Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HDX 7 Advice and a little help needed...

OP kico42

2nd August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hi all,

Have a new Kindle HDX 7 13.3.1.0 and have rooted with KFHDX ToolKit v0.94 and installed SU and blocked the OTA updates. Also have installed ES3 file manager and Titanium Backup Pro. I have not installed Safestrap (yet) as I need to read more before that happens, if it ever does.

So, here's my issue---when I select setting/device/storage, the storage screen only appears for about 1/2 second and then reverts to the previous device screen. I know this was working before, so it's something I did inadvertently, or maybe a file corruption? All else on the tablet works fine and I have Google Play installed thanks to the forum here.

I'm thinking a factory reset will cure this, but not sure. Before I do a reset (a last resort) I thought I should seek the advice from the experts here just in case a file replacement or something else could be tried.

Thanks in advance--this is a great forum!
Last edited by kico42; 2nd August 2014 at 05:15 PM.
8th August 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 131

415 posts
Wink touchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kico42

Hi all,

Have a new Kindle HDX 7 13.3.1.0 and have rooted with KFHDX ToolKit v0.94 and installed SU and blocked the OTA updates. Also have installed ES3 file manager and Titanium Backup Pro. I have not installed Safestrap (yet) as I need to read more before that happens, if it ever does.

So, here's my issue---when I select setting/device/storage, the storage screen only appears for about 1/2 second and then reverts to the previous device screen. I know this was working before, so it's something I did inadvertently, or maybe a file corruption? All else on the tablet works fine and I have Google Play installed thanks to the forum here.

I'm thinking a factory reset will cure this, but not sure. Before I do a reset (a last resort) I thought I should seek the advice from the experts here just in case a file replacement or something else could be tried.

Thanks in advance--this is a great forum!

This device is very fickle with behaviour after reset. I advise if you need to do a factory reset then to undo your OTA block from the toolkit uninstall the and Xposed framework ,and make sure supersu is installed into system via supersu apps settings. And the binary has been updated if needed
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

This device is very fickle with behaviour after reset. I advise if you need to do a factory reset then to undo your OTA block from the toolkit uninstall the and Xposed framework ,and make sure supersu is installed into system via supersu apps settings. And the binary has been updated if needed

jimyv,

Thanks for the reply...I will heed your advice if I decide to do a reset. Not sure what you mean "very fickle with behavior after reset". Do you mean a reset does not always work with the HDX?

Pretty new at this and am trying to read and understand as much as I can so I don't make any stupid moves.
Last edited by kico42; 9th August 2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: sp
9th August 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 131

415 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kico42

jimyv,

Thanks for the reply...I will heed your advice if I decide to do a reset. Not sure what you mean "very fickle with behavior after reset". Do you mean a reset does not always work with the HDX?

Pretty new at this and am trying to read and understand as much as I can so I don't make any stupid moves.

I just mean make sure you undo your modifications before you do a reset otherwise to reset may screw you all up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread