Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone out there working on CM12 or Lollipop AOSP?

OP theplagueisback

4th December 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

83 posts
The first gen and HD Kindle have people active on the 5.0 development, just wondering if power user here is working on a 2nd gen rom for us.
5th December 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #2  
Wrong section to post.

Sent from my PAC'ed Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
6th December 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 257

163 posts
No, I think he posted in the right section. And no I don't think anyone is working on a 5.0 ROM sorry, no one really builds for the Otter2 (KindleFire2) anymore but me and I rarely do that. Since Hashcode moved on to work for Linaro we are pretty much dead in the water, sorry bud.
6th December 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

83 posts
Ok, thanks man. Do you think it would be too much work to port Hashcode's Kindle 1st gen ROM to the 2nd gen?
6th December 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 400

777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplagueisback

Ok, thanks man. Do you think it would be too much work to port Hashcodes Kindle 1st gen ROM to the 2nd gen?

Well... Porting is not possible.
I have a first gen. What hashcode did was he made a new partition layout, bpotloader, and recovery for it, which made it COMPLETELY different from Amazon's device. So hiss 5.0 for pur device is OtterX. Anyways, ROMs can't be ported between two devices anymore. So unless hashcode is working for it, its done.
6th December 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 257

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplagueisback

Ok, thanks man. Do you think it would be too much work to port Hashcode's Kindle 1st gen ROM to the 2nd gen?

Porting between the two has never gone well..can I try and make a 5.0 ROM yes. Its been one of those things I've been meaning to do just haven't gotten around to doing yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to obsolete1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

83 posts
I hear ya, what can we do, if you guys ever come up with something I'll gladly give it a try

Thanks!
7th December 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete1

Porting between the two has never gone well..can I try and make a 5.0 ROM yes. Its been one of those things I've been meaning to do just haven't gotten around to doing yet.

Please, please do this.
8th December 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #9  
Flag Palatka
Thanks Meter: 307

755 posts
hashcode pushed all the changes for compiling 5.0 to github, just a matter of making a few changes in otter2 device tree. I will compile it today and see what needs to be done. Don't expect too much because cm-12.0 is still alpha.
Update
cm-12.0 uses an android partition layout, hashcode uses a different bootloader and twrp for OtterX. Unless someone can make cm-12.0 work on Amazon partition layout we won't get it.
Last edited by stevemp; 9th December 2014 at 02:42 AM.
9th December 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Could the otterx stuff be ported over?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread