Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle won't boot **PLEASE HELP**

Tip us?

kernelpanic_
Old
(Last edited by kernelpanic_; 26th June 2014 at 08:13 PM.) Reason: Grammar and other
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Tablet Kindle won't boot **PLEASE HELP**

This all started when I accidentally wiped /system in TWRP. I tried to sideload a .zip but it wouldn't install, then I realized I still had my cm11 images on the internal storage. Got that flashed, then I flashed the gapps. I tried to restart the Kindle from TWRP, then all of a sudden this slide thing came up. It was something that had something to do with SuperSU and the words "Do Not Install" in caps. Also it showed up right as I was sliding to restart. Now it's sitting at the white and orange Kindle Fire startup screen. I hope I'm not bricked, because I don't have access to recovery, I don't have access/money for a fastboot cable, nor can I make one. If I have to, I might be able to make one. Thanks for your help if you can.

kernelpanic_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelpanic_ View Post
This all started when I accidentally wiped /system in TWRP. I tried to sideload a .zip but it wouldn't install, then I realized I still had my cm11 images on the internal storage. Got that flashed, then I flashed the gapps. I tried to restart the Kindle from TWRP, then all of a sudden this slide thing came up. The only thing I got from it before it restarted was DO NOT INSTALL and SuperSU, but it showed up right as I was sliding to restart. Now it's sitting at the white and orange Kindle Fire startup screen. I hope I'm not bricked, because I don't have access to recovery, I don't have access/money for a fastboot cable, nor can I make one. If I have to, I might be able to make one. Thanks for your help if you can.
This is the screen atm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140626_011.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	2819056  

monster1612
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelpanic_ View Post
This is the screen atm.
Assuming you have the fastboot drivers installed, this should work even without a fastboot cable. First, unplug your kindle from the USB cable and make sure it's completely powered off. Next, in a command prompt (Windows) or a Terminal (Ubuntu), type "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" without quotes, and press enter. You should see a message looking like "< waiting for device >", plug your kindle in if so. The kindle should now display the orange-and-white logo like in your screenshot, and then after a few seconds, it should change into a "fastboot mode" screen. If you can get this far, then you shouldn't be completely bricked.