FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] 2014 Kindle fire hd 7 (4th Gen) Root/Recovery? 1 month into the search

Thanks Meter: 22

By LumberjackZac, Member on 24th January 2015, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
All,

I've been digging through the forums patiently for a month (12/25/14) looking at every root method listed and none have worked. Everything seems to be so dated and focused on 2012, 2013. I thought its time to ask for help. 2014 Kindle Fire HD7 (4th gen) fireOS 4.5.2. i own fastboot cable also.
KFASWI
Goal is AOSP roms.

I've gotten at least 10 ADB usb drivers and found one works newest version. Able to send ADB commands.

Kingo
Root with Restore bin4ry v36
VRoot 1.8.0.1245
Root master 1.3.6 (chinese)
towelroot
firerooter 0.3
kindlehd2013 root
root_script
QemuRoot v1.0

Anybody have a direction to look at?
Last edited by LumberjackZac; 24th January 2015 at 08:22 PM.

27th April 2015, 12:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberjackZac

All,

I've been digging through the forums patiently for a month (12/25/14) looking at every root method listed and none have worked. Everything seems to be so dated and focused on 2012, 2013. I thought its time to ask for help. 2014 Kindle Fire HD7 (4th gen) fireOS 4.5.2. i own fastboot cable also.
KFASWI
Goal is AOSP roms.

I've gotten at least 10 ADB usb drivers and found one works newest version. Able to send ADB commands.

Kingo
Root with Restore bin4ry v36
VRoot 1.8.0.1245
Root master 1.3.6 (chinese)
towelroot
firerooter 0.3
kindlehd2013 root
root_script
QemuRoot v1.0

Anybody have a direction to look at?

which one is OK,I am waiting for ,too.
2nd May 2015, 02:06 AM |#3  

More
I just bought one of these tablets, and come to find out nothing I have will let the tablet talk to the laptop... none of the ADB drivers I have work. which sucks cuz I really wanted to put Google Books on this tablet so I could have all 3 apps working. (Kindle, Nook, Google Books)
17th May 2015, 05:18 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Root achieved with kingroot. Not sure how much I trust the Chinese. But it's only for root. Now I just bricked my fire HD 7 4th gen trying to install xposed framework and I'm working on if I can adb the device back to life...
17th May 2015, 07:27 PM |#5  

More
Unhappy
Quote:

Root achieved with kingroot. Not sure how much I trust the Chinese. But it's only for root. Now I just bricked my fire HD 7 4th gen trying to install xposed framework and I'm working on if I can adb the device back to life...

Can you provide details on how you rooted it? I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 running 4.5.3 and i've had no luck rooting it!
20th May 2015, 09:01 AM |#6  

More
Smile
Quote:

Hi,friend!!! i got a firmware for our device(only for mtk 8135),but I don't know how install it on device. Device just boot into recovery,but recovery just for hard reset and reboot...I think-need FLASHTOOL for MTK 8135,for installation recovery or reflashing...
sorry for my english
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread