FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HDX Toolkit × revived × GUI

602 posts
Thanks Meter: 266

By EncryptedCurse, Senior Member on 28th December 2014, 11:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As Faznx92 has abandoned development of his great toolkit that many of us see as an essential to
these devices, I have decided to pick up where he left. I'm continuing the project and, as such, have
recreated it in VB.NET with a proper interface.

Features
  • supports x.3.1.0-x.3.2.7
  • root your device; features both jcase and towelroot exploits
  • disable/enable OTA updates
  • disable/enable lockscreen ads (special offers)
  • installers for Safestrap, SuperSU, HDXPosed, and Play Store

To-do
  • code cleanup
  • design success forms
  • implement TWRP installer

Credits
XDA:DevDB Information
HDX Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
EncryptedCurse

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.2.1

Created 2014-12-29
Last Updated 2015-01-03
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to EncryptedCurse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EncryptedCurse Ad-Free

28th December 2014, 11:01 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
3rd January 2015, 08:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
You can now find the source code in its current state on GitHub:
https://github.com/EncryptedCurse/hdxToolkit

I still need to finish up some things design-wise before I do an actual release.
Feel free to clone the repo and play around with it. Any suggestions on optimization, bug reports and the like are much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to EncryptedCurse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EncryptedCurse Ad-Free
23rd January 2015, 11:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i haven't been around much in a long time and have been silently lurking the forum. while i don't know how hard it is, a suggestion may be some kind of rollback utility for firmware.

personally, i'm sporting 3.2.4 on my apollo and there is a lot of conflicting information i am finding as to if / how i can roll mine back to .3.1.0 for twrp
24th January 2015, 03:16 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknub

i haven't been around much in a long time and have been silently lurking the forum. while i don't know how hard it is, a suggestion may be some kind of rollback utility for firmware.

personally, i'm sporting 3.2.4 on my apollo and there is a lot of conflicting information i am finding as to if / how i can roll mine back to .3.1.0 for twrp

not really. There are complete threads discussing your exact situation. And is fairly easy to reproduce. I would advise reading the whole thread involving your modifications. The OP is not always updated with every tidbit of helpful information.
while you're above suggestion. Would be nice to be integrated into another utility. There are fairly easy steps to accomplish what you need to.that have already been thoroughly developed by another developer and he would have to get permission from him also add that.
and keep in mind Apollo is slightly behind in development as far as compared to the Thor.
24th January 2015, 05:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
while i understand that there are whole threads, what i am pointing out, and you said as well is that there is not a definitive process / guide.
anyway, the OP was asking for suggestions which is exactly what i gave.
The Following User Says Thank You to theknub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theknub Ad-Free
27th January 2015, 03:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
"not really. There are complete threads discussing your exact situation. And is fairly easy to reproduce. I would advise reading the whole thread involving your modifications. The OP is not always updated with every tidbit of helpful information.
while you're above suggestion. Would be nice to be integrated into another utility. There are fairly easy steps to accomplish what you need to.that have already been thoroughly developed by another developer and he would have to get permission from him also add that.
and keep in mind Apollo is slightly behind in development...blah blah blah"

Ive been all around these forums for years. Never seen a more conflicting and jumbled shamble of tutorial wannabes or confusing information in my life. Most of the bricks dont come from seriously stupid people, they come from a lack of competent, cohesive, coherent information.
Last edited by conan1600; 27th January 2015 at 08:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to conan1600 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift conan1600 Ad-Free
28th January 2015, 04:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan1600

Ive been all around these forums for years. Never seen a more conflicting and jumbled shamble of tutorial wannabes or confusing information in my life. Most of the bricks dont come from seriously stupid people, they come from a lack of competent, cohesive, coherent information.

I cannot completely disagree with you on this. The issue we have is that there are several different routes to currently take with these tablets all depending on what version of firmware you are on, and if you follow one set of directions while on the wrong firmware, its potentially the end for your tablet. Double this confusion with 2 tablets with the "same" yet different sets of firmware. You're right that we are lacking a fully comprehensive guide for people just coming here new. Some bricks have been caused by carelessness, but there is so much confusion with where to begin with some people. Those of us that have had these tablets for awhile may be use to it, but I do feel for the ones new to all of this and the twenty different directions they may have to take based off a single question, "what firmware are you on?".
The Following User Says Thank You to icedtrip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icedtrip Ad-Free
29th January 2015, 07:34 PM |#9  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Am I missing something? I don't see a download link, only contributor links.
31st January 2015, 03:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBindy

Am I missing something? I don't see a download link, only contributor links.

Re post 3. Basically says OP is working on it and will release it when it's done.
24th February 2015, 05:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncryptedCurse

As Faznx92 has abandoned development of his great toolkit that many of us see as an essential to
these devices, I have decided to pick up where he left. I'm continuing the project and, as such, have
recreated it in VB.NET with a proper interface.

Got the solution from GitHub and started building it. Anything I can do to help? I'm basic to intermediate with OOP languages. I was thinking of attempting to convert the project to C#. If anything, I can help make builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to camerajunkie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift camerajunkie Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)