Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need to install recovery and rom from fastboot but not recognized by computer?

Tip us?

antleo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Need to install recovery and rom from fastboot but not recognized by computer?

Hey guys, So ive had this kindle sitting in a drawer for a while and finally got a fastboot cable. The issue is, TWRP wouldnt go into its recovery screen and i had no rom so i couldnt flash one. Ordered a fastboot cable and can get to fastboot mode with a fire like fastboot log on top with 2 almost traffic light looking things. one green and flashing and one red. However MY COMPUTER DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT! I dont know what to do. I feel like i may have missed something but am not sure what. I have the adb drivers installed and all of that. and KFU but still cant access the Kindle fire. In Device manager i get otter2-prod-04 with the little triangle with the ! in it showing there is no driver. fastboot doesnt return any devices either. What did i miss?

antleo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
well now i just realized..otter2 means its KF2 doesnt it? I had it working..and used KFU..think i hard bricked it..get no response from anything, doesnt boot at all when power button pressed or cable plugged in or anything :/ I hard bricked it?

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by antleo View Post
well now i just realized..otter2 means its KF2 doesnt it? I had it working..and used KFU..think i hard bricked it..get no response from anything, doesnt boot at all when power button pressed or cable plugged in or anything :/ I hard bricked it?
Yup sad days it`s bricked.