Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 38,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP flash failed but firefirefire installed, now I can't get to fastboot mode

Tip us?

kas782000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP flash failed but firefirefire installed, now I can't get to fastboot mode

I've been trying to root my Kindle Fire running 6.3.3. I bought a fastboot cable and got it to boot into fastboot mode to flash TWRP and firefirefire. I ran the commands and TWRP failed but firefirefire installed. Now when the kindle boots I get the firefirefire bootloader but it cant boot into the recovery because the TWRP never installed. Also, I can't get it to fastboot anymore, not even with the cable. Can anyone please help me get TWRP installed? I've read many forums and tried about everything I found.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,470

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas782000 View Post
I've been trying to root my Kindle Fire running 6.3.3. I bought a fastboot cable and got it to boot into fastboot mode to flash TWRP and firefirefire. I ran the commands and TWRP failed but firefirefire installed. Now when the kindle boots I get the firefirefire bootloader but it cant boot into the recovery because the TWRP never installed. Also, I can't get it to fastboot anymore, not even with the cable. Can anyone please help me get TWRP installed? I've read many forums and tried about everything I found.
FFF bootloader supports fastboot commands, but the flash command is now
fastboot flash recovery file name
ie drop the -i 0x1949
Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-otter.img
because the fastboot mode window is short
with kindle connected to pc, power off kindle, enter commands, then power on kindle
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kas782000
Old
(Last edited by kas782000; 4th September 2014 at 12:42 AM.) Reason: attachment didnt work
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
FFF bootloader supports fastboot commands, but the flash command is now
fastboot flash recovery file name
ie drop the -i 0x1949
Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-otter.img
because the fastboot mode window is short
with kindle connected to pc, power off kindle, enter commands, then power on kindle
I've been trying this for about 30 minutes or so with no luck...I even downloaded a different version of the twrp image. Do I have to wait for the fastboot screen to start the command or do I start the process before powering on the device? I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,470

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas782000 View Post
I've been trying this for about 30 minutes or so with no luck...I even downloaded a different version of the twrp image. Do I have to wait for the fastboot screen to start the command or do I start the process before powering on the device? I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Should be able to do it either way but I press enter, before the power button
This will not work if drivers are not correct
could try
Code:
fastboot devices
as a test should get something like
Code:
123456789    bootloader
back in command prompt
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

kas782000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I finally got it to work and I can't thank you enough. You were right. I knew my computer recognized the device with adb in normal boot but my computer wouldn't recognize the device in fastboot mode until i reinstalled the android driver while it was in fastboot mode. Now I have a custom ROM running Google Play apps! Again, thank you!