Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

whats happened with development?!

Tip us?

stapler85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default whats happened with development?!

i think me, like many others, are checking these forums frequently to see if any updates or news to the roms for HDX, especially since the last waves of rooting happening all the way to newest OTA update, however the heat has seemingly died off with the hopes of updates, and that glimmer of hope with bootloader unlock that we all waiting for. I understand as long as this doesn't happen we are still limited to the Amazon kernel.

im not a developer but a savvy user like many others so im in no position to measure the difficulty of creating updates for the device, however with the floodgate opened before i was really hoping for lots of new roms and updates to existing, coupled with powerful hardware at cheap prices, and what seems to be wide audience, but didnt seem to be the case.

does anyone think there's any hope left for this device? should we just jump on to Tegra K1 bandwagon soon?
The Following User Says Thank You to stapler85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

holeshot77
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Last I saw the had unlocked the boot loader but was working more kinks and gonna charge for it. That was like 3xweeks or more ago. Who knows.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 & KF 8.9" 64GB

Previous:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB - Sold Craigslist
LG Spectrum 2 - Sold Craigslist
T-Mobile Galaxy S II - Sold Craigslist - T-Mobile Sucks...
ATT Galaxy Note - Sold eBay
HTC One X (Traded to WVFAN1)
HTC Vivid (Sold to karan231090)
Moto Atrix 2 (Son)
HTC Inspire (Sold)
Samsung Infuse (traded)
Samsung Captivate (Traded)
HTC Evo (Sold)
BlackBerry Torch 9800 (Traded)
More...More...More.. So many more...

failed1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by holeshot77 View Post
Last I saw the had unlocked the boot loader but was working more kinks and gonna charge for it. That was like 3xweeks or more ago. Who knows.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, that's what I last saw too. I think they're charging because they don't want Amazon to find out or something.

S_transform
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
Yeah, that's what I last saw too. I think they're charging because they don't want Amazon to find out or something.
Yeah, not only does it delay Amazon's ability to patch the hole, but it also helps the developers of the exploit earn the money they deserve. I'm just currently concerned after that argument in the fire phone thread they may not be releasing the exploit due to legal reasons, which is bothersome.

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I don't know but it really sucks and I also know this thread is not development related. As far as being in the development section I mean.
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gutts10
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
im sorry but thats a sorry excuse. theyre gonna charge $25 so that a multi billion dollar company cant find out? if it slows them down itll slow them down for a couple of hours and thats it.

lets be realist... theyre charging so that they can profit. theres nothing wrong with that and i dont have a problem with it but its a lil insulting if they expect us to believe that

rootnik
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I check every couple of weeks or so, but honestly just running the xpose framework module makes me happy. The only thing I was missing was the play store, and it allows me to have that. The Fire user interface has actually grown on me.