Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom] s121 2013 a850

Tip us?
 
kickurasss
Old
#1  
kickurasss's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 89
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Default [rom] s121 2013 a850

Hey guys at the moment the most stable ROM for A850 that can move apps to SD is S121 by linerty.

Please see the tutorial by me below. Hope it can help. Facing problem can PM me. I don't mind help as there's a saying "Sharing is caring"

Step on how to flash your Lenovo A850 to S121 ROM and to have external storage option so you can move your apps to SD. Please follow the steps accordingly. I'm not responsible if there's any damage to your phone during the flashing process.

Please download the files as below:

1) A850 S121 ROM that inudes with SP flashtool.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmqugg4c1guf8k

2) USB driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkj0jqu3b5wkm87

Here we go:

1) Power off your phone and dismantle your rear case to take out the battery.
2) Before you plug in your phone via USB please go to "Device Manager" by right click My Computer and click "Device Manager" tab.
3) Stay at the "Device Manager" page and this must be done real quick. Connect the USB to your phone and PC and you'll see a new device pop out by the name of "MTKxxxxx/Mediatekxxxx". Right click and click "Update driver".
4) Choose the driving according to your Windows version. Ex: Windows Vista. Click the file and click next to install. After you've successfully installed the USB driver, unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Flashing process:

1) Open the "SP Flashtool.exe" file.
2) Under the scatter loader tab click it and double click the "MTKxxx file"
3) Above that tick the DA LL
4) Press firmware upgrade and wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the phone.
5) The process will takes around 5minutes plus. Wait till a "green circle" appear that means you've successfully flash your device. Be patient and wait around 1 more minute.
6) Disconnect the USB cable, insert back the battery and the case.
7) Turn ON the unit and for first time load will be slightly longer than expected. Wait till a page pops out and you are ready to set your phone according to your Country and Language.
8) Before you download anything, go to storage setting and set the default write disk to "External Storage"
9) Your phone will restart and now it's the time for your to download whatever you want.

Enjoy and hope my tutorial helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kickurasss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DerHimmel
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Good morning. I wanted to know, please, if one of the languages ​​of this ROM is the Italian and known bugs. Camera, GPS, Flash and other hardware works fine. thanks
 
kickurasss
Old
#3  
kickurasss's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 89
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
As for now everything run smoothly.

Sent from my A850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kickurasss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
powerwoot
Old
(Last edited by powerwoot; 13th May 2014 at 07:21 AM.) Reason: update
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 61
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickurasss View Post
Hey guys at the moment the most stable ROM for A850 that can move apps to SD is S121 by linerty.

Please see the tutorial by me below. Hope it can help. Facing problem can PM me. I don't mind help as there's a saying "Sharing is caring"

Step on how to flash your Lenovo A850 to S121 ROM and to have external storage option so you can move your apps to SD. Please follow the steps accordingly. I'm not responsible if there's any damage to your phone during the flashing process.

Please download the files as below:

1) A850 S121 ROM that inudes with SP flashtool.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmqugg4c1guf8k

2) USB driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkj0jqu3b5wkm87

Here we go:

1) Power off your phone and dismantle your rear case to take out the battery.
2) Before you plug in your phone via USB please go to "Device Manager" by right click My Computer and click "Device Manager" tab.
3) Stay at the "Device Manager" page and this must be done real quick. Connect the USB to your phone and PC and you'll see a new device pop out by the name of "MTKxxxxx/Mediatekxxxx". Right click and click "Update driver".
4) Choose the driving according to your Windows version. Ex: Windows Vista. Click the file and click next to install. After you've successfully installed the USB driver, unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Flashing process:

1) Open the "SP Flashtool.exe" file.
2) Under the scatter loader tab click it and double click the "MTKxxx file"
3) Above that tick the DA LL
4) Press firmware upgrade and wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the phone.
5) The process will takes around 5minutes plus. Wait till a "green circle" appear that means you've successfully flash your device. Be patient and wait around 1 more minute.
6) Disconnect the USB cable, insert back the battery and the case.
7) Turn ON the unit and for first time load will be slightly longer than expected. Wait till a page pops out and you are ready to set your phone according to your Country and Language.
8) Before you download anything, go to storage setting and set the default write disk to "External Storage"
9) Your phone will restart and now it's the time for your to download whatever you want.

Enjoy and hope my tutorial helps.
Is this the same one as this? http://translate.google.com.my/trans...26channel%3Dsb I believed this is a new build as is states
Build Number: A850_S121_05.01.2014_MULTI_LNG_by_linerty
Date rebuilding: 05/01/2014
 
kickurasss
Old
#5  
kickurasss's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 89
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwoot View Post
Is this the same one as this? http://translate.google.com.my/trans...26channel%3Dsb I believed this is a new build as is states
Build Number: A850_S121_05.01.2014_MULTI_LNG_by_linerty
Date rebuilding: 05/01/2014
New update is not good. Cause they taken out Lenovo Power that really helps on our FC. Newer version doesn't means its better.
 
powerwoot
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 61
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickurasss View Post
New update is not good. Cause they taken out Lenovo Power that really helps on our FC. Newer version doesn't means its better.
And I am using Lenovo power from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-apps-t2716670 then did the upgrade online from there, now my current version is 1.3.52
 
paolo2612
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2008
Is there Italian language inside this rom?
 
aliutak
Old
#8  
aliutak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default a850 problem after flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickurasss View Post
Hey guys at the moment the most stable ROM for A850 that can move apps to SD is S121 by linerty.

Please see the tutorial by me below. Hope it can help. Facing problem can PM me. I don't mind help as there's a saying "Sharing is caring"

Step on how to flash your Lenovo A850 to S121 ROM and to have external storage option so you can move your apps to SD. Please follow the steps accordingly. I'm not responsible if there's any damage to your phone during the flashing process.

Please download the files as below:

1) A850 S121 ROM that inudes with SP flashtool.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmqugg4c1guf8k

2) USB driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkj0jqu3b5wkm87

Here we go:

1) Power off your phone and dismantle your rear case to take out the battery.
2) Before you plug in your phone via USB please go to "Device Manager" by right click My Computer and click "Device Manager" tab.
3) Stay at the "Device Manager" page and this must be done real quick. Connect the USB to your phone and PC and you'll see a new device pop out by the name of "MTKxxxxx/Mediatekxxxx". Right click and click "Update driver".
4) Choose the driving according to your Windows version. Ex: Windows Vista. Click the file and click next to install. After you've successfully installed the USB driver, unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Flashing process:

1) Open the "SP Flashtool.exe" file.
2) Under the scatter loader tab click it and double click the "MTKxxx file"
3) Above that tick the DA LL
4) Press firmware upgrade and wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the phone.
5) The process will takes around 5minutes plus. Wait till a "green circle" appear that means you've successfully flash your device. Be patient and wait around 1 more minute.
6) Disconnect the USB cable, insert back the battery and the case.
7) Turn ON the unit and for first time load will be slightly longer than expected. Wait till a page pops out and you are ready to set your phone according to your Country and Language.
8) Before you download anything, go to storage setting and set the default write disk to "External Storage"
9) Your phone will restart and now it's the time for your to download whatever you want.

Enjoy and hope my tutorial helps.
-TOOL DL image Fail!!
-Uboot is blocking by dl info!!

anyone help me

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes