Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Lenovo P780 not tunring on bricked dead not switching on not booting

OP dead soul

8th May 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #11  
stympy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead soul

I tried what you said and after fiddling for a while the phone managed to get detected by the SP Flash Tool then it got flashed by the SP Flash Tool for some reason a yellow circle came up and the USB seemed like it got disconnected automatically

i just left the machine and the phone+SP Flash tool as they are hoping to get that green circle.. bu nothing happen !!! phone is black screen just like dead... after fiddling again multiple times with key cobinations .. i managed to get it boot with the below procedure

pressed the small reset button, press both volume up and down + power button altogether then released the small red button for after maybe around 10 seconds and while the others are pressed !! then the phone booted !!

and ontop of that it booted with the lenovo logo and the slogan i believe "for thos who do" stayed for a while kinda flashing itself i think.. but no progress bar.. I almost thought i was on some boot loop maybe or soft brick but luckily it booted into the russian Life ROM I flashed after that phone went to homes screen and just died again !!!!!!!!!!!

im thinking maybe it may be a hardware issue?? or ??

Hi ! When Life ROM is flashing, no progres barr appears. Did you tried to remain on Life rom ? At least for a week ? Before you go in a service store try to stay with Life and iff this bug appears again go to service store.
9th May 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #12  
dead soul's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Hi ! When Life ROM is flashing, no progres barr appears. Did you tried to remain on Life rom ? At least for a week ? Before you go in a service store try to stay with Life and iff this bug appears again go to service store.

I mean the ROM is still in there !! And the phone is just acting up again. Not booting..I think it's hardware. not software....,!! Will leave it for like a day or two and try booting it / flashing once more...oh and we have service centers my country where currently at

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #13  
stympy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Yes. Seems to me is a hardware problem. Please let me know what was the problem iff you go with the phone in service. Good luck.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to stympy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #14  
dead soul's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Yes. Seems to me is a hardware problem. Please let me know what was the problem iff you go with the phone in service. Good luck.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

Oh I meant to say we don't have a service center in my country...typo using Swype keyboard lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #15  
stympy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead soul

Oh I meant to say we don't have a service center in my country...typo using Swype keyboard lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's a big problem indeed. Try to contact the sales store. Maybe they can help you.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #16  
dead soul's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

That's a big problem indeed. Try to contact the sales store. Maybe they can help you.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

Oh I just realised you are using the same Lenovo P780.from you're signature

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
9th May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #17  
stympy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead soul

Oh I just realised you are using the same Lenovo P780.from you're signature

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes. Indeed i use very mutch this phone.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app
11th May 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #18  
dead soul's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

That's a big problem indeed. Try to contact the sales store. Maybe they can help you.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

I opened the phone today removed the battery...plugged into laptop, then did various tricks of key combinations with and without the battery still phone seems dead !! I guess the owner will send the phone back to India for repairs...or where you from do they sell motherboards for this model? If Yes can you send me website link even if it's in your local language if available want to compare prices... will use Google translator to translate if not in English

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #19  
stympy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead soul

I opened the phone today removed the battery...plugged into laptop, then did various tricks of key combinations with and without the battery still phone seems dead !! I guess the owner will send the phone back to India for repairs...or where you from do they sell motherboards for this model? If Yes can you send me website link even if it's in your local language if available want to compare prices... will use Google translator to translate if not in English

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aliexpres.com
Last edited by stympy; 12th May 2014 at 09:23 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes