Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The unbrick image for HDX 7"

OP boom1212go

25th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
Hey everybody,i have pulled out the image from HDX 7"(base on system version--13.3.2.5_user_325001120),it includes the "boot,recovery and system",i hope that it's useful for those who bricked their HDX 7".

if you need other image like “aboot,dkernel,modem,modemst” and so on,you can leave a message to me,although i think it not useful,it's enough for you having "boot,recovery and system".

By the way,i wanna know how to let the HDX 7" get into the fastboot mode?except of using the command--"adb reboot bootloader" ,it's useful when the HDX 7" in normal use,but in fact,if HDX 7" can't boot into the normal mode,you can't do anything about typing command,because computer can't recognise it as adb devices!

click the link to download the images! http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd7VPib
Last edited by boom1212go; 25th August 2014 at 08:13 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boom1212go For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag rome, italy
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
Hey, thanks

It would be really nice if somebody came up with a solution to flash the firmware in fastboot mode (even in linux where u dont need any drivers).

I believe that would solve many bricked devices out there.
25th August 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom1212go

Hey everybody,i have pulled out the image from HDX 7"(base on system version--13.3.2.5_user_325001120),it includes the "boot,recovery and system",i hope that it's useful for those who bricked their HDX 7".

if you need other image like “aboot,dkernel,modem,modemst” and so on,you can leave a message to me,although i think it not useful,it's enough for you having "boot,recovery and system".

By the way,i wanna know how to let the HDX 7" get into the fastboot mode?except of using the command--"adb reboot bootloader" ,it's useful when the HDX 7" in normal use,but in fact,if HDX 7" can't boot into the normal mode,you can't do anything about typing command,because computer can't recognise it as adb devices!

click the link to download the images! http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd7VPib

the question is how to unbrick the kindle if adb doesn't work ??
if using QPST , we need the xml files and how go to download mode
using pc only recognise QHSUSB_BULK, if install Qualcomm driver only detect as 9008, so need to change 9008 to 9006
so how to resolve this problem?? anyone can give some tutorial please.

thank you.
25th August 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag rome, italy
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
Check out this post, page 2 maybe has a solution for you. Good Luck!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2795602
5th September 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #5  

32 posts
Hi friend,
I have a kindle hdx with fire os 13.3.2.5
I already rooted and installed safe trap
I already back up rom stock and flash your rom thor gapps 13.3.2.4 on rom slot
But when it go to first screen, it stop and reboot. And bootlop but can access safe trap.
I restore back up but similar can't boot.
I think i must flash rom stock 13.3.2.5 but i don't have zip file. Can you extract it ? please help. Thank. I hope your reply.
6th September 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
Thumbs up I know how to get into fastboot!!!
you just need to get a fastboot cable (the 2nd and 5th pins (or 1st and 4th?) are jumped. If you look up fastboot cable or factory cable you should be able to find it. I personally "made" one by taking a small piece of wire and sticking it under the proper pins in a semi-broken usb cable(wouldn't stay into device). I've had to use it many many times on my kindle fire hd 7"
7th September 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #7  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebQ42

you just need to get a fastboot cable (the 2nd and 5th pins (or 1st and 4th?) are jumped. If you look up fastboot cable or factory cable you should be able to find it. I personally "made" one by taking a small piece of wire and sticking it under the proper pins in a semi-broken usb cable(wouldn't stay into device). I've had to use it many many times on my kindle fire hd 7"

No, a fastboot cable doesn't do anything on the hdx
7th September 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #8  

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailol

No, a fastboot cable doesn't do anything on the hdx

I've found it works if you first connect it to the device then connect it to the computer. Of course the device I'm working with for some reason has software version 11.3.2.5
7th September 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 131

415 posts
umm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebQ42

I've found it works if you first connect it to the device then connect it to the computer. Of course the device I'm working with for some reason has software version 11.3.2.5

Again again this is the HDX forum completely different from the HD different processor and everything .. If you plug a fast cable into the HDX it puts it in QUPST mode and takes a few minutes of messing with it to get it out of it so far we cannot use that either..so far.
7th September 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #10  

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

Again again this is the HDX forum completely different from the HD different processor and everything .. If you plug a fast cable into the HDX it puts it in QUPST mode and takes a few minutes of messing with it to get it out of it so far we cannot use that either..so far.

Sorry about that, I didn't know there was a 3rd generation kindle fire hd that looked exactly like the hdx. Been trying to root this thing for hours before I found that out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread