No registration required

[Q] Can't Root My Kindle Fire.

OP Wizhunter

23rd August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Hi Guys
Been trying for what seems an eternity to root my Kindle Fire HD 7inch..I Cant Install ADB drivers,The PC won't find the Kindle.Also when i try to install ADB drivers,it says drivers already installed,when window's searches for it..it says drivers could not be found for your device..When i look in Device Manager i have a kindle in Portable Devices and Kindle in a place of its own in the list..One is listed as a MPT ?..I can't tell you the driver version of the Kindle,because it simply doesn't show one..Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Wizhunter
23rd August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizhunter

Hi Guys
Been trying for what seems an eternity to root my Kindle Fire HD 7inch..I Cant Install ADB drivers,The PC won't find the Kindle.Also when i try to install ADB drivers,it says drivers already installed,when window's searches for it..it says drivers could not be found for your device..When i look in Device Manager i have a kindle in Portable Devices and Kindle in a place of its own in the list..One is listed as a MPT ?..I can't tell you the driver version of the Kindle,because it simply doesn't show one..Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Wizhunter

If this helps..i ran a program and the No is 11.3.2.5..i personally have no idea,also whats the difference with a factory cable and a fastboot cable ?
25th August 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag L.A., CA
Thanks Meter: 838

1,782 posts
More
MPT is media transfer or something like that. If you have that, drivers should be installed & working. Have you tried transferring files?
Fastboot is a special cable that uses 5v on pin #4 (typically empty) of the usb cable to force Fastboot mode. This is NOT simply a factory charge cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rushead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushead

MPT is media transfer or something like that. If you have that, drivers should be installed & working. Have you tried transferring files?
Fastboot is a special cable that uses 5v on pin #4 (typically empty) of the usb cable to force Fastboot mode. This is NOT simply a factory charge cable.

Thanks Rushead,i have all the files on my pc but they wouldn't go to my Kindle..I must of been using a standard cable..I have ordered a fastboot cable and it should be here in the next couple of days

Thanks Again
Wiz
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizhunter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread