Otter X Twrp and Bootloader Mirrors
Several people have had trouble Installing Cm12 and Slimpop Otter X Roms.
Seems to be a variety of reasons for this.
- Did you watch my video? [YouTube] [How To] convert to OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader
- Did you read original OtterX thread? OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader
- Did you install otterx-u-boot_v2.05.zip and zip-otterx-twrp-22.214.171.124-recovery.zip in twrp?
- Did you verify checksum(s) for all file(s) used? https://sites.google.com/site/sdshad...hash-checksums
- Did you wipe cache, rebooted, Fomate Data, wipe partitions in wipe>advanced ?
For those having trouble with MTP on TWRP versions 2.8.X.X and Window 7
try Updating Windows Media Player
I am having Windows XP SP3 and I was experiencing the same USB MTP installation failure, I updated my Windows Media Player and it fixed the problem. The option in Windows Media Player Help->Check for updates was not working, so I downloaded Media Player from Microsoft webiste and installed it and after that driver is now working fine.
- Problem: Installed OtterX Bootloader, and now can't access bootmenu options with Power button, and just bootloops.
Solution 1: Try Disconnect from PC, Power off (Hold Power button for 10-20 secs), connect to wall charger
Solution 2 : Reflash TWRP
Solution 3 : Reflash 2.05 bootloader
- Problem: Twrp Cannot connect to PC. Device not found. In the device manager, Amazon OtterX is listed, but has an exclamation next it.
If drivers were working before, try selecting drivers for device.
Fixing OtterX Drivers: I posted screenshots of how Kindle should look like in Device manager, once converted to OtterX in post #9 here
In Device manager>select unknown device or device with a yellow triangle or ! >Update driver software>
browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my computer>
show all(uncheck show only compatible)>look for ADB interface or android phone
select yes to Ignore warning
may need to reboot both.
- Problem: Twrp is recognized by PC, but neither MPT mount, nor ADB push works. May get an unauthorized device error/warning
Problem: Installed TWRP 2.8..X.X now whenever i try to get into recovery it goes to teamwin logo and goes back to the kindle fire screen
If you are using Twrp 2.8.XX, use a Linux or Mac machine, or downgrade to 126.96.36.199 Twrp:
Downgrade 2.8.X.X Twrp to 188.8.131.52 TWRP see Flashing TWRP in OtterX bootloader
- Problem: When Installing Lollypop you get an :updater binary error"
If you are still using bootloader 2.04, upgrade to 2.05:
If you still can push files to Twrp, try pushing 2.05.zip, install, reboot, wipe cache, reboot, format data, wipe everything in wipe>advanced...
Partition Sizes and File System
It seems that if you use TWRP 2.8.XX when switching from Amazon to OtterX partitions, sometimes things are getting fouled up, could be that this was an issue before, but has been more noticeable with lollipop.
Partitions sizes for OtterX partitions with 2.05 bootloader should be ...
all should say Present: Yes
system: Current file System: Ext4 - Size: 751MB (768MB)
Cache: _Current File System: Ext4 - Size: 503MB (512MB)
Data:__Current File System: _ f2fs - Size: 5820MB (5880mb)
see post #2 for screenshots
- If you have Twrp 184.108.40.206 and bootloader 2.05, and have wiped cache, rebooted, Fomated Data, wiped partitions in wipe>advanced and still have issues:
Reboot to bootloader, select Amazon partitions, select recovery, wipe cache, reboot to bootloader select OtterX partitions, select recovery, wipe cache, reboot, format data, wipe all partitions.
- Verify Partition sizes match post #2
Of course, all this assumes that drivers are installed correctly on you PC, none of the above will work if drivers are not correct.
If adb commands were working correctly before, and/or fastboot commands are still working, likely drivers are correct.
Please reply if this Guide helped
Please include: What errors you were having, and steps you took to fix.
I made Some videos that cover most of the steps
Flashing TWRP in OtterX bootloader
[How-To] Revert from OtterX Project to Stock Kindle Fire Partitions/Rom
Don't use the EMMC corruption fix