Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Official Stock ROM do you prefer / like?
Stock ROW based 51 58.62%
Stock China based 0 0%
Vibe UI (China based) 17 19.54%
Custom ROM (MIUI, Lewa, SLX etc.) 25 28.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

[STOCK ROM] Lenovo P780 Official Stock + Vibe ROM's & Guides

Tip us?

da_undead
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the detailed writeup !

jasogale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cannot install CMW or TWRP

Hi there, i am trying to install CMW or TWRP firmware using MobileUncle tools but when I select an image and proceed to reboot, i get bootloops.

What am i doing wrong?

OpenMinded
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz View Post
From the website, I can confirmed it's provided by Lenovo. And I've edited post #2.

If wanna flash directly via recovery, I will suggest you will need to change to China based ROM S125 and above before flashing Vibe ROM (If you coming from International ROW ROM) and make a full backup of your stock ROM, this is because Vibe ROM is China based, no Gapps or root included by default, and have a lot of Lenovo bloatwares, but it also includes some amazing features and apps as well.

I take so many precaution with IMEI issues this is because last time I bricked my P780, so now I make a full backup in case if anything goes wrong.

Regarding about WCDMA 900MHz networks, I have no idea, probably it's hardware based limitation. If the hardware supports 900MHz networks then it should be working on 900MHz networks.

4.4 KitKat, no idea.
Both my Chinese and European P780 do not show 900mhz band enabled on Viberom.

I think it is the baseband that is included in the ROM.

airagis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Problem!!!My lenovo p780 is dead(i have no backup) after rooting

Hello guys!I NEED YOUR HELP!!!my lenovo p780 is dead after trying to boot with probably wrong rom. is not doing anything except one red led that is lighting when i connect it to pc.to the device manager when the phone is connected i can see to the PORTS a driver mediatek da usb vcom port.I can not flash it again and to the flash tool when i run new flashing i take an error (4032).i saw a video to youtube how to fix error (4032) for all chinese phones but can not help me cause i dont have backup files and the firmware.info file or anything else!i tried all the ways by pushing the volume and on/of bottoms and also the way that exist first to this topic and in general everything that i can find in internet but no way!the phone is just DEAD!please i need your help if somebody knows something or can give me backup files or etc.THANX anyway

alsat1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by airagis View Post
Hello guys!I NEED YOUR HELP!!!my lenovo p780 is dead after trying to boot with probably wrong rom. is not doing anything except one red led that is lighting when i connect it to pc.to the device manager when the phone is connected i can see to the PORTS a driver mediatek da usb vcom port.I can not flash it again and to the flash tool when i run new flashing i take an error (4032).i saw a video to youtube how to fix error (4032) for all chinese phones but can not help me cause i dont have backup files and the firmware.info file or anything else!i tried all the ways by pushing the volume and on/of bottoms and also the way that exist first to this topic and in general everything that i can find in internet but no way!the phone is just DEAD!please i need your help if somebody knows something or can give me backup files or etc.THANX anyway

Mayby try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=21
Tags
p780 backup, p780 recovery, p780 root, p780 stock rom, p780 vibe rom