Bootloader Unlocking

Search This thread

HybridLion

Apr 6, 2015
Hello,

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of my kindle fire Apollo, i'm using this tutorial Link., i'm getting most of it, but this i just dont understand:
download the attachment on the following post: http://xdaforums.com/show...2&postcount=46
Then place the file inside the attachement to C:\Python27 should be C:\Python\cuberHDX.py

I've just put the cuberHDX file in my python27 directory, and tried following everything else. I think most of it worked, i've gotten a .unlock file, but when i try to flash it to my device it just says <waiting for device>.

I hope you guys can help me out here...:angel:

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
Hello,

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of my kindle fire Apollo, i'm using this tutorial Link., i'm getting most of it, but this i just dont understand:

I've just put the cuberHDX file in my python27 directory, and tried following everything else. I think most of it worked, i've gotten a .unlock file, but when i try to flash it to my device it just says <waiting for device>.

I hope you guys can help me out here...:angel:
Try these drivers. Might require reboot and/or dis- and re-connection of the HDX. Worked for me right away though.

HybridLion

Apr 6, 2015
Try these drivers. Might require reboot and/or dis- and re-connection of the HDX. Worked for me right away though.
THANK YOU!
This is a giant leap forward, now my device actually shows up in fastboot. But when i try to flash the .unlock file it says:
c30520a6dce7c00863bd7e39e302aaeb.png

any idea's?

btw my kindle says: "getvar:partition-type:unlock...Ok."

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
You must change dir (cd) to your ADB Directory, enter cd\adb and then the fastboot command.
Alternatively you can try to add the path of your ADB Directory to the .unlock file, e.g. c:\adb\0x155.....unlock.

Last edited:

HybridLion

Apr 6, 2015
You must change dir (cd) to your ADB Directory, enter cd\adb and then the fastboot command.
Alternatively you can try to add the path of your ADB Directory to the .unlock file, e.g. c:\adb\0x155.....unlock.

You Sir are amazing!:D

Now i'm going to have to install some sort of recovery... i was thinking of using this one: http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx/development/recovery-twrp-recovery-2-8-1-0-apollo-t2991155, are there any alternatives or better options?

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
You Sir are amazing!:D

Now i'm going to have to install some sort of recovery... i was thinking of using this one: http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx/development/recovery-twrp-recovery-2-8-1-0-apollo-t2991155, are there any alternatives or better options?
You can only install a recovery that has been customized for your device type (HDX Apollo or Thor). Any other will either leave you with a non-functioning recovery (best case) or a useless brick (more likely). Word to the wise: don't deviate from the script when messing with an HDX. Hard to tame and nearly impossible to recover. Standard bag of 'android' recovery tricks (eg: factory cables, fastboot, etc) won't work with this device.