Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP ROM for Lenovo P780

Tip us?

Dagon84
Old
(Last edited by Dagon84; 8th July 2014 at 08:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirpeknots View Post
I tried this.

Great looking clean rom. Unworkable though.

First installed VIBEUI_P780_ST_1423.ZIP via SP flash tool on computer to make it from ROW to Chinese. Booted once. Then installed this 1.8 rom.

Regrettable: Got some issues that make it unusable for me.
- Unable to authenticate on google. Due to this you can not use google play and install apps.
- Installing google apps with twrp does not fix the issue.
- When I download something with the builtin webbrowser the downloaded file is no where to be found. I can not change the location where the downloader puts its file. When you click on the downloaded file link I get a response that the file is not found.

This is bad news because I realy like the clean look of this rom.
I wrote you an email with my solution, that I will paste here fore everyone else:

- I installed Vibe UI with Flashtools, just booted to check it then I rebooted in recovery. I didn't put any google account on it.
- From recovery I installed the AOSP 1.8 4.4.2
- At the first boot I get this 2 messages: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and I can't go on seting up the phone.
- Back in recovery tried a wipe to factory settings, it works, so I enter in the O.S.

Then
- Once in the O.S. I cant get to login in my Google Accounts, I get "there was a problem communicating with Google Servers"
- Back in recovery tried another wipe to factory settings, it DOES NOT works.
- From recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the AOSP 1.8, it DOES NOT works.
- Downloaded the GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip, it DOES NOT works.
- So i was tired, and I installed from recovery SLX v26a CHINA.
- In SLX v26 I tried to log in with Google Play, and I logged in with success.
- Back in recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the SLX v26 china.
- Booting the AOSP 1.8, Google Play icon and files exist, but in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT there is no option to put a Google Account (only standard EMAIL ICON) and if you try adding it from Google Play, it crashes.
- Again, back in recovery, I Installed again GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip
- Still in recovery, I tried a Wipe to Factory
- Back in the O.S. I tried to add an account in Settings->Accounts, and finally it works.

I found GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip on XDA but i cant remember the address of the discussion. Mine was of size of 47.4 MB not the one of 50 MB, the second ones gave me an error in recovery.
Here there is the file from my GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwG...it?usp=sharing
My WebSite: www.FrancescoDeRosa.net
If my help was appreciated, please press the thanks button!
Find me on G+

Kirpeknots
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon84 View Post
I wrote you an email with my solution, that I will paste here fore everyone else:

Ok, here there are my steps and tries:

Thanks!

I confirm that this solution fixed it for me too.
Wipe Factory settings.
Install the 47.4mb GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip with TWRP.

Go!

No i am looking for a change of modem/baseband. The one included in this rom has really bad reception on my DATA sim in SIM slot 1. I used V23_modem.S920.for.P780.zip in the past on the V21b SLXrom so lets try that first.

Dagon84
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirpeknots View Post
Thanks!

I confirm that this solution fixed it for me too.
Wipe Factory settings.
Install the 47.4mb GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip with TWRP.

Go!
You are welcome.

Quote:
No i am looking for a change of modem/baseband. The one included in this rom has really bad reception on my DATA sim in SIM slot 1. I used V23_modem.S920.for.P780.zip in the past on the V21b SLXrom so lets try that first.
Didn't tried yet to change the Basebande on the kitkat roms.
Now i'm on Vibe 1.5 with bb v101, but I know that in italy works pretty weel the BB v16 and v52.