[TUTORIAL] Install CWM or TWRP on Lenovo A850 (Root needed)

Search This thread

passie1981

Sep 25, 2014
Wil this recovery work on the a8-50 tablet ?

Hello all,

Will this recovery also work on the tablet version of the a8-50?

greetings Pascal Kloeg

AOneX

Nov 3, 2014
Cann't wipe data or Fromat system !

Hi
I did root me a850 and update cwm
But when I try to wipe data or cash, it cann’t wipe and skipping format .

Please help me .

archis007

Apr 30, 2014
Worked!!! Both are good but usingTWRP is easier then CWM. Do you have touch version of CWM?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Hi
I did root me a850 and update cwm
But when I try to wipe data or cash, it cann’t wipe and skipping format .

Please help me .
Use TWRP

Keval3393

Nov 16, 2014
I need CustomROM in my Lenovo A859.

I want to flash my Lenovo A859 with Custom ROM. So first i need CWM or TWRP recovery for the same. Does anyone know about this..??? Plz.... Plz... Help me :crying: I want to get rid of that chinese recovery.
I'd tried finding about on XDA but didn't find. I hope somebody will reply soon:confused:

zackdeux

Dec 7, 2014
Problem

My phone doesn't display ROW or CN. And all of the four image doesnt work. During recovery bootup, nothing happen. The phone just shut backs off. How to solve this problem?

asiong101

Dec 23, 2014
will this work for lenovo a328? sorry if quite irrelevant

I just rooted my phone with ding ding root, and installed supersu already so only thing missing is recovery mod, i cant dl twrp and cwm mods cos it ses they dont supporrt my phone. Will this method work? Or are there any methods or apps that you could recommend? I need help please :(

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
I want to flash my Lenovo A859 with Custom ROM. So first i need CWM or TWRP recovery for the same. Does anyone know about this..??? Plz.... Plz... Help me :crying: I want to get rid of that chinese recovery.
I'd tried finding about on XDA but didn't find. I hope somebody will reply soon:confused:
I found this page on google. I haven't tested it (since i do not have the phone). Use at your own risk.

I just rooted my phone with ding ding root, and installed supersu already so only thing missing is recovery mod, i cant dl twrp and cwm mods cos it ses they dont supporrt my phone. Will this method work? Or are there any methods or apps that you could recommend? I need help please :(
Same as above: page on google, use at your own risk.

razien

Sep 4, 2014
Can these recoveries be compatible to Lenovo a859 phone, if not could anyone make one for a859?

bubuyogzzz

Mar 10, 2011
Caloocan
www.facebook.com
Hello everyone,
CWM-TWRP-Recovery.jpg
I am going to write you some simple steps to install CWM 6.0.3.4 / TWRP 2.5.0.0 recovery on your Lenovo A850.
I will be very detailed, advanced users should skip the boring stuff :p

This guide was writed based on this thread. A similar guide can be found at this thread. Look there for more info.

You will need:
- Rooted Lenovo A850 (simple guide here, not tested)
- Mobileuncle MTK Tools (GooglePlay)
- Recovery Image for A850 (CWM or TWRP)

BEFORE GOING ON, MIND THAT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS ON YOUR PHONE.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

INSTUCTIONS:
1. Download the recovery image:
First of all we need to find out what firmware version our phone has (ROW or CN).
I can see mine looking the Baseband version (located at Settings->About phone->Version Infos->Baseband version) which is "A850.ROW.v18", so i have a ROW firmware installed. I suppose it will say something like "A850.CN.vXX" if you have a CN filmware.
If you don't know which version you own, try one. If it is the wrong version, your phone will just not boot into the recovery. Reboot the phone and install an other version.

Now we can download the right recovery image version.
- For ROW firmware download this (Mirror 1 from source thread).
(This version of CWM never worked for me, scroll down at bugs)
- For CN firmware download this (Mirror 1 from source thread).
(Downloads include both CWM and TWRP recoveries)
After downloading, extract the content (use 7zip program). You will see 3 files, we will not need the "MT6582_Android_scatter.txt" file. You can delete it or keep it if you want to flash roms in the future.

2. Move the revovery image in you SD card:
Connect your phone on your PC and mount the SD card. Now move the recovery image you want in you phone's SD card:
- For TWRP is the "recovery_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img" file
- For CWM is the "recovery_z_CWM_v6.0.3.4.img" file
(You can delete the other one after that)
When the move finishes, disconnect the phone.

3. Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools:
Open GooglePlay on your phone, search for "Mobileuncle" and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools.

4. Install recovery: (IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING DO NOT PROCEED)
Open Mobileuncle MTK Tools. (You will be asked to give root permition to the app, select always yes)
Click on "Recovery Update" and the app will find the recovery image in your SD card. (in the first line, do not click any other recovery)
Click on the recovery image you selected (recovery_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img or recovery_z_CWM_v6.0.3.4.img), click OK to install recovery... wait some seconds, and then click OK to reboot into recovery.
Done! You are in the recovery :D
(If the phone reboots and then shutdown, the recovery.img didn't work. Try an other version.)

How to get into recovery: (2 simple ways)
- Power of your phone. Wait some second. Press the power button and bot h volume keys and not let them go until the logo appears (the phone will also vibrate). It takes up to 7 seconds to open, keep pressing the buttons until the vibration.
- With Mobileuncle MTK Tools, open it and click on "Into Recovery Mode".

Keys:
- CWM: Use volume keys and the power button to move around
- TWRP: Touch the screen, swipe etc.

Credits:
- linerty (from the Russian lenovo forum)

Bugs:
- I got an error will trying to backup (CWM ROW version), "can't mount data" . If you face this problem, better install this CWM version. It worked for me

Thank you for this, working on my Lenovo a850.

Keval3393

Nov 16, 2014
Rooting is done. But the recovery mod is not. Will the recovery image of Lenovo A850 will work on Lenovo A859...??
No App is giving the recovery image for Lenovo A859.
And i really wish to customize my phone. Please do something.

It's heartly request to XDA Developers to make recovery image for this phone. PLEASE...!!!

razien

Sep 4, 2014
Rooting is done. But the recovery mod is not. Will the recovery image of Lenovo A850 will work on Lenovo A859...??
No App is giving the recovery image for Lenovo A859.
And i really wish to customize my phone. Please do something.

It's heartly request to XDA Developers to make recovery image for this phone. PLEASE...!!!

Hey there Keval3393,

You can use any of these recoveries, it works in A859 Lenovo phone, just install first the "MobileUncle MTK Tools" from the playstore or use the attached one and update the recovery from there in a "Recovery update" line, just put it on your sdcard or internal storage to locate in the mobileuncle.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja1sga7uuzjprxt/recovery_6.0.5_philz-touch-base_CWM-working.img?dl=0

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpw9lrhjsn183ph/TWRP-2.6.3.0_A859-working.zip?dl=0

Hit Thanks if it helps you.

Attachments

• TWRP_A859_ROW.img
    6.4 MB · Views: 182
  • A859-recovery-6.0.5_philztouch_base-CWM.img
    6.2 MB · Views: 115
  • A859-recovery_CWM-5.5.x.img
    5.2 MB · Views: 113
  • mobileuncle_MTK_toolv2.9.9.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 168

irfanadli97

Oct 12, 2014
Bandar Baru Bangi
Yo GreatApo

Swaying kinda far from topic, but this might be what you need;

Hello everyone,

to whom it may concerns (Maybe some nice uber-pro will try to compile a CM, even using orignal Kernel? :angel: ) :
Lenovo released the source code for the A850 device including Kernel and driver sources.
Its a 290MB Package:
http://support.lenovo.com/en/downloads/ds00316

yours sincerely,
B

If you can do the deed,
DO IT FOR THE GOOD! CYANOGENMOD ALL THE WAY!!!

Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    CWM-TWRP-Recovery.jpg
    I am going to write you some simple steps to install CWM 6.0.3.4 / TWRP 2.5.0.0 recovery on your Lenovo A850.
    I will be very detailed, advanced users should skip the boring stuff :p

This guide was writed based on this thread. A similar guide can be found at this thread. Look there for more info.

You will need:
    - Rooted Lenovo A850 (simple guide here, not tested)
    - Mobileuncle MTK Tools (GooglePlay)
    - Recovery Image for A850 (CWM or TWRP)

BEFORE GOING ON, MIND THAT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS ON YOUR PHONE.
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

INSTUCTIONS:
    1. Download the recovery image:
    First of all we need to find out what firmware version our phone has (ROW or CN).
    I can see mine looking the Baseband version (located at Settings->About phone->Version Infos->Baseband version) which is "A850.ROW.v18", so i have a ROW firmware installed. I suppose it will say something like "A850.CN.vXX" if you have a CN filmware.
    If you don't know which version you own, try one. If it is the wrong version, your phone will just not boot into the recovery. Reboot the phone and install an other version.

Now we can download the right recovery image version.
    - For ROW firmware download this (Mirror 1 from source thread).
    (This version of CWM never worked for me, scroll down at bugs)
    - For CN firmware download this (Mirror 1 from source thread).
    (Downloads include both CWM and TWRP recoveries)
    After downloading, extract the content (use 7zip program). You will see 3 files, we will not need the "MT6582_Android_scatter.txt" file. You can delete it or keep it if you want to flash roms in the future.

2. Move the revovery image in you SD card:
    Connect your phone on your PC and mount the SD card. Now move the recovery image you want in you phone's SD card:
    - For TWRP is the "recovery_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img" file
    - For CWM is the "recovery_z_CWM_v6.0.3.4.img" file
    (You can delete the other one after that)
    When the move finishes, disconnect the phone.

3. Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools:
    Open GooglePlay on your phone, search for "Mobileuncle" and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools.

4. Install recovery: (IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING DO NOT PROCEED)
    Open Mobileuncle MTK Tools. (You will be asked to give root permition to the app, select always yes)
    Click on "Recovery Update" and the app will find the recovery image in your SD card. (in the first line, do not click any other recovery)
    Click on the recovery image you selected (recovery_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img or recovery_z_CWM_v6.0.3.4.img), click OK to install recovery... wait some seconds, and then click OK to reboot into recovery.
    Done! You are in the recovery :D
    (If the phone reboots and then shutdown, the recovery.img didn't work. Try an other version.)

How to get into recovery: (2 simple ways)
    - Power of your phone. Wait some second. Press the power button and bot h volume keys and not let them go until the logo appears (the phone will also vibrate). It takes up to 7 seconds to open, keep pressing the buttons until the vibration.
    - With Mobileuncle MTK Tools, open it and click on "Into Recovery Mode".

Keys:
    - CWM: Use volume keys and the power button to move around
    - TWRP: Touch the screen, swipe etc.

Credits:
    - linerty (from the Russian lenovo forum)

Bugs:
    - I got an error will trying to backup (CWM ROW version), "can't mount data" . If you face this problem, better install this CWM version. It worked for me
    That's a useful feature. CWM should implement it too. :)

I've successfully flashed CWM. Thanks a lot man. Let's keep this thread active for other A850 users. I'll be posting anything new with regard to tweaks, roms, etc. when I have one. :)

I cant download the cwm recovery image files from given mirror.
    I do not want to mirror the files since they are not my work. The links work fine, try again please :)

If you can't, try this file (ROW version ONLY). It is a different version, i have tested it, this is the version i am currently using. I do not remember who made it but his name is written in the recovery. Use at your own risk! I take no responsibility! :p
    How can we find out is someone working on CM for our device?
    By googling it, but it seems that there are not so skilled devs on this device yet... A programmer named "linerty" have cooked some ROMs but i do not know if he may ever go after CM.

From my stand point, an other problem is that devs that work on this device are not in this forum... i have found a Rusian forum, a Spanish and a Chiniese (working over the MIUI version of a850), so you can't easily track the devs. They also do not seem to cooperate each other... They should have publish their work here too.
    Is there anyone can provide an answer to my question before, and i had once tried to do backup with cwm but it said not enough space on sd card, but i had about 4gb free space out of 7gb. I'm thinking of using new sd card because i want to use it for ram expander too, but since clockworkmod folder is in sd, what should i do?