Downloaded drivers v1.2 zip file and extracted.
Downloaded MTK Droid Tools v2.5.3 zip file and extracted.
And, followed exactly, as given in the write up (page 1 of this topic).
A3000 sensed in Device Manager and displayed. 2 Drivers got updated.
However, MTK droid tools is NOT SENSING the device.
It still says "the device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable" on the bottom most line of the
MTK droid tools window and the small box is blank. The status continues, even after the A3000 is
rebooted or the USB cable is removed and reconnected.
What to do now ?
My A3000 is already a rooted device with Framaroot.
Any guidance ?
Original work found in THIS very important thread [very powerful & useful app: MTK Droid Root & Tools] by xda developer rua1.
also this post by oscarblue48 is very helpful and it has detailed pictures of the steps
Follow these steps on your own responsibility...
How to install CWM Recovery on A3000:
00. Make sure your device is rooted... if not.. install [framroot] from Here and root.
01. Download MTK Droid Tools from Here and extract.
02. Download Drivers from Here [thanks to azam426] OR Here [thanks to rua1] and extract.
03. On your PC > Right click on my computer > Manage > Device Manager [from the list on the left ]
04. Run MTKdroidTools.exe
05. Connect your A3000 to your computer. (Powered ON)
06. Quickly double click the unidentified driver that pops in the Device Manager > update driver > and point to the extracted drivers from step 2
07. On MTKdroidTools > there is a color indicator in the bottom left corner > [if yellow > Press the root button] & [if green > go to the next step].
08. Now click on [root,backup,recovery] > select [to use boot from phone] > click [recovery and boot] the app will start reading your device's original recovery.
09. After a while it will ask you [make cwm recovery automatically] > click [yes]
10. After another while it will ask you [install created recovery to phone] > click [yes]
11. After a third while it will ask you [reboot into recovery] > click [yes]
Congratulations now you have CWM on your device..
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|