CyanogenMod 13 nightly - 4G LTE doesn't work (thor)

Search This thread
Jun 16, 2014
I installed CM13 via TWRP onto my KFHDX 7" (thor). However, 4G LTE isn't working. It isn't detecting my SIM Card.

(the zip I flashed is cm-13.0-20161001-NIGHTLY-thor.zip )

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I installed CM13 via TWRP onto my KFHDX 7" (thor). However, 4G LTE isn't working. It isn't detecting my SIM Card.

(the zip I flashed is cm-13.0-20161001-NIGHTLY-thor.zip )
Known issue - shown as 'not working' in CM 13 OP (here). CM11 and FireOS are the only two roms that fully support LTE on this device.

After successfully unlocking the bootloader on my Fire HDX 8.9 Apollo I flashed the newest nightly build of CM13 (cm-13.0-20161006-NIGHTLY-apollo) and tested it. Everything was ok (I was able to set up the system with wifi etc.) , then I continued with flashing Gapps and SU and after the reboot I was stucked at the CM boot screen. Switched Kindle off - only boot screen again. Tried everything again (factory reset, flashing CM-Build&Gapps&SU, this time without a test and still stucked with the boot screen logo. TWRP is working fine.
Any suggestions? Thanx!

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
After successfully unlocking the bootloader on my Fire HDX 8.9 Apollo I flashed the newest nightly build of CM13 (cm-13.0-20161006-NIGHTLY-apollo) and tested it. Everything was ok (I was able to set up the system with wifi etc.) , then I continued with flashing Gapps and SU and after the reboot I was stucked at the CM boot screen. Switched Kindle off - only boot screen again. Tried everything again (factory reset, flashing CM-Build&Gapps&SU, this time without a test and still stucked with the boot screen logo. TWRP is working fine.
Any suggestions? Thanx!
TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced -> System/Data/Cache/Dalvik. Then reflash everything in one operation before rebooting.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Thank you! I think I found a source of my problem: I flashed an (outdated) version of SU (2.46). Which version is recommended (or just try the latest?)
You don't need SuperSU with CM13. Just use the native root manager found under developer options. Some have reported WiFi issues with recent SuperSU builds. That said, if you opt to keep it the latest stable build is your best bet.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Ok, I think I am one of this persons with Wifi problems after installing the latest SU. What is the best way to remove SU?
SuperSU (not SU...) has its own uninstaller under settings (within app); works well. If you want 100% assurance wipe system/data in twrp and reflash rom+gaaps.