Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries/FFF TWRP/COTR/CWM[2014]

Tip us?

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Default Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries/FFF TWRP/COTR/CWM[2014]

These are TWRP/COTR/CWM Recoveries for the kindle Fire 1
Unlike the Official .img files, these are installed with a current custom recovery.
These are used for upgrading or downgrading current Recovery.
These are also safer because the checksum is verified before flashing.

I did not create the recoveries or the script that installs them, just combined/edited them, and tested that they work.
Some zips were created by others and i'm just linking them here.

See Post 2 for ZIP DownloadsFor installing in recovery
See Post 3 for Image DownloadsFor flashing in Bootloader/Fastboot
Thanks to: Hashcode, DooMLoRD (CWM), Sblood86 (COTR), Dees_Troy (TWRP)

XDA:DevDB Information
Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries TWRP/COTR/CWM, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire

Contributors
sd_shadow, Hashcode, and mlkjuggalo

Version Information

Created 2014-07-10
Last Updated 2014-09-13
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 4th August 2014 at 01:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Default Downloads

Install
Download, copy to SD Card.reboot to TWRP
Install in old TWRP>wipe cache and dalvik>reboot
If you are going to install stock update.zip
use zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip, zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip, or zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip

till I fix the links use http://goo.gl/SbwbOU or downloads tab

Flashable Recoveries

For kitkat/CM11 Only
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-otter.zip------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
twrp-2.7.0.1-otter.zip--------------------------------------------(mlkjuggalo)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.1-selinux-recovery.zip--------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.0-selinux-recovery.zip----------------(Hashcode)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- -
For Jellybean or ICS, Not for KitKat or Stock update.zip
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-otter.zip-------------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------
Safe for Stock/GB/ICS/JB---Not For Kitkat/CM11

zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip------------------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip (COTR)-(sd_shadow)--XDA----------DevHost - -
Safe for Stock---Not For ICS-JB-KK

zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip (sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost-------------AFH--------------Mega
Flashable Bootloaders
Should be compatible with all non-OtterX project Roms including Stock
fff-u-boot_v1.5.zip (Hashcode) goo.im---------XDA-------
v1.5.zip md5sum: 4e9d277a31a2a26d33156edf5abbf0e4
----
fff-u-boot_v1.4a.zip (Hashcode) goo.im--------XDA-------
v1.4a md5sum: 419c53b922c963082454b14b7de75a90
----
OLDER should not be any reason to use these...
FIREFIREFIRE 1.3 (kinfauns)-------
----
FIREFIREFIRE 1.2 (pokey9000)------
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 15th August 2014 at 05:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Default Recovery and Bootloader Images

These are flashed with Fastboot.exe in Bootloader
Be sure to verify md5 checksums after downloading.
HIC SVNT DRACONES
You have been warned
--
Recoveries
Various see post 2
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/blaze
--
For stock or ICS
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 (COTR) XDA-------DevHost
MD5:724B954198DEE78D1972115070F4BA5B
--
STOCK only **use only in case of an emergency**
Custom CWM-Based Touch Recovery 5.0.2.7 (KINDLE-FIRE-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1_recovery.img)-----XDA-----
MD5HASH: 980f152121afd5dcd12b732669e21b09
----

OtterX TWRP
https://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otterx/recovery/

---

Bootloaders
Be sure to verify md5 checksums after downloading.
HIC SVNT DRACONES
You have been warned
warn
/wrn/
verb
past tense: warned; past participle: warned
inform someone in advance of an impending or possible danger, problem, or other unpleasant situation.
fff-u-boot_v1.5.bin goo.im
MD5: 0fad8ea0b1f211e9d3701d8228327cbe
fff-u-boot_v1.4a.bin goo.im
MD5: d6a85ffe24ec48c132665e8d6852bf3e
OLDER should not be any reason to use these...unless all else fails
unzip then verify md5
FIREFIREFIRE 1.3 (kinfauns)-------XDA
MD5: 928ae401d91963e1cb8f4dae6ca9519b
----
FIREFIREFIRE 1.2 (pokey9000)------XDA
MD5: a8c8d702606de8ab7e73b898de50b4b6 u-boot.bin
-

OtterX Bootloaders
otterx-u-boot_v2.05.bin
Download otterx-u-boot_v2.05.zip, extract files, cache/otterx-u-boot_v2.05.bin verify md5:241A3FD1EDAD0A0D95886DDEB4693E1C
otterx-u-boot_v2.04.bin
Download otterx-u-boot_v2.04.zip, extract files, cache/otterx-u-boot_v2.04.bin verify md5:30569AE834BAFD70D6E7EFB90338F4CB

lifegap
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
till I fix the links use http://goo.gl/SbwbOU or downloads tab

For kitkat/CM11 Only
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-otter.zip------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
twrp-2.7.0.1-otter.zip--------------------------------------------(mlkjuggalo)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.1-selinux-recovery.zip--------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-otter-twrp-2.6.3.0-selinux-recovery.zip----------------(Hashcode)---XDA----------DevHost-------------- - -
For Jellybean or ICS, Not for KitKat or Stock update.zip
zip-openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-otter.zip-------------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------
Safe for Stock/GB/ICS/JB---Not For Kitkat/CM11
zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip------------------------------(sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost--------------AFH--------------Mega
zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip-------------(sd_shadow)--XDA----------DevHost - -
Safe for Stock---Not For ICS-JB-KK
zip-UtterChaos-CWM5-touch-v01-FINAL-1-otter.zip (sd_shadow)---XDA----------DevHost-------------AFH--------------Mega
Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery. I accidently choose the update recovery in the CM updater for OtterX CM Nightly ROM and I have CWM-based recovery v.6.0.5.0 instead of TWRP 2.7.1.0. It was used for next nightly CM ROM several times before I go back to TWRP for more convenient. I post it in the Hashcode OtterX ROM thread.

sd_shadow
Old
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifegap View Post
Please add CWM v6.0.5.0 to OtterX compatible recovery. I accidently choose the update recovery in the CM updater for OtterX CM Nightly ROM and I have CWM-based recovery v.6.0.5.0 instead of TWRP 2.7.1.0. It was used for next nightly CM ROM several times before I go back to TWRP for more convenient. I post it in the Hashcode OtterX ROM thread.
Far as I can tell there is no CWM v6.0.5.0 for the Kindle Fire 1 Otter or Otter X, Guessing you flashed one for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (jem) or Kindle Fire HD 7 (tate). Since you did not include a link, I can not test, or post link
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

lifegap
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default If you are running CM Otter X ROM of Hashcode, you can try to get CWM v6.0.5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Far as I can tell there is no CWM v6.0.5.0 for the Kindle Fire 1 Otter or Otter X, Guessing you flashed one for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (jem) or Kindle Fire HD 7 (tate). Since you did not include a link, I can not test, or post link
I could not find anywhere the CWM v6.0.5.0 for the Kindle Fire 1 link, but you could have it. I am back to Hashcode ROM (CM official support: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=otterx) from Slimkat. And this time I choose the option: Update CM recovery in the Developer options before update a new nightly rom (using CM updater). Then the recovery switched from TWRP 2.7.0.1 to CWM v6.0.5.0. It works on KF1 on next CM update.