Yes i saw that but it have no effect. I'm focusing on the .dt part because I found a few things :
- The DT images can correctly be extracted with a tool named "mkboot".
- When using the DT image from kk kernel, the bootloader complains about DT not found (fastboot boot boot.img)
- Opened both DT image in hex editor, noticed some differences in the headers. I switched kk DT headers by jb DT headers, the bootloader don't complain
anymore so I guess it can now found it. But the kernel will just hang immediately.
- The DT syntax seems to have changed (arch/arm/boot/dts/thor.dtsi), this may be the problem for our old bootloader ?!
- Now I'd like to use compiled dt from kk kernel, but has you may have noticed the DT compilation fail about "fb_mem" not declared. I think I need to fix this, then maybe use old jb tools ( $KERNEL_OUT/scripts/dtc/dtc -p 2048 -O dtb -o thor-v1.dtb arch/arm/boot/dts/thor-v1.dts) to compile them, unlike kk kernel which now compile them with the kernel.
From what iv read dt, kernels and bootloaders are linked together, so there is also maybe some changes to be done in the dt sources. But this start to be out of my knowledge.
I asked to hashcode for that but I guess he is very busy.