Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Replacement

Tip us?
 
MacGuy2006
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 659
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default [Q] Screen Replacement

Has anyone replaced the screen on the K900?

Mine cracked and I am wondering if it's easy enough to replace it.
Lenovo K900
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
iPad 4
Newton
 
X0LARIUM
Old
#2  
X0LARIUM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 692
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuy2006 View Post
Has anyone replaced the screen on the K900?

Mine cracked and I am wondering if it's easy enough to replace it.
All you need to do is Google:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-LCD...-/310708575232


http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...863618707.html


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd4HY9nG1R4

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

These are just the top three searches..there's the entire web world...
 
MacGuy2006
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 659
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by X0LARIUM View Post
All you need to do is Google:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-LCD...-/310708575232


http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...863618707.html


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd4HY9nG1R4

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

These are just the top three searches..there's the entire web world...
Thanks, I've already ordered a digitizer and screen replacement.

I was wondering if there are better instructions on opening the phone somewhere? What I have found so far, including the video posted above is not too clear.
Lenovo K900
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
iPad 4
Newton
 
MacGuy2006
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 659
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuy2006 View Post
Thanks, I've already ordered a digitizer and screen replacement.

I was wondering if there are better instructions on opening the phone somewhere? What I have found so far, including the video posted above is not too clear.
What I can't tell from the videos is if you pop the screen from the front and then just push the replacement into place, or do you have to open the back and then remove the motherboard, etc..

Can't believe that there is a single video showing how to change the screen on the K900.
Lenovo K900
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
iPad 4
Newton
 
MacGuy2006
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 659
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuy2006 View Post
What I can't tell from the videos is if you pop the screen from the front and then just push the replacement into place, or do you have to open the back and then remove the motherboard, etc..

Can't believe that there is a single video showing how to change the screen on the K900.
So, nobody knows how to pop the screen out and put it back in?

Lenovo's tech support is absolutely clueless in the US, has never even heard of this phone. I haven't found any videos on the web that show how to remove the screen in any detail. Basically, there seem to be two videos floating about, one in Russian with a guy who looks like he's pulling a thread through the middle of the phone, and another video (posted above), which shows a guy opening up the back of the phone, which may or may not be needed in order to replace the screen.

But there is no information which clearly explains how to remove and replace the screen.

Anyone here seen anything?
Lenovo K900
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
iPad 4
Newton
 
mikey199
Old
#6  
mikey199's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 361
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids

 
DONATE TO ME
Back of the phone don't come off. You need to get some thin tool to go between the front screen and the bezel. Be very careful but you need to go around it and gently pry it up. Yeah not something I want to do unless it's last resort or I would add wireless charging to this phone, it sure would fix all the lousy usb ports breaking.

Sent from my Lenovo K900_ROW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mikey199 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MacGuy2006
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 659
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey199 View Post
Back of the phone don't come off. You need to get some thin tool to go between the front screen and the bezel. Be very careful but you need to go around it and gently pry it up. Yeah not something I want to do unless it's last resort or I would add wireless charging to this phone, it sure would fix all the lousy usb ports breaking.

Sent from my Lenovo K900_ROW using xda app-developers app
Thanks, mikey199. You are right, the only way to pull it apart is to pry it up.

Unfortunately, this phone is really, really cheaply made. It's the worst I've ever seen. The glass is basically stuck to the frame and parts of the board and it is virtually impossible to pull apart neatly. Seriously, this is terrible workmanship!

I am trying to clean it up and see if it is usable, but while this appears to be a "value" flagship, it's more like a $100 disposable garbage.

I am done with Lenovo
Lenovo K900
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
iPad 4
Newton
 
azarzar
Old
(Last edited by azarzar; 3rd May 2014 at 12:40 PM.)
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2013
this is how you open the K900 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YR1Hx0dWxQ

Detachment of Lenovo K900 Phone :
http://www.igadgetnews.com/2013/07/2...vo-k900-phone/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more