Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Lenovo p780-voice call issue-after update to android 4.4 kit-kat

OP kozav100

16th September 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
****, I am still stuck on with USB driver Installation.
The files you have provided, I have successfully downloaded them.
When I connect the device to my laptop, the PC sees the device and asks for a driver, I have installed these drivers you provided but my laptop does not recognize them as compatible drivers saying that device is not recognised, I am stuck and I think I can not move any further because of this
17th September 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Zero results
As the result of my many hours attempts yesterday to make the phone working and recognized by the PC properly lead to zero results.
The problem with the driver. The PC detects the connected device asks for a driver, installed the drivers you have provided stympy. But Lenovo P780 icon doesn't appear in the list of devices in My Computer or Explorer or when appears after Clicking on it, does not show the content at all. Empty list.
Owning many different phones, I neved had such a problem before. All devices after short drivers installation were always recognizable at first connection.

Strange and very dissapointing.

kozav100
17th September 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 264

585 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozav100

As the result of my many hours attempts yesterday to make the phone working and recognized by the PC properly lead to zero results.
The problem with the driver. The PC detects the connected device asks for a driver, installed the drivers you have provided stympy. But Lenovo P780 icon doesn't appear in the list of devices in My Computer or Explorer or when appears after Clicking on it, does not show the content at all. Empty list.
Owning many different phones, I neved had such a problem before. All devices after short drivers installation were always recognizable at first connection.

Strange and very dissapointing.

kozav100

Hi. The computer with windows installed recognize this piece of hardware for just a second in device manager. I have windows 7 installed and when i connect the phone some autorun starts with the driver. Your phone does that ?
10th October 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Attempts for phone root with intention to change the modem
Dear stympy and the rest of to whom it may concern,

Writing again to submit my dissapointment that has no positivie results at all. Not able to root, install TWRP or any other ROM Manager software etc...nothing!
Would like to specify that I have a Lenovo P780 device with 4 GB memory and most likely a device for sale on Chinese markets as labels on the cover box of the phone and stickers under the back cover are in Chinese language.
Although, the device I bought from a seller as new device was upgraded to a firmware he said, in fact I do update my firmware over air which is designated for the "Rest of the World" (as per Settings info.).
I go through the step-by-step guide written by stympy and I am stuck with SP Flash Tools software.. I tried using the SP Flash Tools as per the guide while the phone is in switched on and off conditions but the utility does nothing to the phone, as if it the phone is not recognized by SP Flash Tools.
When I connect the phone to the PC in the switched off condition I get the message thatn an as USB device not recognized asking for a driver (I browse to the drivers folder indicating the correct driver initially it was recognized and now not anymore) but when I Connect the phone to the PC in the switched on condition then phone is fine, immediately get recognized and I get access to the Internal Memory and SD Card content.
Very, very strange and ridiculous behaviour.
Same problem actuall to other PC connected with my Lenovo P780.
I wonder if there is another way to root my phone and change modem firmware. Please keep me advised accordingly,
Thanks a lot for your support

kozav100
12th October 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #15  

585 posts
Quote:

Dear stympy and the rest of to whom it may concern,

Writing again to submit my dissapointment that has no positivie results at all. Not able to root, install TWRP or any other ROM Manager software etc...nothing!
Would like to specify that I have a Lenovo P780 device with 4 GB memory and most likely a device for sale on Chinese markets as labels on the cover box of the phone and stickers under the back cover are in Chinese language.
Although, the device I bought from a seller as new device was upgraded to a firmware he said, in fact I do update my firmware over air which is designated for the "Rest of the World" (as per Settings info.).
I go through the step-by-step guide written by stympy and I am stuck with SP Flash Tools software.. I tried using the SP Flash Tools as per the guide while the phone is in switched on and off conditions but the utility does nothing to the phone, as if it the phone is not recognized by SP Flash Tools.
When I connect the phone to the PC in the switched off condition I get the message thatn an as USB device not recognized asking for a driver (I browse to the drivers folder indicating the correct driver initially it was recognized and now not anymore) but when I Connect the phone to the PC in the switched on condition then phone is fine, immediately get recognized and I get access to the Internal Memory and SD Card content.
Very, very strange and ridiculous behaviour.
Same problem actuall to other PC connected with my Lenovo P780.
I wonder if there is another way to root my phone and change modem firmware. Please keep me advised accordingly,
Thanks a lot for your support

kozav100

Hi. Lets try this trick :
1. Look on the internet for this app called 1 Mobile Market apk
2. Download and install.
3. There you will find alot of chinese app for rooting.
4. Install and try to root your phone.
5. If you succeed instal Mobileuncle Tool and flash TWRP recovery from there.
6. After this you can flash modems
7. Good luck.
8. Waiting for feedback.

Sent from my Lenovo P780
13th October 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
SUCCEEDED!!!
I am back with good news. I managed, I managed!!!! Yeeehaaaa!!!!

I managed to flash TWRP and root by the method you have described above stympy.
Now, what I was doing wrong is that upon running SP Flash Tools software I was connecting the phone with USB Cable before pressing the Download Not Firmware upgrade button and NOT AFTER as advised (1) and my second fault is that I used only one scatter file coming together with TWRP and recovery.img.
I have succeeded flashing with the alternative scatter files for 4 GB version.
Check with Root checker - device rooted!!
Now, going further I have put the model firmware as "modem_P780_V23_S226_ROW" on the internal memory of the phone and will try to install it via TWRP manager.
Please advise if this firmware will not work well or work as bad as previous one, Do i just install another modem firmware on top of the installed one and that is it ?
Thanks
14th October 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #17  

585 posts
Quote:

I am back with good news. I managed, I managed!!!! Yeeehaaaa!!!!

I managed to flash TWRP and root by the method you have described above stympy.
Now, what I was doing wrong is that upon running SP Flash Tools software I was connecting the phone with USB Cable before pressing the Download Not Firmware upgrade button and NOT AFTER as advised (1) and my second fault is that I used only one scatter file coming together with TWRP and recovery.img.
I have succeeded flashing with the alternative scatter files for 4 GB version.
Check with Root checker - device rooted!!
Now, going further I have put the model firmware as "modem_P780_V23_S226_ROW" on the internal memory of the phone and will try to install it via TWRP manager.
Please advise if this firmware will not work well or work as bad as previous one, Do i just install another modem firmware on top of the installed one and that is it ?
Thanks

Hi. Yes you are right. Flash modem reboot see if works, if dont work reflash other so on and on and on.. When you flash new modem will overite the old modem.
Good Luck, and waiting for feedback.
15th October 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Modem Firmware change success
Dear stympy,

Once again writing my feedback to confirm success in modem firmware flashing, changing to "modem_P780_V23_S226_ROW". (looks to be latest one available to download and with hopes that most corrected version)
From now on the voice quality is better enough than before, the voice quality is much clearer and higher, but still not smooth enough.
During the tel.conversations on the other line, the person who I am talking to hears my speech with interruptions from time to time.
Do you think I still need to give another tries for alternative firmware ?
Please provide again the link to the folder with modem firmwares stored and also advise which firmware best suits my case.

Thanks

Regards,
kozav100
16th October 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #19  

585 posts
Quote:

Dear stympy,

Once again writing my feedback to confirm success in modem firmware flashing, changing to "modem_P780_V23_S226_ROW". (looks to be latest one available to download and with hopes that most corrected version)
From now on the voice quality is better enough than before, the voice quality is much clearer and higher, but still not smooth enough.
During the tel.conversations on the other line, the person who I am talking to hears my speech with interruptions from time to time.
Do you think I still need to give another tries for alternative firmware ?
Please provide again the link to the folder with modem firmwares stored and also advise which firmware best suits my case.

Thanks

Regards,
kozav100

Hi. You could try one more who i think is the same as v23. The modem from LiFe rom must do the job. I used both and have no problems.
Good Luck.
16th October 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
I will for sure try the firmware you have advised above.
Moreover, I proceed to receive an OTA Updates for the Android system, but taking into account the last issue with modem, understanding that it will not do any good only harm. What do you think about it ?

Regards,
kozav100

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread