Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Memory Storage

Tip us?

dhaleg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Drive [Q] Memory Storage

I purchased the P780 a few weeks ago. Although I'm happy with the phone there are a few glitches that I cannot seem to find a solution to.
1. Any images or audio files put on the external memory card are not shown in the super gallery photo viewer or google music player.
2. I have selected the external memory card as the default write disk. All the data (Whatsapp downloaded images, videos, etc, documents downloaded from the web browser) are stored on the memory card, but they cannot be seen on the photo viewers or music players etc. If I default the writing disk to the internal memory card, none of my apps installed on the external card are shown in the menu.

Is there any solution to this problem? If not, just tell me. I'll stop looking for the solution and get on with using it as is.
Thank you.

lenovo P780 Life 07
Old
(Last edited by lenovo P780 Life 07; 19th June 2014 at 10:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I never have problem with this, I am using 32 GB external micro SD and no problem. Are U talking about storage which has phone only or included SD card?
Add 2. It s normal when U change external to internal storage (or conversely) as default storage, that phone doesnt see the app which was instaled before changing storage, but when when draped as it was originally, it will return back.
U can try use another viewer for image or music from playstore, if U see all images or music, ... If U are using SD card, it must be formated fat32 (not NTFS) or ext2/3/....
And place when U download files U can set in the internet browser properties.
Which ROM on your lenovo are U using?

dhaleg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you. I shall try re formatting it and also look for other viewers/players.

lenovo P780 Life 07
Old
Thanks Meter 11
BEFORE RE-FORMATING DO BACKUP of all !

dhaleg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Of course.