Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Kindle Fire 2 Boot Loop PC wont recognize

OP mhsears1

26th May 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a KIndle Fire 2 that is in a boot loop with white and orange logo constantly flashing on and off. I rooted it and was trying to load CM on it. I have a fastboot cable but that does nothing. PC does not recognize it anymore. I opened case up looking for reset button like the KF1 has but could not locate one. Is this fixable?

The problem started after the OEM Recovery command was sent:

Step 3: Use fastboot to apply exploit files and reboot into recovery With the device powered off: connect your FASTBOOT USB cable(if needed) to the Kindle which should cause it to power on and enter "FASTBOOT" mode. Issue the following commands into your command/terminal window on your PC 1 at a time. (if you don't need a fastboot cable then power on the device after entering the 1st command below)
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader otter2-u-boot-prod-10.2.4.bin
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery otter2-twrp-2.6.3.1-recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot otter2-freedom-boot-10.4.6.img
(if using a fastboot USB cable swap to a normal USB cable before entering the next command)
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem recovery
If all has gone well, then your device should now be in recovery.
26th May 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsears1

I have a KIndle Fire 2 that is in a boot loop with white and orange logo constantly flashing on and off. I rooted it and was trying to load CM on it. I have a fastboot cable but that does nothing. PC does not recognize it anymore. I opened case up looking for reset button like the KF1 has but could not locate one. Is this fixable?

The problem started after the OEM Recovery command was sent:

Step 3: Use fastboot to apply exploit files and reboot into recovery With the device powered off: connect your FASTBOOT USB cable(if needed) to the Kindle which should cause it to power on and enter "FASTBOOT" mode. Issue the following commands into your command/terminal window on your PC 1 at a time. (if you don't need a fastboot cable then power on the device after entering the 1st command below)
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader otter2-u-boot-prod-10.2.4.bin
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery otter2-twrp-2.6.3.1-recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot otter2-freedom-boot-10.4.6.img
(if using a fastboot USB cable swap to a normal USB cable before entering the next command)
fastboot -i 0x1949 oem recovery
If all has gone well, then your device should now be in recovery.

Does fastboot find your device ? Use fastboot with getvar command to check if you device is recognized with fastboot.
If ok, try to flash the boot.img
You will find some useful tips here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
27th May 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
the fast boot cable does not put the device into fastboot and my PC doesn't even recognize it so how would I be able to issue any commands to the device
27th May 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Where'd you get the cable from? I have heard cases here and there on the forum of people buying a fastboot cable that didn't work because it was just an regular cable being sold as such. I recommend the blackhat adapters myself.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
OK so my pc does not have to recognize the KF in device manager for a proper fastboot cable to work?
27th May 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes it does, you plug a fastboot cable in and it should show up as either a otter2,jem, or Tate device depending on the model, if it shows up as a android device bridge or something of that nature then the driver is already installed. Without a driver you can't interact with a device.

Edit: wait if you meant did the kindle need to be showing up already for the cable to work then the answer is no, the cable itself is what puts it in fastboot mode so the computer can detect it.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
ok thanks so maybe the ebay "special" fastboot cable I got is bad. I ordered a black hat adapter and will try that
thx
8th September 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #8  

7 posts
Thumbs up I have the correct cable
I have the correct cable,
and drivers.
was in fastboot following the steps in a guide,
and bam, bootlooping now..
what can I do?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

nevermind, i got it back into fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappy_phone_guy

I have the correct cable,
and drivers.
was in fastboot following the steps in a guide,
and bam, bootlooping now..
what can I do?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread