Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New Kindle FIre HDX7 with 3.2.6 rooted, safestrap it etc - how to get default back

OP sotizzle

1st December 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi!

I recently bought a Kindle FIre HDX7. at first 3.1.0 was isntalled on it.. but while downloading and installing file explorer the kindle updater automatically downloaded the 3.2.6 update.... at first i thought great - now no root possible; but it still was possible

so then i rooted the device, installed SU, xposed and safestrap and flashed the Google Apps ROM.

I used this tutorial (but made a safestrap backup after xposed).

youtube com/watch?v=ZcD5mjZK0gU

How do i get back my Kindle Fire to the Stock Rom? or lets call it better this way: how can i make a complete reset of the device so that its in the same state like delivered. is a simple factory reset in the settings enough?

thx in advance.
1st December 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotizzle

Hi!

I recently bought a Kindle FIre HDX7. at first 3.1.0 was isntalled on it.. but while downloading and installing file explorer the kindle updater automatically downloaded the 3.2.6 update.... at first i thought great - now no root possible; but it still was possible

so then i rooted the device, installed SU, xposed and safestrap and flashed the Google Apps ROM.

I used this tutorial (but made a safestrap backup after xposed).

youtube com/watch?v=ZcD5mjZK0gU

How do i get back my Kindle Fire to the Stock Rom? or lets call it better this way: how can i make a complete reset of the device so that its in the same state like delivered. is a simple factory reset in the settings enough?

thx in advance.

open safestrap -> uninstall recovery -> reboot -> factory reset
1st December 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
but isnt my backup of the system combined with a root? because i made the backup after the root....

so thats all i need to do?

how about this description i just found:

youtube com/watch?v=HYwn9xWpDNw

I dont need any swiping, clean stock ROM etc?!
1st December 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #4  

60 posts
More
Quote:

but isnt my backup of the system combined with a root? because i made the backup after the root....

so thats all i need to do?

how about this description i just found:

youtube com/watch?v=HYwn9xWpDNw

I dont need any swiping, clean stock ROM etc?!

if you found that tutorial use it
1st December 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
because the tutorial has not the same situation as my device.

what would be the correct sequence to restore the stock rom and make a factory reset without root and all the installed apps etc - and will i get 3.1.0 back?
2nd December 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taette

open safestrap -> uninstall recovery -> reboot -> factory reset

Do i just have to uninstall the recovery? or also the safestrap app itself?

and how about the costum rom? do i have to uninstall it somehow or delete it?
2nd December 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #7  

60 posts
More
Quote:

Do i just have to uninstall the recovery? or also the safestrap app itself?

and how about the costum rom? do i have to uninstall it somehow or delete it?

My girlfriend got her fresh kindle today. she wants to test the rooted/safestrapped/xposed amazon 13.3.2.4 but she doesn't like it. She hasn't flashed a custom rom to one of the TWRP rom slots. So i would say you have to delete the rom slots ( not the stock one) and double check in fireOS if your device space becomes the normal size. If this worked I would uninstall the recovery with the button in safestrap. And re-enable the OTA update with KFHDX-ToolKit.
Then restart your Kindle and then check for updates. Install them all and after you installed them. Make a factory reset. Then its the pure amazon fireOS with the newest version BUT BUT (!!!!) you can't use root / safestrap / google playstore anymore - keep that in mind.

Wish you the best
2nd December 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taette

My girlfriend got her fresh kindle today. she wants to test the rooted/safestrapped/xposed amazon 13.3.2.4 but she doesn't like it. She hasn't flashed a custom rom to one of the TWRP rom slots. So i would say you have to delete the rom slots ( not the stock one) and double check in fireOS if your device space becomes the normal size. If this worked I would uninstall the recovery with the button in safestrap. And re-enable the OTA update with KFHDX-ToolKit.
Then restart your Kindle and then check for updates. Install them all and after you installed them. Make a factory reset. Then its the pure amazon fireOS with the newest version BUT BUT (!!!!) you can't use root / safestrap / google playstore anymore - keep that in mind.

Wish you the best

I also didnt use a costum ROM slot - but i have a backup from my system. or i can also download the stock rom or? but how do i install the backup? just hit install in the safestrap option (boot up) and install it on the stock rom slot? and then uninstall the recovery?

or do i just have to hit factory reset when i didnt use a costum rom slot? but re-enable OTA and install update is not an option...
2nd December 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #9  

60 posts
More
Okay if i get it right now. You want a stock 13.3.2.4 fireOS without root and so on? And you are currently on 13.3.2.6 with all stuff. Right?
2nd December 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
correct - because apparently im not able to use the HDX Nexus ROM with 3.2.5 or 3.2.6 (even though there are several youtube vids that show it works perfectly with 3.2.5?!)

but the main reason is that i want the stock ROM slot clean with the stock fire OS and use a costum ROM slot for the HDX Nexus Rom.

so basically a clean setup because now the gapps i flashed/installed on the stock ROM slot
i know i will have to reroot / install everything etc - but thats no problem. all i want is a factory reseted fresh kindle fire HDX with my current situation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread