Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Service [RECOVERY] Multiple Recoveries for Lenovo P780 - CN (4Gb) version - model 2013

OP carliv

5th December 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag εїз
Thanks Meter: 3,924

752 posts
Donate to Me
As the title says, these are for Lenovo P780 Chinese version with 4Gb ROM, and model 2013 (not the new 2014). I don't have other versions of the phone and so I can't offer solutions for them.
All these are all built by me from source, tested and are working very well.

JELLYBEAN (Android 4.2.1 or 4.2.2) version:
  1. Modified clockworkmod (non-touch). With extra menus and functions. Aroma file manager support.
    Screenshots here. * Download it here.
  2. Carliv Touch Recovery version 2.7 - full touch CWM based Recovery. Many extra functions.

KITKAT (Android 4.4.x) version:
  1. Modified clockworkmod (non-touch). With extra menus and functions. Aroma file manager support.
  2. Carliv Touch Recovery version 3.0 - full touch CWM based Recovery. Many extra functions.
  3. TWRP Recovery version 2.7.1.0 - full touch.
    Screenshots here. * Download it here. <<< If you don't like MTP feature from last TWRP (2.8), this one has the good old USB Mass Storage mode only.
  4. TWRP Recovery version 2.8.4.0 - full touch.
    Screenshots here. * Download it here. <<<Screenshots are from 2.8.3.0 but visual there is no difference (in 2.8.4.0 adb sideload is fixed).
  5. PhilZ Touch Recovery version 6.59.0 - full touch CWM based Recovery. Many extra functions.

In addition I'm offering the stock kitkat recovery (from readback the kitkat firmware), which seems to be a modified version of miui recovery, for those people who need it.
Download it here.

Also there is a zip for install Aroma File Manager. Download AromaFM_installer.zip and flash it as it is in recovery - it will install aroma file manager for my CWM modded and CTR recoveries (both jb and kk).
Aroma installer is attached to this post.

If you want to say "Thanks!" this is how you can do it:
  • Press the "Thanks" button.
  • Make a donation and "buy me some coffee".
  • Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in my threads.
  • Advertise my work to your friends.
  • Rate my thread with 5 stars.
Either way of support you choose is highly appreciated, but it's not expected!

Attached Files
File Type: zip AromaFM_installer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.52 MB, 108 views)
Last edited by carliv; 16th January 2015 at 10:26 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 369

792 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carliv

As the title says, these are for Lenovo P780 Chinese version with 4Gb ROM, and model 2013 (not the new 2014). I don't have other versions of the phone and so I can't offer solutions for them.
All these are all built by me from source, tested and are working very well.

JELLYBEAN (Android 4.2.1 or 4.2.2) version:

Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/jZ81n#0 * Download it here.
  2. Carliv Touch Recovery version 2.7 - full touch CWM based Recovery. Many extra functions.
    Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/Dl2RS * Download it here.

KITKAT (Android 4.4.x) version:
    This come in two variants: the one with "sw" in name is for those people who don't have or don't want to use internal sdcard as main sdcard (/storage/sdcard0) and it has defined as main sdcard the external sdcard.
    Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/I8Sp0 * Download it here. * Download sw version here.
  2. Carliv Touch Recovery version 3.0 - full touch CWM based Recovery. Many extra functions.
    This also come in two variants: the one with "sw" in name is for those people who don't have or don't want to use internal sdcard as main sdcard (/storage/sdcard0) and it has defined as main sdcard the external sdcard.
    Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/iOdhx * Download it here. * Download sw version here.
  3. TWRP Recovery version 2.7.1.0 - full touch. Doesn't work partition sdcard - have to be removed to make it fit in 6Mb partition size.
    In screenshots there is version 2.7.0.0, but they looks the same.
    Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/Xf8MQ * Download it here.

In addition I'm offering the stock kitkat recovery (from readback the kitkat firmware), which seems to be a modified version of miui recovery, for those people who need it.
Download it here.

Also there is a zip for install Aroma File Manager. Download AromaFM_installer.zip and flash it as it is in recovery - it will install aroma file manager for my CWM modded and CTR recoveries (both jb and kk).
Aroma installer is attached to this post.
If you find my work valuable, don't take it and use it, just show some appreciation by hitting the Thanks button.

Nice. Thanks for your good work.

Edit:

All of you users who download this custom recovery, if you dont post at least press thanks button Carliv. He or her at least will know that this cool recoveries work on your phones.
Last edited by stympy; 16th January 2015 at 08:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stympy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
btw, which ones is for Row based and CN Based?
10th January 2015, 04:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag εїз

752 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny210183

btw, which ones is for Row based and CN Based?

As the title and first line from OP says, all are for CN based, 4Gb 2013 version.
The Following User Says Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 10:37 PM   |  #5  

792 posts
Quote:

As the title and first line from OP says, all are for CN based, 4Gb 2013 version.

Hi Carliv. Can you write a tutorial for us here how to creeate or to compile a recovery like you did, what tools do we need etc etc ?
Thanks !
11th January 2015, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag εїз

752 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Hi Carliv. Can you write a tutorial for us here how to creeate or to compile a recovery like you did, what tools do we need etc etc ?
Thanks !

I already did that last year here.
Or you can follow this one to port one of my recoveries from this thread to your P780 version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2015, 08:00 AM   |  #7  

792 posts
Quote:

I already did that last year here.
Or you can follow this one to port one of my recoveries from this thread to your P780 version.

Ups... My mistake... For not searching. Thank you.

Sent from my SMT TAB 704DC using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to stympy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 08:44 PM   |  #8  

792 posts
TWRP Recovery version 2.8.3.0 - full touch is good for Baralajbi ROM v 2.0 from NeedRom site. Tested by me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stympy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2015, 06:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag Peace
Thanks Meter: 82

695 posts
More
Carliv recovery work fine for my p780 8gb kit/cn base. Idk its 2013 or 2014.

Sent from my Lenovo P780
The Following User Says Thank You to cupliz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2015, 07:43 AM   |  #10  
Flag εїз

752 posts
Donate to Me
I need more feedback to remove version (year and board) compatibility. If more users test these in different P780 versions and found they're working I can delete the year (2013) and board (CN/ROW) compatibility, and I will call it universal. But now, even I see many downloads, there isn't much feedback. Also, judging after number of Thanks, I can presume it's not working for most of them, otherwise I can't understand why they can't come back to say thanks for someone's work they're using, except if they are rude; but I think xda users are well educated people and this is not the case.

PS: If it's not working for a specific P780 version, then any of you post here a stock boot and recovery image, and the dumchar_info content from phone, and I can adapt it to that version too.

The Following User Says Thank You to carliv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carliv, cwm, p780, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread