Post Reply

Lenovo P780 Rooting, CWM & ROMs

OP zainal2adidin

9th November 2013, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Hi All!

Since this is my first tutorial, I am asking xda-developers' seniors' permission to post this.

I managed to root and install ROM on my P780, and I notice that there is no simple tutorial to root or/and install CWM and ROMs, so I thought why don't I do my own simple tutorial, especially for beginners like me?

1. ROOTING

Actually, rooting is simple for this phone. I used Framaroot for my phone. Thanks to Alephzain (search Alephzain framaroot in xda-developers forum). Just download Framaroot 1.6.1 from his tutorial, install it, and follow the instruction. Simple.

2. CWM

I know there's a lot of easy ways out there, but I used Mobileuncle for mine. Open PlayStore, search for Mobileuncle MTK Tools, download, install. You can get many CWM 6.1 img type out there for P780 (sorry I'm denied to post links), put it inside your SDcard. Then, open Mobile uncle, tap Recovery update, find your img file name. To find out there's CWM installed, just reboot to CWM when finished, or press volume up + volume down + power button when phone turned off.

3. ROM

I managed to find many available roms in needrom site. Some use CWM and some use Flashtool. I don't know, but I failed all ROMs that use CWM, so I'll tell you how to use Flash tool.

First, download flashtool and MTK drivers on your PC (I use Windows 7). Then, download your desired ROMs or stock ROM. There are direct links in the needrom site. Just register to see the links.

Install MTK drivers first. Then run Flashtool. click scatter-loading. Find MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in the downloaded ROM folder. Make sure DA DL All With Check Sum box is checked. Click firmware upgrade. Turn off phone. Connect via USB.

Wait until finished. (Green Circle Pop Up Window). Done. Restart phone.

Hope it helps. Press thank if I helped.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to zainal2adidin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2013, 12:48 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainal2adidin

Hi All!

Since this is my first tutorial, I am asking xda-developers' seniors' permission to post this.

I managed to root and install ROM on my P780, and I notice that there is no simple tutorial to root or/and install CWM and ROMs, so I thought why don't I do my own simple tutorial, especially for beginners like me?

1. ROOTING

Actually, rooting is simple for this phone. I used Framaroot for my phone. Thanks to Alephzain (search Alephzain framaroot in xda-developers forum). Just download Framaroot 1.6.1 from his tutorial, install it, and follow the instruction. Simple.

2. CWM

I know there's a lot of easy ways out there, but I used Mobileuncle for mine. Open PlayStore, search for Mobileuncle MTK Tools, download, install. You can get many CWM 6.1 img type out there for P780 (sorry I'm denied to post links), put it inside your SDcard. Then, open Mobile uncle, tap Recovery update, find your img file name. To find out there's CWM installed, just reboot to CWM when finished, or press volume up + volume down + power button when phone turned off.

3. ROM

I managed to find many available roms in needrom site. Some use CWM and some use Flashtool. I don't know, but I failed all ROMs that use CWM, so I'll tell you how to use Flash tool.

First, download flashtool and MTK drivers on your PC (I use Windows 7). Then, download your desired ROMs or stock ROM. There are direct links in the needrom site. Just register to see the links.

Install MTK drivers first. Then run Flashtool. click scatter-loading. Find MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in the downloaded ROM folder. Make sure DA DL All With Check Sum box is checked. Click firmware upgrade. Turn off phone. Connect via USB.

Wait until finished. (Green Circle Pop Up Window). Done. Restart phone.

Hope it helps. Press thank if I helped.

nice and deep explanation, thanks for your sharing
I really hope this smartphone gets developers attention
The Following User Says Thank You to fikhyda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2013, 06:28 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Lightbulb
lenovo or some others gift reputed developers like ravi kiran cg a lenovo p 780. i really want to buy this phone but no developer support for it is a great bummer.
15th November 2013, 03:30 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
i am about to buy this phone...i do hope we could help each other out in improving this phone support
24th November 2013, 02:21 PM   |  #5  
encik_racun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
904 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
If u from malaysia and can read malay, u can copy all my P780 tuto's here

http://www.lepakspot.com/showthread....d=3567#pid3567

More to come just need more support from P780 users

Edit: i only share the stable official ROW 119 (world) rom in it
Last edited by encik_racun; 24th November 2013 at 02:23 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to encik_racun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
ROM
Has somebody tried this

ht_tp://kitkatjellybeanj.blogkats.com/2013/09/upgradeupdate-lenovo-p780-to-44-kitkat.html
Last edited by lenovoOwner; 25th November 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: It's a fake webpage
27th November 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 17
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakanto

lenovo or some others gift reputed developers like ravi kiran cg a lenovo p 780. i really want to buy this phone but no developer support for it is a great bummer.

That's what I'm saying. It looks like the only long-use device with developer support are the MAXX line of devices from Motorola. But those are all Verizon exclusive, and I'm on T-Mobile here in the US. Also, the older devices use OMAP chips, which have also lost almost all support from everyone.
28th November 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainal2adidin

Hi All!

2. CWM

I know there's a lot of easy ways out there, but I used Mobileuncle for mine. Open PlayStore, search for Mobileuncle MTK Tools, download, install. You can get many CWM 6.1 img type out there for P780 (sorry I'm denied to post links), put it inside your SDcard. Then, open Mobile uncle, tap Recovery update, find your img file name. To find out there's CWM installed, just reboot to CWM when finished, or press volume up + volume down + power button when phone turned off.

Thank you for your tutorial !

I have a problem on Step 2, I open Mobileuncle, download the P780 CWM image, reboot, but everything is in Chinese :|
How can I find an english version ?

L.E. Found it here:
http://www.lepakspot.com/showthread....d=3567#pid3567
Last edited by zangaby; 29th November 2013 at 01:48 PM.
29th November 2013, 01:46 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by encik_racun

If u from malaysia and can read malay, u can copy all my P780 tuto's here

http://www.lepakspot.com/showthread....d=3567#pid3567

More to come just need more support from P780 users

Edit: i only share the stable official ROW 119 (world) rom in it

You have a great tutorial there, but if it's not too much to ask, can you post also an english version of it (google translate does a pretty poor job)?
I can offer support as P780 user
26th December 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Hi Guys... Will it support Indian languages?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes