Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Project]Lollipop for the Kindle Fire HD's(2012 Models)

OP BuQQzz

17th November 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC
Thanks Meter: 215

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
LOLLIPOP!

This is a project thread to help out with getting Lollipop on our HDs !

this is the default manifest that you can put into your repo to make things more smooth for you:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001611544

Download Repo:
Code:
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest.git -b android-5.0.0_r7
Then Run:
Code:
repo sync -j#
(#=6,8,16,32) depends on how well your pc can handle muliple projects at once

After sources have downloaded Run:
Code:
 lunch
then choose device which is tate

then Run:
Code:
make -j8 otapackage
and itll start compiling

Sources have been bumped up to LRX21T 5.0.0_r7

CURRENT ERRORS AND TEMPORARY FIXES

ERROR #1
So it builds and then stops at netlink/genl/genl.h no such file...

to fix this error run:
Code:
cd external
then:
Code:
git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/libnl-headers
and then:
Code:
make -j8 otapackage
ERROR #2

Code:
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::ACodec::configureOutputBuffersFromNativeWindow(OMX_U32*, OMX_U32*, OMX_U32*)':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:627:11: warning: 'int native_window_set_buffers_geometry(ANativeWindow*, int, int, int)' is deprecated (declared at system/core/include/system/window.h:734) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
     err = native_window_set_buffers_geometry(
           ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:631:42: warning: 'int native_window_set_buffers_geometry(ANativeWindow*, int, int, int)' is deprecated (declared at system/core/include/system/window.h:734) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
             def.format.video.eColorFormat);
                                          ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::ACodec::allocateOutputBuffersFromNativeWindow()':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:779:5: error: 'mNumUndequeuedBuffers' was not declared in this scope
     mNumUndequeuedBuffers = minUndequeuedBuffers;
     ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::ACodec::allocateOutputMetaDataBuffers()':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:848:5: error: 'mNumUndequeuedBuffers' was not declared in this scope
     mNumUndequeuedBuffers = minUndequeuedBuffers;
     ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'void android::ACodec::waitUntilAllPossibleNativeWindowBuffersAreReturnedToUs()':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:2969:48: error: 'mNumUndequeuedBuffers' was not declared in this scope
     while (countBuffersOwnedByNativeWindow() > mNumUndequeuedBuffers
                                                ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::ACodec::pushBlankBuffersToNativeWindow()':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:3591:11: warning: 'int native_window_set_buffers_geometry(ANativeWindow*, int, int, int)' is deprecated (declared at system/core/include/system/window.h:734) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
     err = native_window_set_buffers_geometry(mNativeWindow.get(), 1, 1,
           ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:3592:39: warning: 'int native_window_set_buffers_geometry(ANativeWindow*, int, int, int)' is deprecated (declared at system/core/include/system/window.h:734) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
             HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGBX_8888);
                                       ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'bool android::ACodec::BaseState::onOMXMessage(const android::sp<android::AMessage>&)':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:3813:26: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     if (mCodec->mNode == NULL) {
                          ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::ACodec::UninitializedState::stateEntered()':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4406:19: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'android::IOMX::node_id {aka unsigned int}' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
     mCodec->mNode = NULL;
                   ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'bool android::ACodec::UninitializedState::onAllocateComponent(const android::sp<android::AMessage>&)':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4477:5: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     CHECK(mCodec->mNode == NULL);
     ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4525:26: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'android::IOMX::node_id {aka unsigned int}' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
     IOMX::node_id node = NULL;
                          ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4544:14: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'android::IOMX::node_id {aka unsigned int}' from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
         node = NULL;
              ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4547:17: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     if (node == NULL) {
                 ^
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp: In member function 'bool android::ACodec::LoadedState::onConfigureComponent(const android::sp<android::AMessage>&)':
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:4693:5: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     CHECK(mCodec->mNode != NULL);
     ^
make: *** [/home/android/lol/out/target/product/tate/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_intermediates/ACodec.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Note: frameworks/base/cmds/am/src/com/android/commands/am/Am.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

#### make failed to build some targets (04:22 (mm:ss)) ####
to fix this error: download this ACodec.cpp and replace it with the one thats in frameworks/av/media/libstagefright

ERROR #3

Code:
bcmdhd-wifi/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/driver_cmd_nl80211.c:65: error: undefined reference to 'os_strncpy'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
to fix this error: download this driver_cmd_nl80211.c and replace it with the one thats in device/amazon/bowser-common/bcmdhd-wifi/wpa_supplicant_8_lib

NOTE: I got it to compile completely but just so your aware this is in no way good enough to flash as of yet!! Some things still need to be worked out before you can flash away!! YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!

Lollipop Compiled files
WARNINGHEREWARNING

Any Questions, Solutions, or Ideas post them here...
Last edited by BuQQzz; Yesterday at 07:12 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,312

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you already get past the camera and HardwareComposer issues?
17th November 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

Did you already get past the camera and HardwareComposer issues?

Yea I got past it using that default.xml. it compiled 95% but got stuck with the error in the op.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th November 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuQQzz

Yea I got past it using that default.xml. it compiled 95% but got stuck with the error in the op.

Have you tried compiling CM12 yet? A lot of issues I was having with AOSP weren't there in CM.
17th November 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
I only had the CM12 sources downloaded, never got to compile it because my external hard drive gave out on me so I lost everything including the changes I made when compiling aosp! I'm waiting on a new hard drive to come in and then try again

17th November 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you setup the device tree for CM12?

17th November 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did you setup the device tree for CM12?

I did, but it never compiled all the way. I forget which error it's stuck on now...
19th November 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cleaned and updated op with latest repo, errors and temp fixes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nantwich
Thanks Meter: 813

913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Cleaned and updated op with latest repo, errors and temp fixes!

Glad you fixed the error! Will it compile all the way now? Im syncing the sources now
The Following User Says Thank You to faZevoLv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faZevoLv

Glad you fixed the error! Will it compile all the way now? Im syncing the sources now

It threw out another error with ACodec.cpp but what I did was delete some folders 1.kernel 2.build 3.out 4.vendor 5.device ... Repo sync, and it's been compiling good so far, I'd say about 2 hours in!

The Following User Says Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread