[Q&A] [UPDATE-7/7/2014] [QuBex-ROM] V8.2 !! || ♥ ROOT, GAPPS + MUCH MORE ♥

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

[Q&A] [UPDATE-7/7/2014] [QuBex-ROM] V8.2 !! || ♥ ROOT, GAPPS + MUCH MORE ♥

Q&A for [UPDATE-7/7/2014] [QuBex-ROM] V8.2 !! || ♥ ROOT, GAPPS + MUCH MORE ♥

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Vaibhavbhatt

Aug 10, 2014
Beginner

Hey i am a beginner and i doesn't know anything about how to root and install this rom. So plz help me with it..
I have now using the default 4.2 jb version...

mr.pocogo

Oct 12, 2014
want to ask?

excuse me, how i can get Lenovo Power for this rom? and how i can get the best picture with the scg ver. 3.6.6, because my camera a lot noises. please help. thank before

Ratheesh6

Apr 8, 2014
Bangalore
So Qubex really abandoned the ROM development?
So the only hope is the so called kitkat development by the official parties.
Its no mean to drop the support for a great phone which is still selling strong for its feature rich product.

Aslansalarkia

Nov 8, 2014
Tehran
thanks a lot Qubex for the amazing rom.
I used to have difficulties with the wifi when I had the simcard in the phone, it just couldn't find anything, I rooted my device and used Wifix to solve that, but the row rom was rubbish and had to be changed :)
I installed your rom via MFT and everything works fine except for wifi, I have the wifix installed, but now not only it doesn't find anything while the sim card is in, but actually can't connect without the sim as well.
it does find wireless networks, but it doesn't connect:(
btw, I'm using Quebx Rom 8.2

Last edited:

murtaza.rasheed

Nov 6, 2014
This ROM has the biggest issue due to which it is of no use

SKYPE and other VOIP apps don't work in this ROM.
These Apps get installed and also run but when we call some one, neither we are able to hear then nor they are able to hear is.

Its a humble request to Clear this Major issue and provide an update becus I have spend a lot of time with it and it works awesome, only Skype and voip apps are not working.

hoping for reply soon

Thanks.

reginelew

Nov 12, 2014
k900 flash fastboot failed

when I do update step(below) of vibe v8.2.the phone keep show "flash fastboot fail".
what should I do?

**ONLY UPDATE STEPS:

*ONLY IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON V8
1-Place the system.img.gz from the "Update to V8.2.7z" in SDFUSE

2-Reboot in droidboot and sdupdate

3-power off and power on

bobby47-ir

Nov 12, 2014
Q&A

I have installed the intel Android Drv and the iSocUSB driver and the phone drivers
But when i plug my phone to the computer the MFT could not recognize the phone and wont start the installation.
What should i do?

XeniaJr

Dec 4, 2014
Need boot.bin for Viberom V8.2

Dear...
Can anyone share boot.bin for Viberom V8.2..?

Thanks

melkaiser

Dec 17, 2014
helpppp

hello qubex. after i flaah the rom. it goes well for a while. then after a time, j cannot olen the camera or tweet in twitter. when i open the k900 galery, it doesnt show anything, although i have a bunch of photos inside.

the camera and twitter app always force close. well for the twitter it only force close when i try to tweet or replied. do you know how to fix this???

oh and my google play service keep crash .. pleaseee help me

murtaza.rasheed

Nov 6, 2014
Skype is not working in quebexv8.2 k900... Plz check and provide is responce with updated version...the prob is it loads the skype well and when we call it just goes in calling mode but we cannot hear anythin also mic doesnt work. ....
Hope u understand our concern and provide responce soon.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Skype is not working in quebexv8.2 k900... Plz check and provide is responce with updated version...the prob is it loads the skype well and when we call it just goes in calling mode but we cannot hear anythin also mic doesnt work. ....
Hope u understand our concern and provide responce soon.

Thanks

nyolai

Jul 22, 2013
DKI Jakarta
sir, yesterday I Flashed your rom, and successed :D
but I have a slightly problem, the gps wont locked, my widget give me an unknown location, then I tried to open an offline map (sygic), but still, it wont let the gps to connect.
I tried to fix it via an app from play store called "faster gps", I`ve been set it to my country (indonesia).
The widget & my sygic wont to connect to gps, but when I opened my google map, the gps lock my position easily.
Is there sumthin wrong with my steps or this is just a bug from the rom?
Sorry for my poor english :p

Thanks for ur favor ;)

Last edited:

TarassBoulba

Feb 13, 2014
LYON
Hi all !

First I’d like to thank you all for your being such an active community.

I’m facing a rather annoying issue with my K900 : the micro-usb port is really unstable.
While the phone is on, as a mass storage device, it works pretty well.
But as soon as I try to flash the QubeX Rom V8.2 through MFT, it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. It does so when I charge it as well.

These aborted flashing attempts with MFT eventually resulted in a total brick of my k900.
I managed to unbrick my K900 thanks to one of your tutorials, through Win Cmd prompt, thus I’m really grateful.

I installed QubeX’s VIBEROM 7 through SDFUSE method, which worked well.
So here my request: would it be possible to flash the V8.2 ROM through SDFUSE rather than MFT ?

Thank you !

reallyannoyed

Dec 31, 2013
Replace the Lenovo "IdeaFriend" contacts+phone+messaging?

I'm getting quite desperate for a solution here. I'm fed up with the issues that the app is giving me in the US.
Also, on a less important note, can we replace the lockscreen (keyguardclient2.apk in /system/app/) with the stock android one (from the Nexus 4/5 or something)? I miss lockscreen widgets :(

Thanks all

garysen

Mar 1, 2015
Lenovo K900 custom ROM

I am a noob and i have done all the steps that you had written in the procedure for installing custom rom qubex-v8-vibe1418dev-based-root-gapps-t2759854 . The Flash happens but after connecting the phone nothing happens except for charging the phone . Any help would be kind !

cucolea

Apr 5, 2012
Lenovo K900 No sound in Skype,Viber,Hangouts

Hello . I have a lenvo k900 QuBex-ROM V8.2 flashed using mft. The problem is that i have no voice in skype and similar apps. It has a strange behavior : i can hear it ring ,but after the other person answers i can hear only 1 second, after that i can't hear anything. Also i tried some other version of skype, i made it work but only for a brief time and only on speaker . What can i do to resolve this problem

k900ap

Jul 29, 2015
Repost Please

please repost the update
i like the update but there is no file on drive
please repost qubex :)
THX!!