Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP] Official Lenovo A850 Apps

OP GreatApo

14th April 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #1  
GreatApo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More

While i was searching for Lenovo apps updates i found this topic in a Russian forum where linerty has managed to gather quite a lot Lenovo apps. A flashable zip was also made by Skia, where you can select which of the apps you want to install. Let's call it "Lenovo Apps Update v1.0.zip". Based on that zip file i am going to add / fix what ever i can. All credits goes to linerty and Skia.

Included Apps:
- Lenovo Safe Center v5.0.6.2984
- Lenovo Calculator 1.2.22
- Lenovo SnapIt 3.6.6 (Camera & Gallery)
- Lenovo File Browser 3.1.45
- Lenovo Calendar 2.4.11
- Lenovo IdeaFriend 3.0.286
- Lenovo Music 3.0.665
- Lenovo Video 3.0.85
- Lenovo Flashlight 2.2.3
- Lenovo Weather 2.5.37
- Lenovo Compass 2.1.31
- Lenovo Launcher 3.3.10 / 6.1.292 (Russian language)
- Lenovo Power 1.1.266 / 1.3.10 / 1.6.7 / 2.1.26 / 2.4.12 / 2.6.143 / 2.7.35

Instructions:
- Make a backup (at least system)
- Transfer the zip to your SD card
- Reboot to your recovery and install the zip
- Select the apps you want to install and...
- Done

Bugs:
Not working: (??? works for you?)
- Lenovo SnapIt
- Lenovo Music 3.0.665
- Lenovo Weather 2.5.37
- Lenovo Power

Changelog:
# v2.0
- Installer translated to English
- Lenovo File Browser install location was fixed
- Lenovo Compass 2.1.31 was added
# v1.0
- First version from Skia

Download: BACK UP BEFORE USING IT!!!
- Version 2.0

FAQ
- The app disappeared! : Maybe you do not have enough space in your /system?
- The app is force closing! : Maybe it does not work your ROM. Restore...

Old Post:
Quote:

Lets gather the latest versions of the official Lenovo A850 apps.
IdeaFriend / Contact Manager :
- v2.4.253.140224.465efb9_hdpi : Download
Safe Powercenter / Lenovo Power :
- v1.3.52.131122.24dfb99(Beta) : Update from inside the app (use the previous version)
- v1.3.10.0820 : Download

Last edited by GreatApo; 15th August 2014 at 09:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreatApo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Melaka
Thanks Meter: 0
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Lets gather the latest versions of the official Lenovo A850 apps.


IdeaFriend / Contact Manager :
- v2.4.253.140224.465efb9_hdpi : Download

Safe Powercenter / Lenovo Power :
- v1.3.52.131122.24dfb99(Beta) : Update from inside the app (use the previous version)
- v1.3.10.0820 : Download

Any adds are welcome

Thank you very much
I did installed the IdeaFriend 2.4, it has good GUI but it has some bug for unable to display the caller ID i.e caller ID is not viewable If I am not adding the +country code at beginning but SMS sender name is not appear if +country code remained. But all seems to be good if I use the patched downgrade version by linerty here http://translate.google.com.my/trans...80%26bih%3D891
14th May 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
nomaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Lets gather the latest versions of the official Lenovo A850 apps.


IdeaFriend / Contact Manager :
- v2.4.253.140224.465efb9_hdpi : Download

Safe Powercenter / Lenovo Power :
- v1.3.52.131122.24dfb99(Beta) : Update from inside the app (use the previous version)
- v1.3.10.0820 : Download

Any adds are welcome

Nice thread...

Can you extract your stock launcher and share.. PM tnx! in advance!
11th August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #4  
GreatApo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaj

Nice thread...

Can you extract your stock launcher and share.. PM tnx! in advance!

Try this link.
17th October 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Does anyone know the latest version of lenovo power apk? Because the one from russian forum, all of it cannot be installed. The Beta version keeps pop up or shows "lenovo granted the permission......". It doesn't compatible, isn't?
21st October 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #6  
irfanadli97's Avatar
Member
Flag Bandar Baru Bangi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Instructions:
- Make abackup* (at least system)
- Transfer the zip to your SD card
- Reboot to your recovery** and install the zip
- Select the apps you want to install and...
- Done

*-Via Titanium? Is free version enough?

**-Stock recovery or custom? My phone is in "unflashable" state cuz A: microUSB port damaged B: NO custom recovery that I can install since I'm confused about my rom type [ROW or CN] C: I searched the heck out of the internet to find how to use the stock recovery given but no helpful link.
21st October 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #7  
GreatApo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanadli97

*-Via Titanium? Is free version enough?

**-Stock recovery or custom? My phone is in "unflashable" state cuz A: microUSB port damaged B: NO custom recovery that I can install since I'm confused about my rom type [ROW or CN] C: I searched the heck out of the internet to find how to use the stock recovery given but no helpful link.

Actually, i wouldn't mess up with my phone with a broken port. Flash is the fix for every soft brick. Since you don't have a custom recovery i would suggest you stay away from custom zips...

But, to answer your questions. Any backup that backs up your system files will do the trick. I do not think a titanium backup will do the trick since you can't flash it from recovery. Make a recovery backup (i do not think you can do it from the stock recovery).

On the other hand, how you charge the phone since your port is broken? (-.-) maybe you haven't install the PC drivers correctly and the port is functional?
22nd October 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #8  
irfanadli97's Avatar
Member
Flag Bandar Baru Bangi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Actually, i wouldn't mess up with my phone with a broken port. Flash is the fix for every soft brick. Since you don't have a custom recovery i would suggest you stay away from custom zips...

But, to answer your questions. Any backup that backs up your system files will do the trick. I do not think a titanium backup will do the trick since you can't flash it from recovery. Make a recovery backup (i do not think you can do it from the stock recovery).

Mobileuncle MTK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

On the other hand, how you charge the phone since your port is broken? (-.-) maybe you haven't install the PC drivers correctly and the port is functional?

There was THIS usb cable that came with a power bank, it's short, white and A FAILURE. The microUSB end has only few copper nodes PRACTICALLY only for the powerbank charging., and I tried to plug it to my phone and BAM! one of the copper nodes BENDED!!!

BENDED! YOU KNOW BENDED?!?


As for charging, I use universal wall-port phone charger [this thing right here]


And I have to save some bucks to replace the WHOLE FREAKING CHARGING MODULE as replacing the port only does not meet the term of POSSIBLE.
So in the meantime I use that thing to charge my phone and it took 12 hours to full.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes