[Q&A] [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1! (DONATE BUTTON!)

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1! (DONATE BUTTON!)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1! (DONATE BUTTON!). If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Shuikron

Oct 4, 2012
Corbin, KY
Kindle Brick Edition

usb mounting/adb is broken in TWRP 2.8.x.x you need to flash a different version in bootloader with fastboot.exe
see my [6.3.3] Flashing FFF and TWRP without Fastboot Cable
for fastboot files, adb, twrp...
if you want stock or cm7, or cm10 use openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img
if you want cm11 use openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-blaze.img
see my Flashing TWRP in FFF bootloader with Fastboot.exe (writing it now)

I was following your guide on flashing FFF and TWRP without Fastboot Cable and when I told it to flash FFF, it bricked my Kindle. Sadly, the unbrick utility has been unable to fix the issue. Was hoping for some advice. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64.

gs4n

Nov 21, 2014
Have a bricked kindle as well, stuck in fastboot mode - tried all-Please Help

I have a bricked kindle as well (8.9). i have followed ALL guide but still get red screen and then fast boot screen.

i have pushed boot and recovery and still get the same . i used first aid package and kfhd, but still boot to fastboot screen.

I would appropriate any help or guidance.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I have a bricked kindle as well (8.9). i have followed ALL guide but still get red screen and then fast boot screen.

i have pushed boot and recovery and still get the same . i used first aid package and kfhd, but still boot to fastboot screen.

I would appropriate any help or guidance.
This utility is only for kindle fire 1, system version 6.x.x
And can brick non kindle fire 1's
Only use firmware for your device.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

YVG15

Dec 2, 2014
Stock Kindle Fire in Boot Loop - all types of issues

Hey all, sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, I've been searching the forum for a few days and can't quite find anything that would help my situation.

I would call myself a novice in trying to fix this thing but that would likely insult every other novice here... if that helps in figuring out where I'm at in my knowledge base.

I have a stock kindle, never rooted, no mods or flashes or anything else (no idea what any of that means, just know nothing has been done to it because I'm very basic and haven't played around with anything). Currently the kindle is going through the boot loop (white kindle, orange fire, little animation, blink and repeat). I don't have a factory cable, just a USB to microusb and regular old Kindle Fire charging cable that came with it (plugs into an electricity outlet... on a wall).

So far I've gone through and got drivers from the first thread I found about fixing boot loops using the Kindle Fire Utility, those are currently installed.
I've attached a screenshot of the device details, I read ADB composite interface as a solution to issues others were having so I hope I'm going in the right direction.

I've also tried a few commands on the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) with no success. I'm assuming it is because I didn't know that I should have enabled USB debugging since I'm not from the future. When the Kindle Fire was working, I do remember selecting an option to allow installs (no sure the exact wording) hoping I could get a better browser on the Kindle Fire eventually, but never quite got to that point.

So anywho, after Kindle Fire Utility was unable to get a status (though it did find that the Kindle was online) and ADB wasn't able to change the boot status (but was able to list the device), I tried the Unbrick Utility and had some new issues.
At first it wouldn't find the path to the files/folder. I moved it to C:\ and it was able to find them after that. Trying the "Stuck at Logo" option, I received an "idme: permission denied" message, similar to messages I've seen within ADB.
"Recovery Loop" wouldn't never get past waiting for the device.
No idea if "Framework-Res" would muck up things more or not but I was desperate and tried it. It mentioned the "zergrush" file not being present, I manually made sure to extract it after my anti-virus deleted it the first time, still received the same message. Guessing this again has to do with permissions of some sort.

So at this point, I'm in a bit of a pickle with very limited programming knowledge and/or Kindle Fire know-how to figure out what I need to do.

Any help (step-by-step and hand-holding would be awesome) would be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you guys

Attachments

• Kindle.png
    Kindle.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 124
  • SAL.png
    SAL.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 128
  • FR.png
    FR.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 128

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hey all, sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, I've been searching the forum for a few days and can't quite find anything that would help my situation.

