Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lenovo p780-voice call issue-after update to android 4.4 kit-kat

Tip us?

kozav100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lenovo p780-voice call issue-after update to android 4.4 kit-kat

Dear Lenovo Support,

I regret to say that unfortunately I had an opportunity to update the Android version of my phone Lenovo P780 from Android 4.2.2(stock version) to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat ver. latest released by your good Company, that I have downloaded directly from the Integrated Lenovo system update over Air/Wi-Fi.

Then, just right after update installation and phone restart I immediately started experiencing worst ever problem with Voice quality transmission while talking on the phone with any of subscribers/friends/colleagues.

Nobody can hear my voice at all or hears rustling with constant voice interruptions. Very poor voice quality transmission indeed.

You are kindly requested to support my case and provide qualified instructions on how to fix this problem and avoid farther problems, as it is impossible to use the phone anymore while such problems exists.

Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance which is highly appreciated and hoping to receive your soonest reply,

Regards,

Alexander Kozubay

E-mail: kozav100@mail.ru

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozav100 View Post
Dear Lenovo Support,

I regret to say that unfortunately I had an opportunity to update the Android version of my phone Lenovo P780 from Android 4.2.2(stock version) to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat ver. latest released by your good Company, that I have downloaded directly from the Integrated Lenovo system update over Air/Wi-Fi.

Then, just right after update installation and phone restart I immediately started experiencing worst ever problem with Voice quality transmission while talking on the phone with any of subscribers/friends/colleagues.

Nobody can hear my voice at all or hears rustling with constant voice interruptions. Very poor voice quality transmission indeed.

You are kindly requested to support my case and provide qualified instructions on how to fix this problem and avoid farther problems, as it is impossible to use the phone anymore while such problems exists.

Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance which is highly appreciated and hoping to receive your soonest reply,

Regards,

Alexander Kozubay

E-mail: kozav100@mail.ru
Look in post How about some modems in the section Vibe.
Root your phone and try change modems from there. Backup first.

kozav100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reply

Dear stympy,

Thank you very much for replying to this matter.
If I get you right, this is distinctively a problem with modem, whereas the version of the modem included in general update to Kit-Kat version for users worldwide that Chinese developers Lenovo published is not compatible to work with all countries cellular network providers, particularly in my country - Ukraine and the only solution for fixing the problem is to find a compatible/proper firmware of the modem.
Please confirm.

Since, my Lenovo P780 is fixed to stock version and never been rooted before, can you please advise if root is compulsory and provide the link with step-by step guide in order to root the phone if it is compulsory to change the modem version and the link with modem versions.
Also, please advise if I will need to change for a custom rom in case of modem change etc.

Thanks again for your kind support,

Regards,

Alexander Kozubay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy View Post
Look in post How about some modems in the section Vibe.
Root your phone and try change modems from there. Backup first.

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozav100 View Post
Dear stympy,

Thank you very much for replying to this matter.
If I get you right, this is distinctively a problem with modem, whereas the version of the modem included in general update to Kit-Kat version for users worldwide that Chinese developers Lenovo published is not compatible to work with all countries cellular network providers, particularly in my country - Ukraine and the only solution for fixing the problem is to find a compatible/proper firmware of the modem.
Please confirm.

Since, my Lenovo P780 is fixed to stock version and never been rooted before, can you please advise if root is compulsory and provide the link with step-by step guide in order to root the phone if it is compulsory to change the modem version and the link with modem versions.
Also, please advise if I will need to change for a custom rom in case of modem change etc.

Thanks again for your kind support,

Regards,

Alexander Kozubay
Hi Alexander. Yes
First you must tell me if your system has been updated to KK version.Andoid 4.4.2.
Second you must tell me allso if your ROM is ROW(Rest Of the World) or Chinese.
Here is the link with how to root your phone:http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...itkat-t2835605.
This is for ROW.
Because you are from Ukraine(by the way i am sorry what is going on in your country now) here are 2 sites with two awsome comunityes from i learn alot of things:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=566352
http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/1703-l...91#entry214290

I hope this will help you alot. Good Luck.