Several people have had trouble Installing Cm12 and Slimpop Otter X Roms.
Seems to be a variety of reasons for this.
I may reorder this later...
- Problem: Installed OtterX Bootloader, and now can't access bootmenu options with Power button, and just bootloops.
Try Disconnect from PC, Power off (Hold Power button for 10-20 secs), connect to wall charger
- Problem: Twrp Cannot connect to PC. Device not found. In the device manager, Amazon OtterX is listed, but has an exclamation next it.
If drivers were working before, try selecting drivers for device.
In Device manager>select unknown device>Update driver software>
browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my computer>
show all(uncheck show only compatible)>look for ADB interface or android phone
select yes to Ignore warning
may need to reboot both.
- Problem: Twrp is recognized by PC, but neither MPT mount, nor ADB push works. May get an unauthorized device error/warning
Problem: Installed TWRP 2.8..X.X now whenever i try to get into recovery it goes to teamwin logo and goes back to the kindle fire screen
If you are using Twrp 2.8.XX, use a Linux or Mac machine, or downgrade to 18.104.22.168 Twrp:
Downgrade 2.8.X.X Twrp to 22.214.171.124 TWRP see Flashing TWRP in OtterX bootloader
- Problem: When Installing Lollypop you get an :updater binary error"
If you are still using bootloader 2.04, upgrade to 2.05:
If you still can push files to Twrp, try pushing 2.05.zip, install, reboot, wipe cache, reboot, format data, wipe everything in wipe>advanced...
It seems that if you use TWRP 2.8.XX when switching from Amazon to OtterX partitions, sometimes things are getting fouled up, could be that this was an issue before, but has been more noticeable with lollipop.
Partitions sizes for OtterX partitions with 2.05 bootloader should be ...
all should say Present: Yes
system: Current file System: Ext4 - Size: 751MB (768MB)
Cache: _Current File System: Ext4 - Size: 503MB (512MB)
Data:__Current File System: _ f2fs - Size: 5820MB (5880mb)
- If you have Twrp 126.96.36.199 and bootloader 2.05, and have wiped cache, rebooted, Fomated Data, wiped partitions in wipe>advanced and still have issues:
Reboot to bootloader, select Amazon partitions, select recovery, wipe cache, reboot to bootloader select OtterX partitions, select recovery, wipe cache, reboot, format data, wipe all partitions.
- Verify Partition sizes match post #2
Of course, all this assumes that drivers are installed correctly on you PC, none of the above will work if drivers are not correct.
If adb commands were working correctly before, and/or fastboot commands are still working, likely drivers are correct.
Please reply if this Guide helped
Please include: What errors you were having, and steps you took to fix.
I made Some videos that cover most of the steps
[YouTube] [How To] convert to OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader [2014-05-08]
Flashing TWRP in OtterX bootloader
[How-To] Revert from OtterX Project to Stock Kindle Fire Partitions/Rom