I would call myself a novice in trying to fix this thing but that would likely insult every other novice here... if that helps in figuring out where I'm at in my knowledge base.

I have a stock kindle, never rooted, no mods or flashes or anything else (no idea what any of that means, just know nothing has been done to it because I'm very basic and haven't played around with anything). Currently the kindle is going through the boot loop (white kindle, orange fire, little animation, blink and repeat). I don't have a factory cable, just a USB to microusb and regular old Kindle Fire charging cable that came with it (plugs into an electricity outlet... on a wall).

So far I've gone through and got drivers from the first thread I found about fixing boot loops using the Kindle Fire Utility, those are currently installed.
I've attached a screenshot of the device details, I read ADB composite interface as a solution to issues others were having so I hope I'm going in the right direction.

I've also tried a few commands on the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) with no success. I'm assuming it is because I didn't know that I should have enabled USB debugging since I'm not from the future. When the Kindle Fire was working, I do remember selecting an option to allow installs (no sure the exact wording) hoping I could get a better browser on the Kindle Fire eventually, but never quite got to that point.

So anywho, after Kindle Fire Utility was unable to get a status (though it did find that the Kindle was online) and ADB wasn't able to change the boot status (but was able to list the device), I tried the Unbrick Utility and had some new issues.
At first it wouldn't find the path to the files/folder. I moved it to C:\ and it was able to find them after that. Trying the "Stuck at Logo" option, I received an "idme: permission denied" message, similar to messages I've seen within ADB.
"Recovery Loop" wouldn't never get past waiting for the device.
No idea if "Framework-Res" would muck up things more or not but I was desperate and tried it. It mentioned the "zergrush" file not being present, I manually made sure to extract it after my anti-virus deleted it the first time, still received the same message. Guessing this again has to do with permissions of some sort.

So at this point, I'm in a bit of a pickle with very limited programming knowledge and/or Kindle Fire know-how to figure out what I need to do.

Any help (step-by-step and hand-holding would be awesome) would be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you guys
Your kindle likely has update 6.3.3, and I do not think this unbrick utility will work,
may need a Factory cable
Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

J.Grooms792

Mar 8, 2015
Erasing userdata

I used the unbrick utility to flash the amazon update to my kindle fire since it had no os and was bricked, but im just wondering how long it takes for the utility to erase userdata. Since its been sitting here around 20 minutes. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I used the unbrick utility to flash the amazon update to my kindle fire since it had no os and was bricked, but im just wondering how long it takes for the utility to erase userdata. Since its been sitting here around 20 minutes. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Should only take about 2-5 mins

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53652317&postcount=2

J.Grooms792

Mar 8, 2015
Should only take about 2-5 mins

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53652317&postcount=2

So what if the kindle has been "erasing 'userdata'" for nearly 30 minutes? I bricked this last night when adb push wouldnt work for me after i installed the otterx bootloader and twrp version, and now the kindle has no os and no way for me to push an os onto it.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
So what if the kindle has been "erasing 'userdata'" for nearly 30 minutes? I bricked this last night when adb push wouldnt work for me after i installed the otterx bootloader and twrp version, and now the kindle has no os and no way for me to push an os onto it.
Don't think unbrick utility is going to work, and you need a fastboot cable now
Should have followed
[How-To] Revert from OtterX Project to Stock Kindle Fire Partitions/Rom

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I'm sure partitions were not correct yet

J.Grooms792

Mar 8, 2015
Don't think unbrick utility is going to work, and you need a fastboot cable now
Should have followed
[How-To] Revert from OtterX Project to Stock Kindle Fire Partitions/Rom

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I'm sure partitions were not correct yet

Thank you for the link, I will attempt to do that and if not i guess the only issue i have is adb not pushing and ill try to figure that out.