Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I screwed up. Bad.

Tip us?

Tumbtack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkatrini View Post
Try this (if you haven't already):
1. Setup a Linux environment (Ubuntu 13.04 - is being used on the tutorial) - you can install it on a USB stick and then boot the PC from the USB without making any changes.
2. Install the Android SDK (that you can have adb and fastboot installed) - (follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302780 )
3. Boot the tablet while pressing all the HW buttons (VOL+ , VOL - , POWER Button) - I've read somewhere from @Hashcode that the original firmware has code to boot into fastboot while pressing all the buttons without the need of a "special" fastboot cable.
4. Check the fastboot commands and see if recognizes it.
Will definitely try tomorrow, only difference being I'll be in arch rather than ubuntu, though that shouldn't be a big enough difference to pose a problem. I'll keep you updated with how it goes. Thanks!

Yourteeth
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Return?

Why don't you just try to give the device back? I'm pretty certain other people have done it.

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 6th August 2014 at 01:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 120
Default I don't think

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkatrini View Post
Try this (if you haven't already):
1. Setup a Linux environment (Ubuntu 13.04 - is being used on the tutorial) - you can install it on a USB stick and then boot the PC from the USB without making any changes.
2. Install the Android SDK (that you can have adb and fastboot installed) - (follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302780 )
3. Boot the tablet while pressing all the HW buttons (VOL+ , VOL - , POWER Button) - I've read somewhere from @Hashcode that the original firmware has code to boot into fastboot while pressing all the buttons without the need of a "special" fastboot cable.
4. Check the fastboot commands and see if recognizes it.
That it really matters if you get it to recognize it or not the device will not accept through fast boot unless it is unlocked from what I understand. What good is fastboot if we don't have any fastboot files in any public way at least anyway that I know. The fastboot commands will work from what I have read but you cannot flash any bin files or any system files. Until it is unlocked and Hashcode says once unlocked everything flashes fine .
Besides he should be working with this thread it has fixed several people with the same problem http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588608 not specifically just OP but there is very in-depth discussion throughout the thread with useful information
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~