Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KIndle fire won't boot fastboot

Tip us?

soranut
Old
(Last edited by soranut; 31st August 2014 at 03:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] KIndle fire won't boot fastboot

I am using kindle fire utility 0.9.9 and trying to install TWRP and it wont boot in fastboot(4002) mode. It is stuck in firefirefire boot select. I can still select it to boot normal and into recovery but it wont boot into fastboot mode STUCK

Ixthusdan
Old
Thanks Meter 118
What recovery are you using? Twrp is a recovery.

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using XDA Free mobile app

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 31st August 2014 at 03:15 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soranut View Post
I am using indle fire unility 0.9.9 and trying to install TWRP and it wont boot in fastboot(4002) mode. It is stuckin firefirefire boot select. I can still select it to boot normal and into recovery but it wont boot into fastboot mode STUCK
Posting images on XDA from google drive can be tricky, so here
OtterX Bootloader
Don't use Kindle Fire with the FFF Bootloader, just press power button and select recovery mode

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

If you don't have a custom recovery yet, use Fastboot.exe commands like you did to flash bootloader

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

try holding the power button, release button when recovery mode is selected

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Kindle Fire Utility usually installs both TWRP and Bootloader, even if you just selected one of them.
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

soranut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am trying to downgrade twrp from 2.6 to 2.2.2.1 to install kindle fire stock rom but when kindle fire utility request a fastboot to the Kindle Fire it wont go into fastboot but it will stay in boots select instead like in the picture above.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soranut View Post
I am trying to downgrade twrp from 2.6 to 2.2.2.1 to install kindle fire stock rom but when kindle fire utility request a fastboot to the Kindle Fire it wont go into fastboot but it will stay in boots select instead like in the picture above.
that is fastboot, but don't use KFU, in twrp install zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip from my flashable recoveries thread

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

If you are planning on returning to stock make sure you
verify md5 checksum.
wipe data/factory reset in twrp before installing update.zip
or just install my pre-rooted 6.3.3
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soranut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default try

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
that is fastboot, but don't use KFU, in twrp install zip-otter-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.zip from my flashable recoveries thread

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

If you are planning on returning to stock make sure you
verify md5 checksum.
wipe data/factory reset in twrp before installing update.zip
or just install my pre-rooted 6.3.3
Going to try it