My KF HDX 7 is hard bricked ? How to fix !

Search This thread

hyenguyen

Mar 17, 2011
please help me this !

my Kindle Fire HDX 7", maybe hard bricked after factory reset (wipe all) ?
now, it just show "Kindle Fire" and stop here forever ! yesterday, i still turn on and turn off normally !
But today, after I tried to Factory Cable method, it's quite ! "waiting for device" show so long ! then, I turn off by hold power, and all will be : no signal when i plug in charger ! no turn on by press power button ! no connect to PC, no ADB, in Devices manager on PC, only show "QHSUSB_BULK" ???
I have read a thread on this sites, by long press power button in about 2-3 minutes, and my KF turned on and show "kindle fire" as before !
and whenever i turn off by hold power, my KF will be quite ! and PC only show "QHSUSB_BULK", to turn on, I must long press power in 2-3 minutes as... again and again !
if my KF stuck on "kindle fire", when usb cable is plugged, PC will show "Portable devices - MTP USB Device" in Device manager !?
I tried installing Kindle Fire driver, ADB driver, Android SDK... no effect ! In command prompt, I type "adb devices", it show "list of devices attached" and nothing !

I'm confused and nothing I can do ?
So, Please help me !
Thanks you !

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
How exactly did you perform the factory reset? What exactly did you wipe, and what did you use to wipe? Which original OS version did you run, did you root, install any recovery tools like Safestrap or TWRP, and did you use any custom ROMs like Nexus or CM?

hyenguyen

Mar 17, 2011
How exactly did you perform the factory reset? What exactly did you wipe, and what did you use to wipe? Which original OS version did you run, did you root, install any recovery tools like Safestrap or TWRP, and did you use any custom ROMs like Nexus or CM?

I installed salestrap and CM10, then factory reset, i don't remember what's i wiped ! maybe all !
I tried pressing power and volume UP, then my KF show System Recovery, but only have 2 lines : Reset kindle and factory reset, i saw "Your Kindle doesn't seem to be able to boot", i choose factory reset again, and everything is stuck on "kindle fire" !
i wonder when i plug Factory Cable and try any methods, then It's get black screen and show QHSUSB_Bulk in device manager ! I reallize that it will be drain battery if i do Factory Cable methods ! that's reason make my kindle get black screen => no battery remain ! I try charge it about 30 minutes, and i can turn on normally !

i don't know why, my Factory Cable is wrong ?? i tried with 2nd cable ! I linked RED Jumper to EMPTY jumper (1 - 4, and some can different, but still with RED and EMPTY)

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
I installed salestrap and CM10, then factory reset, i don't remember what's i wiped ! maybe all !
I tried pressing power and volume UP, then my KF show System Recovery, but only have 2 lines : Reset kindle and factory reset, i saw "Your Kindle doesn't seem to be able to boot", i choose factory reset again, and everything is stuck on "kindle fire" !
i wonder when i plug Factory Cable and try any methods, then It's get black screen and show QHSUSB_Bulk in device manager ! I reallize that it will be drain battery if i do Factory Cable methods ! that's reason make my kindle get black screen => no battery remain ! I try charge it about 30 minutes, and i can turn on normally !

i don't know why, my Factory Cable is wrong ?? i tried with 2nd cable ! I linked RED Jumper to EMPTY jumper (1 - 4, and some can different, but still with RED and EMPTY)
Do I get this right, you were on 4.5.2, rooted, installed Safestrap v4. Then you probably installed CM11 (there's no CM10 for HDX, right?) into the stock slot, i.e. FireOS is gone?
Then you did a factory reset from Safestrap v4 (this would mean you had some protection to not wipe system)?
But then you entered Amazon recovery by pressing the Power & Vol + Buttons, but without something in the stock slot that probably failed, and probably killed Safestrap, too? So you don't get the Safestrap screen after power on/reset anymore?
If that's the way it is, it seems pretty bricked to me. Dunno if this could be rescued anymore.

hyenguyen

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for
I just remember after i wiped 3 times, every has gone ! I installed a salestrap but don't know version, and CM, because i got them from my friend's PC, and he has a other KF that running well !
Now, my KF only : Stuck on "kindle fire" or "system recovery", nothing else ! No adb, no fastboot !
Poor me !

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
"Factory Cables" do not work with with HDX devices. This recovery technique can not be used.

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks for
I just remember after i wiped 3 times, every has gone ! I installed a salestrap but don't know version, and CM, because i got them from my friend's PC, and he has a other KF that running well !
Now, my KF only : Stuck on "kindle fire" or "system recovery", nothing else ! No adb, no fastboot !
Poor me !
With HDX you must know what version you're on, because what you can do depends on that. You must pay attention to the compatibility notes in the threads of recovery tools (e.g. Safestrap or TWRP), and the ROMs you install. Otherwise failure is what you will get.

hyenguyen

Mar 17, 2011
my mistaken !
i guess it's dead !
I can not do something else ! I found everything that concerned with on google, but nothing can help me for this situation !
thanks so much everyone !
:crying: