[Q] P780 bricked after flashing (wrong) ROM - doesn't boot

OP casaben

20th October 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Try This:
1. now... turn off your phone(skip this step because yours is allready stoped)
2. plug your USB cable in your computer
2.1. do not plug your USB cable in your phone
3. open Flash Tool
4. check DA,DL WITH CHECKSUM (NOT OPTIONAL)
5. press Firmware Upgrade button (NOT DOWNLOAD BUTTON)
6. now just now plug usb cable to your phone.
7. firmware flash should start.(some red and other color lines should appear)
8. iff the firmware is not starting remove the back case of your phone and hold pressed the little red button from the right side, for about 20 seconds not less then release. All this must be done with cable pluged in to your phone.
9. after flash is done a green circle should appear
10. disconect your phone and power on your phone
11. lenovo logo should appear. then you should be pacient because it will took some time before android boots for the first time.
12. Reboot at least once then your phone is ready to work HARD.
13. Good luck. Hope This Helps You.
14. Do not be afraid. This phones are hard to HARD BRICK. Most of them are SOFT BRICK.

I'll try it asap, with the stock ROM, and I'll come back to you.
21st October 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #42  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ly0n_30

I'll try it asap, with the stock ROM, and I'll come back to you.

OK.
I managed to flash it, after reading this post: forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-p780/help/p780-bricked-recognized-pc-t2755207 with the ROM mentioned there (P780_S123_ROW_131231).

The prob now is that it powers ON, for less than a sec (screen flashes) and powers off again, so I guess I should try another ROM.

Any ideas of what ROM to try ?

The good think is that I managed to flash it
Last edited by Ly0n_30; 21st October 2014 at 07:57 PM.
22nd October 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #43  

5 posts
Quote:

OK.
I managed to flash it, after reading this post: forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-p780/help/p780-bricked-recognized-pc-t2755207 with the ROM mentioned there (P780_S123_ROW_131231).

The prob now is that it powers ON, for less than a sec (screen flashes) and powers off again, so I guess I should try another ROM.

Any ideas of what ROM to try ?

The good think is that I managed to flash it

Funny, thing... the phone seemed to e out of batery, after the last flash. After I plugged it on my PC and it started charging, it works ok, up to now (haven't used it with a sim card yet).
30th October 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #44  

1 posts
big problem with p780
Quote:

Funny, thing... the phone seemed to e out of batery, after the last flash. After I plugged it on my PC and it started charging, it works ok, up to now (haven't used it with a sim card yet).

Hello!
I tried to make an upgrade of firmware at my phone with flashtool, the process started and in a few minutes my computer turned off suddenly! I can boot the phone neither the reset button, neither the combination between power button and volumes + or -. If I try to connect my phone on the pc, it appears in device manager Unknown device!
I took the phone from pandawill.com,china, in september 2014, flashing s136.
What can I do?
Thanks!
30th October 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 318

718 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut dolete

Hello!
I tried to make an upgrade of firmware at my phone with flashtool, the process started and in a few minutes my computer turned off suddenly! I can boot the phone neither the reset button, neither the combination between power button and volumes + or -. If I try to connect my phone on the pc, it appears in device manager Unknown device!
I took the phone from pandawill.com,china, in september 2014, flashing s136.
What can I do?
Thanks!

PM me after 19.00. You soft briked your phone.

Sent from my Lenovo P780
4th November 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #46  

1 posts
Hello
For some reason it looked like I either hard bricked or soft bricked my P780 last night, because my phone is going haywire (kept returning application errors, including Google services) yesterday for some unknown reason. When I tried to factory reset it, it bootloops. Then I tried to revert to stock rom via flashing, but the SP flash tool kept returning an error when using the Upgrade. The error says that there is no PMT on my phone. Then I tried to format all of my phone using SPFT. It worked, but when I use the download option, it kept returning error No Space Error (5069) after downloading the preloader. Now all my P780 can do is charging and detect itself to the computer.
Maybe someone can help me, please?
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, flash, p780, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread