Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P780 Lockscreen Error after KitKat Update

Tip us?

pallidaMors
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] P780 Lockscreen Error after KitKat Update

Hello guys,

So after downloading the official OTA Kitkat update (phone was not rooted and never was), I tried installing the Chinese Theme Center so I can install other themes. When I was playing with the lock screen and stuff, this error suddenly appeared:

When I press OK, this screen will come up:

It says that it will enter security mode but it will just revert back to the error screen above... it's kind of stuck in a loop and I couldn't go any further since I cannot use the menu/touch buttons. The only buttons working are the power switch and volume rocker. Sadly, I can't remember if I have the 4GB or 8 GB version (I do not have the manual and the box anymore). When I try plugging in my phone to the PC, this is what it's showing:

Hope someone can help me. Thank you guys in advance!

bundysoat
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Install a TWRP version and wipe data, cache and davilk, or full wipe option is the default first option for TWRP.

Pyntux
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Shutdown phone (red button near sd card), than use combo (power + vol up + vol down) and go in to stock recovery. When you see green robot, tap power button once, than use vol down for navigation throw recovery, and vol up for choosing option from recovery. Choose "wipe/factory reset".

lenovop780ryu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyntux View Post
Shutdown phone (red button near sd card), than use combo (power + vol up + vol down) and go in to stock recovery. When you see green robot, tap power button once, than use vol down for navigation throw recovery, and vol up for choosing option from recovery. Choose "wipe/factory reset".

I had try push red button, dan wipe the eMMS card. But, my p780 back to kitkat OS. do you know how to downgrade it to original OS jelly bean of lenovo p780? pleas email me ya rendy1509@yahoo.com

AndroidLion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...eason-t2864456

Read through there, there's guides that stympy gave me to root my phone, although you will have to make sure you didnt do what i did and lose my IMEI and all, Actually not even sure myself how it happened but im happy with Jelly Bean again, not keen on running Kit Kat with all its buggy ****, lag, ram hog & battery drain.