Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries TWRP/COTR/CWM[2014]

Tip us?

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1221
Default Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries TWRP/COTR/CWM[2014]

These are TWRP/COTR/CWM Recoveries for the kindle Fire 1
Unlike the Official .img files, these are installed with a current custom recovery.
These are used for upgrading or downgrading current Recovery.
These are also safer because the checksum is verified before flashing.

I did not create the recoveries or the script that installs them, just combined/edited them, and tested that they work.
Some zips were created by others and i'm just linking them here.

See Post 2 for Downloads
See Post 3 for Install Instructions

XDA:DevDB Information
Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries TWRP/COTR/CWM, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
sd_shadow

Version Information

Created 2014-07-10
Last Updated 2014-07-13
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 23rd July 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1221
Default Downloads

till I fix the links use http://goo.gl/SbwbOU or downloads tab

For kitkat/CM11 Only
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-otter.zip------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
twrp-2.7.0.1-otter.zip--------------------------------------------(mlkjuggalo)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.1-selinux-recovery.zip--------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.0-selinux-recovery.zip----------------(Hashcode)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- -
For Jellybean or ICS, Not for KitKat or Stock update.zip
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-otter.zip-------------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------
Safe for Stock/GB/ICS/JB---Not For Kitkat/CM11

zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip------------------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip-------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------DevHost - -
Safe for Stock---Not For ICS-JB-KK

zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip (sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost-------------AFH--------------Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 23rd July 2014 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1221
Default Install

Download, copy to SD Card.reboot to TWRP
Install in old TWRP>wipe cache and dalvik>reboot

If you are going to install stock update.zip
use zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip, zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip, or zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip

lifegap
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
till I fix the links use http://goo.gl/SbwbOU or downloads tab

For kitkat/CM11 Only
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-otter.zip------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
twrp-2.7.0.1-otter.zip--------------------------------------------(mlkjuggalo)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.1-selinux-recovery.zip--------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.0-selinux-recovery.zip----------------(Hashcode)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
For Jellybean or ICS, Not for KitKat or Stock update.zip
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-otter.zip-------------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------
Safe for Stock/GB/ICS/JB---Not For Kitkat/CM11
zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip------------------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip-------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------DevHost - -
Safe for Stock---Not For ICS-JB-KK
zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip (sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost-------------AFH--------------Mega
Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery. I accidently choose the update recovery in the CM updater for OtterX CM Nightly ROM and I have CWM-based recovery v.6.0.5.0 instead of TWRP 2.7.1.0. It was used for next nightly CM ROM several times before I go back to TWRP for more convenient. I post it in the Hashcode OtterX ROM thread.

sd_shadow
Old
Thanks Meter 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifegap View Post
Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery. I accidently choose the update recovery in the CM updater for OtterX CM Nightly ROM and I have CWM-based recovery v.6.0.5.0 instead of TWRP 2.7.1.0. It was used for next nightly CM ROM several times before I go back to TWRP for more convenient. I post it in the Hashcode OtterX ROM thread.
Far as I can tell there is no CWM v6.0.5.0 for the Kindle Fire 1 Otter or Otter X, Guessing you flashed one for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (jem) or Kindle Fire HD 7 (tate). Since you did not include a link, I can not test, or post link
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future