Safestrap, can I restore a a romantic slot backup in the stock slot?

Search This thread

lysergic

Aug 27, 2008
Guys,

I have a 3rd Gen hdx8.9 working happily with safestrap off a rom slot.

The 4gb data partition constraint is super annoying. Could I just back up the rom slot and restore it on the stock slot?

Never use stock anyway.

But would it work? If it fails can I just restore a stock rom backup over it?

Thx!

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Guys,

I have a 3rd Gen hdx8.9 working happily with safestrap off a rom slot.

The 4gb data partition constraint is super annoying. Could I just back up the rom slot and restore it on the stock slot?

Never use stock anyway.

But would it work? If it fails can I just restore a stock rom backup over it?

Thx!

No - Instant brick. You must flash a clean image to the stock slot. Only exception is if the original backup was taken from the stock slot.

You can backup/restore individual apps and data using a tool like Titanium. Google also provides this capability for their own apps; look for a toggle in settings.

You will be happier running (presumably cm11) from the stock slot in Safestrap v4. With v4 only 2 of 4 cpu cores operate in secondary slots and do not throttle with load - always at 100%. Battery life and performance are both negatively impacted. Suck would be a better descriptor...

lysergic

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks! Looks like I dodged a bullet. I'm happy with fire os rooted with gapps.

I see there are a few of those roms around (sticky topic here in fact). I'll try to flash one of them.

Reactions: jeryll

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015

I see there are a few of those roms around (sticky topic here in fact). I'll try to flash one of them.

Actually there're only two to use with Safestrap v4 - CM11 and Nexus for Safestrap v4. Be careful and read the installation notes and requirements carefully!
Note that CM12, CM13 & SlimLP require the real TWRP (i.e. NOT Safestrap!) and an unlocked bootloader! So you can NOT use them.

Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually there're only two to use with Safestrap v4 - CM11 and Nexus for Safestrap v4. Be careful and read the installation notes and requirements carefully!
    Note that CM12, CM13 & SlimLP require the real TWRP (i.e. NOT Safestrap!) and an unlocked bootloader! So you can NOT use them.