helps..i ran a program and the No is 11.3.2.5..i personally have no idea,also whats the difference with a factory cable and a fastboot cable ?

Rushead
Old
Thanks Meter 744
MPT is media transfer or something like that. If you have that, drivers should be installed & working. Have you tried transferring files?
Fastboot is a special cable that uses 5v on pin #4 (typically empty) of the usb cable to force Fastboot mode. This is NOT simply a factory charge cable.
And the knowledge that we fear is a weapon to be used against us....

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wizhunter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushead View Post
MPT is media transfer or something like that. If you have that, drivers should be installed & working. Have you tried transferring files?
Fastboot is a special cable that uses 5v on pin #4 (typically empty) of the usb cable to force Fastboot mode. This is NOT simply a factory charge cable.
Thanks Rushead,i have all the files on my pc but they wouldn't go to my Kindle..I must of been using a standard cable..I have ordered a fastboot cable and it should be here in the next couple of days

Thanks Again
Wiz
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizhunter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]