Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck in TWRP recovery

OP mayuri1

16th July 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Ok, so I have a question that either does not exist on Google or that I just don't know how to explain.

My Kindle Fire 2 was flashed a while back with a stock version of Android Jellybean 4.2.2, until today. I made a complete backup of everything inside TWRP and transferred all of those backup files to my laptop. I then flashed a newer version of TWRP, version 2.6.3.1. After that, i flashed the newest version of Cyanogenmod 11, Android 4.4.4.

Anyways, I got to adjusting the settings and told it to allow me to pick between rebooting into recovery or normal mode when i pressed the reboot button on the power menu.

Here is my problem though. At one point, I told Cyanogenmod to reboot me into recovery, and ever since, my Kindle will only let me boot into the TWRP recovery area, regardless of what I tell it to load in the bootloader.

How can I just get it to boot to the normal OS? I've tried reflashing the recovery and reflashing Cyanogenmod onto it. I just don't know what to do because I don't know exactly why this is happening.

I've tried wiping the /data partition too, but to no use. I still am able to wipe internal data partition, however I don't know how it will respond to that. I mean... Isn't that where TWRP is stored? I don't want to lose my recovery partition where I have no way to get back.

If it comes to it, could I replace my recovery partition with Cyanogenmod?

I am still able to use ADB and I'm able to push files. (So far)
Last edited by mayuri1; 16th July 2014 at 11:27 PM.
17th July 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Possible solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuri1

Ok, so I have a question that either does not exist on Google or that I just don't know how to explain.

My Kindle Fire 2 was flashed a while back with a stock version of Android Jellybean 4.2.2, until today. I made a complete backup of everything inside TWRP and transferred all of those backup files to my laptop. I then flashed a newer version of TWRP, version 2.6.3.1. After that, i flashed the newest version of Cyanogenmod 11, Android 4.4.4.

Anyways, I got to adjusting the settings and told it to allow me to pick between rebooting into recovery or normal mode when i pressed the reboot button on the power menu.

Here is my problem though. At one point, I told Cyanogenmod to reboot me into recovery, and ever since, my Kindle will only let me boot into the TWRP recovery area, regardless of what I tell it to load in the bootloader.

How can I just get it to boot to the normal OS? I've tried reflashing the recovery and reflashing Cyanogenmod onto it. I just don't know what to do because I don't know exactly why this is happening.

I've tried wiping the /data partition too, but to no use. I still am able to wipe internal data partition, however I don't know how it will respond to that. I mean... Isn't that where TWRP is stored? I don't want to lose my recovery partition where I have no way to get back.

If it comes to it, could I replace my recovery partition with Cyanogenmod?

I am still able to use ADB and I'm able to push files. (So far)

I assuming you have a TWRP bootloop problem? Like everytime you reboot it, it shows you the kindel fire logo (organge/white), then to the blue/white logo, and then instead of the normal android ui, it boots into TWRP? If this is the case, have you tried selecting the 'bootmode' option during the kindle fire blue/white logo screen? That was my solution when I had the recovery bootloop problem recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocketfans14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfans14

I assuming you have a TWRP bootloop problem? Like everytime you reboot it, it shows you the kindel fire logo (organge/white), then to the blue/white logo, and then instead of the normal android ui, it boots into TWRP? If this is the case, have you tried selecting the 'bootmode' option during the kindle fire blue/white logo screen? That was my solution when I had the recovery bootloop problem recently.

I tried telling it to boot normal during that screen. Still goes to TWRP.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread