[Q] internal storage & sdcard

OP MuhammedRefaat

10th September 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Banha
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
I want to know the whole criteria of Lenovo-A3000 storage, I mean it has an Internal Storage, also an SD card, So:

1- is SD card included inside the Internal Storage?

2- is SD card separated by accessed through the Internal Storage?

3- is SD card totally separated?

and Now, if I choose to wipe data/ factory reset from some recovery tool like CWM, is that will wipe all data including SD card data?
and at last, why the device reads the SD card as it's at /data/media directory while this is not obvious when accessing the Internal storage through some file manager or through the PC usb ?
10th September 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 126

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhammedRefaat

I want to know the whole criteria of Lenovo-A3000 storage, I mean it has an Internal Storage, also an SD card, So:

1- is SD card included inside the Internal Storage?

2- is SD card separated by accessed through the Internal Storage?

3- is SD card totally separated?

and Now, if I choose to wipe data/ factory reset from some recovery tool like CWM, is that will wipe all data including SD card data?
and at last, why the device reads the SD card as it's at /data/media directory while this is not obvious when accessing the Internal storage through some file manager or through the PC usb ?

Internal SD card is just an emulated storage. This means, that the INTERNAL STORAGE (not accessible without root privilegies) is /data and INTERNAL SD CARD is /data/media. When you wipe data/cache using recovery, it wipes /data and /cache EXCEPT /data/media. When you wipe INTERNAL SD CARD, it wipes ONLY /data/media
The Following User Says Thank You to MirXas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th September 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Banha

16 posts
More
Thumbs up Great Info
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirXas

Internal SD card is just an emulated storage. This means, that the INTERNAL STORAGE (not accessible without root privilegies) is /data and INTERNAL SD CARD is /data/media. When you wipe data/cache using recovery, it wipes /data and /cache EXCEPT /data/media. When you wipe INTERNAL SD CARD, it wipes ONLY /data/media

many thanks for these great info
11th September 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Banha

16 posts
More
Wink Great topic from TWRP
I found also this great topic from TWRP team which declares clearly the Data/Media behavior
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread