Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[rom] s121 2013 a850

OP kickurasss

8th May 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 13

92 posts
More
Hey guys at the moment the most stable ROM for A850 that can move apps to SD is S121 by linerty.

Please see the tutorial by me below. Hope it can help. Facing problem can PM me. I don't mind help as there's a saying "Sharing is caring"

Step on how to flash your Lenovo A850 to S121 ROM and to have external storage option so you can move your apps to SD. Please follow the steps accordingly. I'm not responsible if there's any damage to your phone during the flashing process.

Please download the files as below:

1) A850 S121 ROM that inudes with SP flashtool.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmqugg4c1guf8k

2) USB driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkj0jqu3b5wkm87

Here we go:

1) Power off your phone and dismantle your rear case to take out the battery.
2) Before you plug in your phone via USB please go to "Device Manager" by right click My Computer and click "Device Manager" tab.
3) Stay at the "Device Manager" page and this must be done real quick. Connect the USB to your phone and PC and you'll see a new device pop out by the name of "MTKxxxxx/Mediatekxxxx". Right click and click "Update driver".
4) Choose the driving according to your Windows version. Ex: Windows Vista. Click the file and click next to install. After you've successfully installed the USB driver, unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Flashing process:

1) Open the "SP Flashtool.exe" file.
2) Under the scatter loader tab click it and double click the "MTKxxx file"
3) Above that tick the DA LL
4) Press firmware upgrade and wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the phone.
5) The process will takes around 5minutes plus. Wait till a "green circle" appear that means you've successfully flash your device. Be patient and wait around 1 more minute.
6) Disconnect the USB cable, insert back the battery and the case.
7) Turn ON the unit and for first time load will be slightly longer than expected. Wait till a page pops out and you are ready to set your phone according to your Country and Language.
8) Before you download anything, go to storage setting and set the default write disk to "External Storage"
9) Your phone will restart and now it's the time for your to download whatever you want.

Enjoy and hope my tutorial helps.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kickurasss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Good morning. I wanted to know, please, if one of the languages ​​of this ROM is the Italian and known bugs. Camera, GPS, Flash and other hardware works fine. thanks
11th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

92 posts
More
As for now everything run smoothly.

Sent from my A850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kickurasss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #4  
Flag Melaka

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickurasss

Hey guys at the moment the most stable ROM for A850 that can move apps to SD is S121 by linerty.

Please see the tutorial by me below. Hope it can help. Facing problem can PM me. I don't mind help as there's a saying "Sharing is caring"

Step on how to flash your Lenovo A850 to S121 ROM and to have external storage option so you can move your apps to SD. Please follow the steps accordingly. I'm not responsible if there's any damage to your phone during the flashing process.

2) USB driver:

Here we go:

2) Before you plug in your phone via USB please go to "Device Manager" by right click My Computer and click "Device Manager" tab.
3) Stay at the "Device Manager" page and this must be done real quick. Connect the USB to your phone and PC and you'll see a new device pop out by the name of "MTKxxxxx/Mediatekxxxx". Right click and click "Update driver".
4) Choose the driving according to your Windows version. Ex: Windows Vista. Click the file and click next to install. After you've successfully installed the USB driver, unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Flashing process:

5) The process will takes around 5minutes plus. Wait till a "green circle" appear that means you've successfully flash your device. Be patient and wait around 1 more minute.
7) Turn ON the unit and for first time load will be slightly longer than expected. Wait till a page pops out and you are ready to set your phone according to your Country and Language.
8) Before you download anything, go to storage setting and set the default write disk to "External Storage"
9) Your phone will restart and now it's the time for your to download whatever you want.

Is this the same one as this? http://translate.google.com.my/trans...26channel%3Dsb I believed this is a new build as is states
Build Number: A850_S121_05.01.2014_MULTI_LNG_by_linerty
Date rebuilding: 05/01/2014
Last edited by powerwoot; 13th May 2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: update
16th May 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwoot

Is this the same one as this? http://translate.google.com.my/trans...26channel%3Dsb I believed this is a new build as is states
Build Number: A850_S121_05.01.2014_MULTI_LNG_by_linerty
Date rebuilding: 05/01/2014

New update is not good. Cause they taken out Lenovo Power that really helps on our FC. Newer version doesn't means its better.
16th May 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Melaka

61 posts
More
Quote:

New update is not good. Cause they taken out Lenovo Power that really helps on our FC. Newer version doesn't means its better.

And I am using Lenovo power from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-apps-t2716670 then did the upgrade online from there, now my current version is 1.3.52
30th May 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Is there Italian language inside this rom?
18th July 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

88 posts
a850 problem after flashing
Quote:

2) USB driver:

Here we go:

Flashing process:

-TOOL DL image Fail!!
-Uboot is blocking by dl info!!

anyone help me
30th July 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

92 posts
More
Did you tick on the DL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliutak

-TOOL DL image Fail!!
-Uboot is blocking by dl info!!

anyone help me

Did you tick on the DL?
25th August 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #10  

1 posts
sim 2 not detacted
please do help me. im using rom s121 05.01.2014. after a few month using it, suddenly sim no 2 not detected.. please help me to solve this problem..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread