Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Formatted Kindle drive and now the touchscreen does not respond to tapping

OP sgesmin

22nd July 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I formatted my kindle fire using quick format ( I was going to format my jump drive but I formatted kindle drive instead). Now the touchscreen isn't working as it doesn't respond to my tapping. I would really appreciate if somebody helps me with solution regarding this problem.

P.S. : I am not a techie person. So, please explain me in plain English. Thank you.
22nd July 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #2  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001
 
4,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgesmin

I formatted my kindle fire using quick format ( I was going to format my jump drive but I formatted kindle drive instead). Now the touchscreen isn't working as it doesn't respond to my tapping. I would really appreciate if somebody helps me with solution regarding this problem.

P.S. : I am not a techie person. So, please explain me in plain English. Thank you.

Could try the Kindle Fire Uitility download, unzip, double click on run.bat, install Twrp.
if you see bp panic, you will need a Fastboot cable and follow Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Once you have Twrp recovery you can reinstall stock update.zip or my pre-root 6.3.3.zip
23rd July 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Need help with Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Could try the Kindle Fire Uitility download, unzip, double click on run.bat, install Twrp.
if you see bp panic, you will need a Fastboot cable and follow Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Once you have Twrp recovery you can reinstall stock update.zip or my pre-root 6.3.3.zip

Mr. Shadow,

Thank you for your help. I was able to do the first part , but I couldn't do install pre-root 6.3.3 zip.I tried to follow your video but my kindle's slider doesn't work that's why I couldn't go inside the drive and install the software. I would appreciate if you kindly help me with resolving this problem.


Thank you again.

Regards.
23rd July 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001
 
4,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgesmin

Mr. Shadow,

Thank you for your help. I was able to do the first part , but I couldn't do install pre-root 6.3.3 zip.I tried to follow your video but my kindle's slider doesn't work that's why I couldn't go inside the drive and install the software. I would appreciate if you kindly help me with resolving this problem.


Thank you again.

Regards.

This is a Kindle Fire 1, not a 2 or HD?
23rd July 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #5  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001
 
4,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
If it's the original kindle fire
TWRP may not have installed correctly could try flashing Twrp manually

Download adb/fastboot.exe files, and openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img
verify md5 e6183f4c6043f2c6a0d519d9f660ee98 for TWRP see https://sites.google.com/site/sdshad...hash-checksums
Create a folder in c drive named adb,
unzip/extract files,
copy AdbWinUsbApi.dll, AdbWinApi.dll, adb.exe, fastboot.exe, openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img to adb folder.
do not have kindle connected yet.
open command prompt (start>all programs >accessories>command prompt)
in command prompt>change directory to adb
Code:
cd\adb
then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img
fastboot reboot
command prompt should say waiting for device
with kindle off, connect to pc via usb
when bootloader starts, commands should execute and kindle should reboot again
select reboot to recovery option

retry TWRP if still does not work try

try in command prompt with bootloader like last commands
Code:
fastboot oem format
fastboot reboot
try TWRP again

another option is the Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1
Last edited by sd_shadow; 23rd July 2014 at 06:02 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes