Restore2Stock - 'Restore your Kindle like it never happened'

Search This thread

zute333

Dec 28, 2012
Canterbury
HTC Desire
YotaPhone
Hello everypeople

Long story short I was rooting my kindle and then I dumbed; I wiped without booting and had a faulty download, so was stuck without an OS. I looked around all the options on here and elsewhere. Not relishing the thought of having to either pay for and wait for a fastboot cable and really wanting to get the kindle sorted (comics and such to read), I persevered and eventually stumbled along this site: http://n2aos.com/#install

At the bottom of the install page is a program to restore kindles to stock from a brick or bootloop or only having recovery etc. There are forums that will explain how to use it but its pretty straight-forward and self-explanatory. As long as you can boot into TWRP you're set and the program will do the rest for you.

I couldn't find anything on this in the threads (sorry if I missed it) so thought would put this up here for anyone who's stuck and would like a quick, easy way out so you can restart you're rooting. Saved me a lot of potential time and money and seems a much easier alternative to the other restore to stock options about.

Have a nice day guys, hope this helps someone :)

Reactions: StormyNight

Rektroid

Oct 12, 2013
London
Fastboot cable is cheaper than some guys who basically took someones hard,open source work and made it paid for.

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
Hello everypeople

Long story short I was rooting my kindle and then I dumbed; I wiped without booting and had a faulty download, so was stuck without an OS. I looked around all the options on here and elsewhere. Not relishing the thought of having to either pay for and wait for a fastboot cable and really wanting to get the kindle sorted (comics and such to read), I persevered and eventually stumbled along this site: http://n2aos.com/#install

At the bottom of the install page is a program to restore kindles to stock from a brick or bootloop or only having recovery etc. There are forums that will explain how to use it but its pretty straight-forward and self-explanatory. As long as you can boot into TWRP you're set and the program will do the rest for you.

I couldn't find anything on this in the threads (sorry if I missed it) so thought would put this up here for anyone who's stuck and would like a quick, easy way out so you can restart you're rooting. Saved me a lot of potential time and money and seems a much easier alternative to the other restore to stock options about.

No point in using this when you can get a fastboot cable. And if it's looping,even the software won't help you.

DANNYtheDUDE

Jan 22, 2017
when I plug in the kindle in to the computer and get the restore2stock running it says that the installation part which runs through "wizard installation" failed. I think that is the only thing holding me up, I have a Gen 1 kindle. Any help??

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Huh. This is exactly what I'm looking for. I have a kf2 that's collecting dust with i think KitKat on it and I really just want to flash it back to the original Amazon software because I remember it performed really well for reading books and comics and watching prime video, but kinda sucks at all of that with CM installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everypeople