Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,308 Members 49,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore2Stock - 'Restore your Kindle like it never happened'

Tip us?

zute333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Smile Restore2Stock - 'Restore your Kindle like it never happened'

Hello everypeople

Long story short I was rooting my kindle and then I dumbed; I wiped without booting and had a faulty download, so was stuck without an OS. I looked around all the options on here and elsewhere. Not relishing the thought of having to either pay for and wait for a fastboot cable and really wanting to get the kindle sorted (comics and such to read), I persevered and eventually stumbled along this site: http://n2aos.com/#install

At the bottom of the install page is a program to restore kindles to stock from a brick or bootloop or only having recovery etc. There are forums that will explain how to use it but its pretty straight-forward and self-explanatory. As long as you can boot into TWRP you're set and the program will do the rest for you.

I couldn't find anything on this in the threads (sorry if I missed it) so thought would put this up here for anyone who's stuck and would like a quick, easy way out so you can restart you're rooting. Saved me a lot of potential time and money and seems a much easier alternative to the other restore to stock options about.

Have a nice day guys, hope this helps someone
The Following User Says Thank You to zute333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AwesomeSMS
Old
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Fastboot cable is cheaper than some guys who basically took someones hard,open source work and made it paid for.

SafinWasi
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by zute333 View Post
Hello everypeople

Long story short I was rooting my kindle and then I dumbed; I wiped without booting and had a faulty download, so was stuck without an OS. I looked around all the options on here and elsewhere. Not relishing the thought of having to either pay for and wait for a fastboot cable and really wanting to get the kindle sorted (comics and such to read), I persevered and eventually stumbled along this site: http://n2aos.com/#install

At the bottom of the install page is a program to restore kindles to stock from a brick or bootloop or only having recovery etc. There are forums that will explain how to use it but its pretty straight-forward and self-explanatory. As long as you can boot into TWRP you're set and the program will do the rest for you.

I couldn't find anything on this in the threads (sorry if I missed it) so thought would put this up here for anyone who's stuck and would like a quick, easy way out so you can restart you're rooting. Saved me a lot of potential time and money and seems a much easier alternative to the other restore to stock options about.

Have a nice day guys, hope this helps someone
No point in using this when you can get a fastboot cable. And if it's looping,even the software won't help you.
PHP Code:
//This is in C++,not PHP
#include<iostream>
#include<string>
#include<xda>

using namespace std;

int main()
{

string name="SafinWasi"

string status="Senior Member";
    if(
I helped you){

cout<<"Please hit the Thanks Button!\n";
    }
    return 
0;
}
void Devices()
{

string Device="Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7";

string ROM="CyanogenMod 11 Nightly";

string Kernel_Version="3.0.72+(made_by_me)";

string Recovery="TWRP 2.7.0.0";

zute333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Mine was just stuck without an OS and was perfect for that. Also software's free and don't have to pay and then wait for cable to arrive