Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How To Remove Stock Messaging App?

Tip us?

dantemia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How To Remove Stock Messaging App?

Hi, I'm using Go SMS Pro to replace the stock messaging app. Now I have two notification everytime receiving sms...
Do anyone know how to remove the stock msg app? I've tried using titanium backup but I couldn't find any app related to messaging.

I really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this problem coz it getting very annoying with double sms notification.

Thanks

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemia View Post
Hi, I'm using Go SMS Pro to replace the stock messaging app. Now I have two notification everytime receiving sms...
Do anyone know how to remove the stock msg app? I've tried using titanium backup but I couldn't find any app related to messaging.

I really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this problem coz it getting very annoying with double sms notification.

Thanks
What ROM do you use?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

dantemia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Stock rom

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Free mobile app

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Stock rom

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Free mobile app
Ideafriend.apk is the app who manage your mesages. It allso manages your dialer and contacts. Do a backup with titaniumbackup and try to remove with some root uninstaller tool. Allways Make Backup. And one more thing... Try to install one custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.

dantemia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank bro, i already make back up with cwm. If i remove this ideafriend app wouldn't it be some kind of problem with dialer n contact? Is there any way to remove only msg app?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Thank bro, i already make back up with cwm. If i remove this ideafriend app wouldn't it be some kind of problem with dialer n contact? Is there any way to remove only msg app?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW
I dont think so...

Android5011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been through some serious root problems. When I root successfully. I have flash cook rom 4.2 JB and memory partitions in the device's successful I lost root. Luckily I have TWRP 2.5.0.0. Then I tried to re-root your device by supersu.zip but without success. I also use framaroot failed. I finally copied the su binary file in system / xbin and copy files supersu.apk in system / app but I still can not get root. So how to root this device. My device is lenovo-p770 rom: 4.2 JB

Sent from my LENOVO P770 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stympy
Old
(Last edited by stympy; 10th May 2014 at 10:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android5011 View Post
I've been through some serious root problems. When I root successfully. I have flash cook rom 4.2 JB and memory partitions in the device's successful I lost root. Luckily I have TWRP 2.5.0.0. Then I tried to re-root your device by supersu.zip but without success. I also use framaroot failed. I finally copied the su binary file in system / xbin and copy files supersu.apk in system / app but I still can not get root. So how to root this device. My device is lenovo-p770 rom: 4.2 JB

Sent from my LENOVO P770 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi. Did you set the permitions read write to your su binary and supersu apk?

Set like that with root explorer:
SuperSU
To Read colomn
Mark owner
Mark group
Mark others

To Write colomn
Mark Write

Su Binary
To Read colomn mark all
To Write colomn mark owner
To Execute mark all