Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 48,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] internal storage & sdcard

Tip us?

MuhammedRefaat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] internal storage & sdcard

I want to know the whole criteria of Lenovo-A3000 storage, I mean it has an Internal Storage, also an SD card, So:

1- is SD card included inside the Internal Storage?

2- is SD card separated by accessed through the Internal Storage?

3- is SD card totally separated?

and Now, if I choose to wipe data/ factory reset from some recovery tool like CWM, is that will wipe all data including SD card data?
and at last, why the device reads the SD card as it's at /data/media directory while this is not obvious when accessing the Internal storage through some file manager or through the PC usb ?

MirXas
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhammedRefaat View Post
I want to know the whole criteria of Lenovo-A3000 storage, I mean it has an Internal Storage, also an SD card, So:

1- is SD card included inside the Internal Storage?

2- is SD card separated by accessed through the Internal Storage?

3- is SD card totally separated?

and Now, if I choose to wipe data/ factory reset from some recovery tool like CWM, is that will wipe all data including SD card data?
and at last, why the device reads the SD card as it's at /data/media directory while this is not obvious when accessing the Internal storage through some file manager or through the PC usb ?
Internal SD card is just an emulated storage. This means, that the INTERNAL STORAGE (not accessible without root privilegies) is /data and INTERNAL SD CARD is /data/media. When you wipe data/cache using recovery, it wipes /data and /cache EXCEPT /data/media. When you wipe INTERNAL SD CARD, it wipes ONLY /data/media
Always press the THANKS button below the post if helped
The Following User Says Thank You to MirXas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MuhammedRefaat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Great Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirXas View Post
Internal SD card is just an emulated storage. This means, that the INTERNAL STORAGE (not accessible without root privilegies) is /data and INTERNAL SD CARD is /data/media. When you wipe data/cache using recovery, it wipes /data and /cache EXCEPT /data/media. When you wipe INTERNAL SD CARD, it wipes ONLY /data/media
many thanks for these great info

MuhammedRefaat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Wink Great topic from TWRP

I found also this great topic from TWRP team which declares clearly the Data/Media behavior