Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help me with TWRP on 6.3.3

Tip us?
 
Aareon
Old
(Last edited by Aareon; 5th July 2014 at 10:43 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Prompt [Q] Please help me with TWRP on 6.3.3

Hi, I'm Aareon. I've read in multiple places that 6.3.3 can be downgraded to 6.3.2, but I've read elsewhere that 6.3.3 doesn't work with KFU (Kindle Fire Utility). From experience, I've noticed that KFU 0.9.6 doesn't work with the Boot Status of 6.3.3. It is imperative that Boot Status displays correctly in-order for the rest of the software to function appropriately.

I guess my ultimate question is; 'Am I wasting my time?'

Please, legitimate answers preferably with explanation, of some sort.

P.S. I've seen the 6.3.3 pre-rooted update, but that requires TWRP, which I've explained my plight above.
@sd_shadow
 
sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 6th July 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
#2  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,357
Posts: 3,598
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Dakota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareon View Post
Hi, I'm Aareon. I've read in multiple places that 6.3.3 can be downgraded to 6.3.2,
yes it can be downgraded but once connected to wifi, 6.3.3 will be downloaded, and an attempt to auto install will be made, at least once a day.
Quote:
but I've read elsewhere that 6.3.3 doesn't work with KFU (Kindle Fire Utility). From experience, I've noticed that KFU 0.9.6 doesn't work with the Boot Status of 6.3.3. It is imperative that Boot Status displays correctly in-order for the rest of the software to function appropriately.
reported boot status is just for reference, and does not directly affect the options available, nor does it mean options will or will not work.
Quote:

I guess my ultimate question is; 'Am I wasting my time?'
If 6.3.3 is installed and you do not have a fastboot cable, Yes you are wasting your time.
Quote:

Please, legitimate answers preferably with explanation, of some sort.

P.S. I've seen the 6.3.3 pre-rooted update, but that requires TWRP, which I've explained my plight above.
@sd_shadow
more details and my Video posted here [2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I've requested that this be moved to Amazon Kindle Fire Q and A

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

moved: thanks @Naddict
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Aareon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Fastoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
yes it can be downgraded but once connected to wifi, 6.3.3 will be downloaded, and an attempt to auto install will be made, at least once a day.
reported boot status is just for reference, and does not directly affect the options available, nor does it mean options will or will not work.
If 6.3.3 is installed and you do not have a fastboot cable, Yes you are wasting your time.
more details and my Video posted here [2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I've requested that this be moved to Amazon Kindle Fire Q and A

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

moved: thanks @Naddict
Yes, I do in-fact have a fastboot cable. It came with my mail delivery purchase of N2Aos. My next question is, I don't understand why, when I tell KFU to send my Kindle into Normal mode, it says 'waiting on device' forever. Also, if I try installing TWRP after I think I've gotten myself into fastboot, it says 'can't write to bp1, panic'. This goes for every time I've tried. Have I missed a step in your tutorial, or what?
 
sd_shadow
Old
#4  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,357
Posts: 3,598
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Dakota

 
DONATE TO ME
I wouldn't use KFU, just the ade/fastboot.exe files from KFU
did you watch my video?
If using KFU, try power off kindle, connect fastboot cable, to both kindle/pc, wait a sec, start KFU, select install TWRP (not root)
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
 
Thepooch
Old
#5  
Thepooch's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,044
Posts: 2,459
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareon View Post
Yes, I do in-fact have a fastboot cable. It came with my mail delivery purchase of N2Aos. My next question is, I don't understand why, when I tell KFU to send my Kindle into Normal mode, it says 'waiting on device' forever. Also, if I try installing TWRP after I think I've gotten myself into fastboot, it says 'can't write to bp1, panic'. This goes for every time I've tried. Have I missed a step in your tutorial, or what?
Bp1, panic is because of how KFU is trying to set the boot,ode which is no longer possible on 6.3.3 if you are using your so called fastboot cable correctly it will work. I say so called because there are alot of fakes and knockoffs out there that simply do not work. In order to get a real fastboot cable to work power off the device hook one end to the pc 2.0 usb port only then plug to the device it will go straight to fastboot. If that fails shift plus right click on the tools folder in KFU and select open command window here. In terminal type
Code:
fastboot getvar product
then insert the cable to a powered off device. If again it fails then in the terminal type
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
and insert cable to powered off device. All these attempts and still nothing question the validity of your cable and get one that works from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392693 post#9.
 
Aareon
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
Bp1, panic is because of how KFU is trying to set the boot,ode which is no longer possible on 6.3.3 if you are using your so called fastboot cable correctly it will work. I say so called because there are alot of fakes and knockoffs out there that simply do not work. In order to get a real fastboot cable to work power off the device hook one end to the pc 2.0 usb port only then plug to the device it will go straight to fastboot. If that fails shift plus right click on the tools folder in KFU and select open command window here. In terminal type
Code:
fastboot getvar product
then insert the cable to a powered off device. If again it fails then in the terminal type
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
and insert cable to powered off device. All these attempts and still nothing question the validity of your cable and get one that works from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392693 post#9.
I got my fastboot cable from buying N2Aos off of Amazon. I know that it is legit because others have done the same and have had no problems.

I appreciate your help and will try these things. Thanks
 
Thepooch
Old
#7  
Thepooch's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,044
Posts: 2,459
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareon View Post
I got my fastboot cable from buying N2Aos off of Amazon. I know that it is legit because others have done the same and have had no problems.

I appreciate your help and will try these things. Thanks
If you say so doesn`t mean that it`s legit for your device so run through the steps I pointed out and test it.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

If your using KFU 0.9.6 that`s outdated as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192818 0.9.9 is actually more up to date.
 
Aareon
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepooch View Post
If you say so doesn`t mean that it`s legit for your device so run through the steps I pointed out and test it.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

If your using KFU 0.9.6 that`s outdated as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192818 0.9.9 is actually more up to date.
Is there a way to test, besides using the kindle, whether a fastboot cable works or not?
 
sd_shadow
Old
#9  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,357
Posts: 3,598
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Dakota

 
DONATE TO ME
Is this what you bought? N2Aos(TM) - Convert your Kindle Fire into a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Android Tablet (Includes USB Cable)
If so, that is not a Fastboot cable

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

just a standard usb data cable.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

if it is a Fastboot cable, when you power off, connect fastboot cable to Kindle then PC, Kindle will start to boot, and stop at Kindle Fire Boot Logo (except it actually fastboot mode). and stay there.
Drivers on the pc will not matter at this point, because it the power to 5th pin that causes it to boot to fastboot mode.
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Aareon
Old
(Last edited by Aareon; 13th July 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Is this what you bought? N2Aos(TM) - Convert your Kindle Fire into a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Android Tablet (Includes USB Cable)
If so, that is not a Fastboot cable

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

just a standard usb data cable.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

if it is a Fastboot cable, when you power off, connect fastboot cable to Kindle then PC, Kindle will start to boot, and stop at Kindle Fire Boot Logo (except it actually fastboot mode). and stay there.
Drivers on the pc will not matter at this point, because it the power to 5th pin that causes it to boot to fastboot mode.
How do you know it is a standard usb cable. On the package it said fastboot cable included.

Is this correct? Without USB plugged, during boot, my Kindle loads the 'kindle fire' splash. It then sticks there for about 2-3 seconds, then it dims. 2-3 seconds later, the screen flashes, and again 2-3 seconds later it flashes again. 2-3 seconds later the 'shine marquee' proceeds. About 60 seconds later the unlock screen shows up. For some reason, even after plugging in my 'fastboot cable' it does the same. But I noticed that the first time the screen flashes, some small white text pops-up quickly and then disappears on the right side of the screen.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes