FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[GUIDE] No IMEI, No Baseband, No Backup? - SOLUTION

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 447

By soralz, Senior Member on 7th March 2014, 07:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
No IMEI, No Baseband, No Backup? - SOLUTION ~ Soft Bricked from No IMEI, No Baseband, No RIL, No WiFi MAC, BT MAC, comms etc.

DISCLAIMER:
*What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Preface:
Recently I have noticed many people who tried to flash Custom ROM's on P780 and causes the phone to lose IMEI, Baseband, RIL, WiFi MAC, BT MAC, SN, comms etc. and causes connectivity issues (including me), which renders our phone turned into a "AndroidPod" media device that cannot make calls, SMS etc. As an example, my phone which faced the exactly same problem.

See the IMEI and baseband are still there in factory mode!!!

What could cause this is problem to occur is probably during ROM flashing process, the installer probably wiped out the /data/nvram (folder/partition). The /data/nvram (folder/partition) is the heart of your phone of all communicating feature, if the (folder/partition) is corrupted, just like I said, no communication features.
*Actually the baseband is there, but because the /nvram (folder/partition) has corrupted, the Android OS were unable to recognize it thus showing Unknown.

So no backup = Phone dead? Nothing but a media player?
First step, ensure your phone:
  • On Stock ROM
  • Rooted
  • PC have ADB drivers installed (If you don't have it please ask Uncle Google )
Well, that isn't true, recently I found out, the phone can actually be easily recovered (on most MediaTek devices) and gain at least those comm features back by simply delete the whole /nvram (folder/partiton). If your phone coldn't recognize SIM card, wait a while after deleted the folder, your phone should have signal after maximum 10 seconds of waiting.

*In most of the cases MobileUncleTools give AT command failed to send probably the /nvram folder is corrupted, simply delete the NVRAM folder and reboot will do.

For WiFi MAC address fix (WiFi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10), because the solution already been posted, so please click here.

Bluetooth MAC address fix: Firstly, using any File Explorer with Root abilities navigate to /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB/BT_Addr and also a BT_Addr file under /data, then copy both files to your PC. Then open up the file by using Hex Editor (HHD Hex Editor). To fix a static MAC address, just simply type in your MAC address on the first row (0000) from column (00-05). That is what your MAC address should be (Edit both files with the same MAC address). After you have modified it, put it back in the exact location and remember to change permission.

Actually you can also get restore your IMEI, WiFi MAC, BT MAC, SN by restoring a backup created by MTKDroidTools with other exact same model as your phone.
Last edited by zelendel; 10th August 2015 at 02:24 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to soralz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th March 2014, 07:28 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Reserved.
The Following User Says Thank You to soralz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 08:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lenovo p780 dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz

Reserved.

By using uncle tool, i flash recovery file and my phone lost sim card features, and work like tablet. later i did once again with another recovery file, now my phone did not start it just appear "lenovo" for 10 second and blank screen for 10 seconds. how i can restore my phone?
13th June 2014, 08:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 525

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aavama

By using uncle tool, i flash recovery file and my phone lost sim card features, and work like tablet. later i did once again with another recovery file, now my phone did not start it just appear "lenovo" for 10 second and blank screen for 10 seconds. how i can restore my phone?

Just reflash your rom again. Look on my posts on Q&A posts.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with LiFe v.07 and TWRP 2.6.3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to stympy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 03:46 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

More
Quote:

If not working after you've reflash the ROM, try delete the /nvram folder. Make a backup of the folder first with MTKDroidTools before delete!!!. (Although it is corrupted)
The Following User Says Thank You to soralz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 09:53 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

actually mobile in bootloop mod. doest not start
and also how to flash in right way. I have s123 version
14th June 2014, 10:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

actually mobile in bootloop mod. doest not start
and also how to flash in right way. I have s123 version

Best way how to flash any ROM is using PC and SP flash tools.,
The Following User Says Thank You to lenovo P780 Life 07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 10:30 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Just reflash your rom again. Look on my posts on Q&A posts.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with LiFe v.07 and TWRP 2.6.3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenovo P780 Life 07

Best way how to flash any ROM is using PC and SP flash tools.,

can u post link to flash tool?
thanks
14th June 2014, 11:43 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

can u post link to flash tool?
thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...guide-t2658144
14th June 2014, 12:18 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenovo P780 Life 07

http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...guide-t2658144

my phone did not on
its on boot loop mode so not able to use uncle tool. and in flash mode I did not find scatter file. where it is located?
thanks once agian
14th June 2014, 12:59 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

my phone did not on
its on boot loop mode so not able to use uncle tool. and in flash mode I did not find scatter file. where it is located?
thanks once agian

Scatter file is usually inside the unzipped ROM and has name : MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, read this link before once again.
U can try use small red button near memory card.
But I speaking here about flashing ROM from PC and SP flash tools not mobil uncle.
Last edited by lenovo P780 Life 07; 14th June 2014 at 01:04 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mtk no baseband, mtk no imei, no sim detected
Previous Thread Next Thread