[Q] No contiunous reception on both sim cards

Search This thread

katalinush

Mar 31, 2010
Hello. I just baught that phone from china so I think is china version and it have 4 gb of memory. I practically can't use it because both sim cards are continuously disconnect from the operator network. I am trying to use it in Romania. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Any idea about what can I do? Thank in advance!

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hello. I just baught that phone from china so I think is china version and it have 4 gb of memory. I practically can't use it because both sim cards are continuously disconnect from the operator network. I am trying to use it in Romania. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Any idea about what can I do? Thank in advance!

What ROM or modem do you use? And what operator: Vodafone, Orange,Cosmote,Digi?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using P780 ROW S221 140729

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Baseband version is P780.V52.2013/11/06 11:17 and build number is P780_136_140306. I need to use it with Cosmote and Orange providers. Thanks.

Hmm... Seems to me your phone is bought and produced in 2014. Try to do this:
1. Flash 124 ROW ROM with a custom preloader you will find around here.
2. Then do OTA update.
3. The update will install for your phone ROW( rest of the world) modem. For me worked(pentru mine a mers :D).
4. PM me iff this don't work.

katalinush

Mar 31, 2010
Hmm... Seems to me your phone is bought and produced in 2014. Try to do this:
1. Flash 124 ROW ROM with a custom preloader you will find around here.
2. Then do OTA update.
3. The update will install for your phone ROW( rest of the world) modem. For me worked(pentru mine a mers :D).
4. PM me iff this don't work.

I flashed 124ROW and now my phone is dead :( I only can enter the recovery mode. Any sugestions? Thanks!

katalinush

Mar 31, 2010
Finally, after many hours for trying many rom's this one made my day :D 'P780 4.4.2 1423 ST Pure GAPPS ROOT' . With this ROM both my SIM cards work like a charm and finally i can use my new Lenovo phone. Many thanks to our colleague Stympy!!!

rajucs2005

Sep 14, 2014
pune
sim2 unreachable p780_8G_ROW_S124_140403

Ok ill PM you for further information.

Hi
I am new to android and recently bought p780 and exactly facing similar problem. When someone try to call me on sim2 number they receive msg PHONE UNREACHABLE not sure what is wrong wid handset...tried exploring this forum ppl r recommending modem upgrade but not sure for my handset which modem is required. So far signal strength shows gud for both sim and i can make outgoing call from sim2 without any problem. Few details which i can share for my handset INDIA:
SIM1 : VODAFONE 3G DATA CONNECTION ACTIVE
SIM2 : IDEA 2G
SIM2 IS USED FOR PRIMARY CALLING AND SIM1 FOR DATA USAGE
Model : P780_ROW
Andoid version :
Baseband version :p780_8G_ROW_S124_140403

Any advice is highly appreciated as a workaround call diverting is activated on unreacable.Thanks

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hi
I am new to android and recently bought p780 and exactly facing similar problem. When someone try to call me on sim2 number they receive msg PHONE UNREACHABLE not sure what is wrong wid handset...tried exploring this forum ppl r recommending modem upgrade but not sure for my handset which modem is required. So far signal strength shows gud for both sim and i can make outgoing call from sim2 without any problem. Few details which i can share for my handset INDIA:
SIM1 : VODAFONE 3G DATA CONNECTION ACTIVE
SIM2 : IDEA 2G
SIM2 IS USED FOR PRIMARY CALLING AND SIM1 FOR DATA USAGE
Model : P780_ROW
Andoid version :
Baseband version :p780_8G_ROW_S124_140403

Any advice is highly appreciated as a workaround call diverting is activated on unreacable.Thanks

Did you tried to do a firmware upgrade ? OTA update ?

rajucs2005

Sep 14, 2014
pune
Did you tried to do a firmware upgrade ? OTA update ?

Thanks for reply.
I havnt tried for upgrade. Its a brand new handset and kitkat update is not stable.
Unreachable is not very frequent. My frnd upgraded to kitkat and not suggesting me at this.moment.
Already contacted network provider idea cellular but no success.They asked me to swap sim but 3G slot is for vodafone so unable to do so.
Any other suggestiob if u have pls ?

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Thanks for reply.
I havnt tried for upgrade. Its a brand new handset and kitkat update is not stable.
Unreachable is not very frequent. My frnd upgraded to kitkat and not suggesting me at this.moment.
Already contacted network provider idea cellular but no success.They asked me to swap sim but 3G slot is for vodafone so unable to do so.

I dont know what to say. New handset? I did not think so. I have this phone since last year. Try to root it with framaroot and change modems. You will find alot of modems in my post called: How about some modems.

Sent from my Lenovo P780

Reactions: rajucs2005

rajucs2005

Sep 14, 2014
pune
I dont know what to say. New handset? I did not think so. I have this phone since last year. Try to root it with framaroot and change modems. You will find alot of modems in my post called: How about some modems.

Sent from my Lenovo P780
Thanks for your response. So it will.be on experimenting modems but it will be simply trial and hit and risky especially wid a new handset nd im a newcomer. I have already returned one lenevo p780 and this is my second p780. Is there any reference mapping like against which model version compatible with which modem version. Anyways thanks again.

stympy

Feb 15, 2010
Constanta
Lenovo P780
Samsung Galaxy A71
Thanks for your response. So it will.be on experimenting modems but it will be simply trial and hit and risky especially wid a new handset nd im a newcomer. I have already returned one lenevo p780 and this is my second p780. Is there any reference mapping like against which model version compatible with which modem version. Anyways thanks again.

In my post How about some modems you will find modems software for Android 4.2.2 and Android 4.4.2.

miko82

Oct 25, 2014
coverege problem

hello! i have lenovo p780 model 2013chinese version. i've chenged the roms several times including the ROW version i fixed the coverege problems with changing the baseband and everything was ok until the last time i've updated it with 4.4.2.since then i've got very bad coverege. i installed the original rom s125 try any baseband but no change.and also ive got the message nvram warning:err=0x10 in the wlan networks menu.if anyone got similar problem and solved it pls HELP! :p)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed 124ROW and now my phone is dead :( I only can enter the recovery mode. Any sugestions? Thanks!

Ok ill PM you for further information.
    Thanks for reply.

Sent from my Lenovo P780